Mayo v Donegal NFL Thread

Started by Farrandeelin, February 11, 2008, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

nice place alright apart from all the donegal folk  :P but couldn't comment about the pints , never touch the devil's sweat
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

OirthearMhaigheo

Quote from: rosnarun on February 15, 2008, 02:16:39 PM
wel spotted OirthearMhaigheo . but you build up a natural resistence to the charm of the boys from the hills after living there for the decade or so

fair enough Ros, it all makes sense now, sorry for blowing your cover!!

IolarCoisCuain

wel spotted OirthearMhaigheo . but you build up a natural resistence to the charm of the boys from the hills after living there for the decade or so

And you're the buck giving out about fellas not travelling to the Derry game when you were just going for a spin down the road yourself? Ah here. Ah now. Ah look.  :o

the Deel Rover

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on February 15, 2008, 03:38:01 PM

And you're the buck giving out about fellas not travelling to the Derry game when you were just going for a spin down the road yourself? Ah here. Ah now. Ah look.  :o

:D :D :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

rosnarun

god people are very sharp today.
in fairness i didnt hide it i was giving weather report all week.
beside i drive up and down to that god forsaken place often enough it the closest thing ill have to a home match all year . apart from laois on march 1st
whoo all is heading for c'bar sunday
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

the Deel Rover

i will be going Ros, the day is promised good so conditions should be good for football , i  can't remember the last time donegal played mayo in castlebar, i know they played galway in a qualifer 2 or 3 years ago where i was cheering them on ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

mannix

Will be listening online and hoping the lads can win.I think we will see a very forceful Mayo side out on sunday, jom has to be driving them on, derry were extremely lucky not to lose a 9 point lead, mayo should have won that game.The fight is back in Mayo.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: mannix on February 15, 2008, 04:48:48 PM
Will be listening online and hoping the lads can win.I think we will see a very forceful Mayo side out on sunday, jom has to be driving them on, derry were extremely lucky not to lose a 9 point lead, mayo should have won that game.The fight is back in Mayo.

Hopefully your right mannix but in fairness to Derry it was quite a strong breeze so it really was a game of two halfs
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

J70

Donegal team: two changes from the last day - Rafferty in in place of Bonner, Boyle in nets in place of Durkin.

1.  Michael Boyle           Termon
2.  Karl Lacey               Four Masters
3.  Neil McGee              Gaoth Dobhair
4.  Paddy McDaid          Termon
5.  Kevin Cassidy (Capt) Gaoth Dobhair
6.  Eamon McGee           Gaoth Dobhair
7.  Frank McGlynn          Glenfin
8.  Neil Gallagher            Glenswilly
9.  Kevin Rafferty           St.Eunans
10. Christy Toye            St Michaels
11. David Walsh             Naomh Brid
12. Brian Roper              Aodh Ruadh
13. Colm McFadden        St Michaels
14. Ryan Bradley            Buncrana
15. Kevin McMenamin     Termon

RedandGreenSniper

Just tuning in now to the match online. Mayo 0-14 to 1-9 up ten mins into second half. Sounds very high scoring. O'Shea, Austy and someone else (anyone know who) have been taken off. Heaney, Tom Parsons and Aidan Kilcoyne on. Anyone know were the players taken off injured?
Mayo under serious pressure by the sounds of Mid West. Crucial twenty minutes . . .
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

RedandGreenSniper

Jesus that one is going to be hard to recover from. Serious performance, dominated Donegal and leave with nothing. Fecking typical. Hope Mortimer was taken off injured because if he wasn't its a joke from O'Mahony.
Kilcoyne should have killed the ball too. Jesus don't know if its worth waiting up til 3am in Sydney to listen to this. Mayo God help us . . .
Serious trouble now in the league . . .
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Jinxy

Deferred coverage coming up on TG4. Mayo folk, now would be a good time to bring the dog for a walk.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

J70

Its looks like they blocked the internet coverage though.

Another sweet win for Donegal - we're hanging in there and playing to the final whistle, which is something that is very often lacking in Donegal sides who tend to let their heads drop far too easily. I only got to hear about five minutes of the game - there was speculation that Barry Monaghan went off with a broken thumb just after he came on - hopefully he's ok.

Four points out of four - halfway to safety, with quite a few players missing. Can't complain.

Someone has to stop McFadden taking penalties though - he missed against Tyrone in the championship last year and he's now missed in his last two league games.

Jinxy

What players were donegal missing? Seemed to most of the big guns were playing.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

J70

Quote from: Jinxy on February 17, 2008, 04:40:42 PM
What players were donegal missing? Seemed to most of the big guns were playing.

We had a strong-enough side out, no question, but we were missing a few.

Definite starters:

Ciaran Bonner
Barry Dunnion
Rory Kavanagh

Probable/possible starters:

Brendan Devenney
Michael Hegarty
Leon Thompson
Michael Murphy

Others:
Adrian Sweeney
Michael Doherty