The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diet Coke

See Irish News has result against cullaville as a draw. Absolute joke if this is allowed to stand. Harps played as well as i've seen for a while, thought Philly McKinney proved today he's as good a midfielder as there is in the county, collie Holmes was his usual rock solid, minnie played well, actually they all played well and special mention to dingle in goals, some great saves and kick outs excellent....willie watch out!
Hope they can continue the up turn in form on fri night at Dromintee.
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

bennydorano

Happened to be speaking to a top referee who told me " if Cullaville wrote to the county board saying we dont want the points, we still wouldn't get them."  We've no chance.

fcuksake

talking to a top ref, Bannon by any chance :D :D :D :D 
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Candyman

TG4

Quote from: Diet Coke on May 12, 2008, 06:22:39 PM
See Irish News has result against cullaville as a draw. Absolute joke if this is allowed to stand. Harps played as well as i've seen for a while, thought Philly McKinney proved today he's as good a midfielder as there is in the county

who is philly mc kinney? did he always play for harps? if so were did he play, i have never heard of him before this season

umgolaarmagh

The BC 5 Door is always open

there must be a few candidates looking to join us from the other side of the town

Candyman

Quite possibly but would they pass the strict testing and meet all the requirements???  ;)

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Candyman on May 13, 2008, 12:05:00 PM
Quite possibly but would they pass the strict testing and meet all the requirements???  ;)

Dont tell me ye's are still in to breathalysing your players Candyman are ye?

Candyman

Obviously thats Sh1t r i would have been red carded LONG ago mo chara...  ;)

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Candyman on May 13, 2008, 12:52:29 PM
Obviously thats Sh1t r i would have been red carded LONG ago mo chara...  ;)

Oh right, so it was just for the start of the season then.  No problem  :D ;)

rootthemout

el cuervo fc,could you not field a minor team last nite?turned up at the council pitch and was told game off,ogs couldnt field and harps get the points,whats going on?

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: rootthemout on May 13, 2008, 02:10:59 PM
el cuervo fc,could you not field a minor team last nite?turned up at the council pitch and was told game off,ogs couldnt field and harps get the points,whats going on?

I never actually heard anything about it

nashville

Yes Philly McKinney has always played for the Harps, took a year out last year but returned at the start of this year. He is in unreal form at the minute, obviously every club has their own suggestion as to who should partner Paul McGrane for the county, but this man is a REAL contender, a much better option than either Nippy Swift or Charlie Vernon.

Imposerous

McKinney is possibly the best fielder of a ball in the county, but don't know if he is intercounty class.  Didn't he get a few runs in the McKenna cup a few years ago.  I'd say McDonnell saw enough of him while at the Harps to judge whether he's good enough.  Deserved a chance this year though.