The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armagh leg-end

is the mick higgins final played in abbey park every year?
Ard Mhacha Abu

corn02

Why is it every year we seem to draw Harps away in the minor championship.

Rufus T Firefly

Great win for the Harps tonight in Abbey Park - all round, great team effort saw us get home by three points, 1-10 to 0-10. As stated, everyone played well, although the spine was particularly strong - really pleased for Jungle at full back, Minnie at number centre half forward and Gerard McDonagh at full forward, who all had great games! I'll get a report up tomorrow on the Harps website.

Can anyone confirm details of Sunday's fixture away to Mullabawn? I think there might be an early throw in due to Graveyard Sunday in the City this weekend.

Finally, sympathies to the Campbell family on the death of Pat.

Pat is dad of former Harps' Senior players Seamus, Padraig, Brian and Womble.

May Pat Rest In Peace.

say nothin

;D ;D

2 points.

thought the lads played the shirts of their back tonight.. ;D

Iron Fist

Tomorrows match against mullaghbawn is at 12 mid day,itwas a fantastic match againsy dromintee will do wonders for the boys confidence. rooney in fulll foward was a revelation,marty gill in center half was a master switch,but jungle in full back was a stroke of genious.Kevin daly had another rock steady game

corn02

You do know Dromintee were msissing 7 championship starters, you seem very very pleased over a match you should have won anyway?

Aghdavoyle

I'd make it 8 Corn if you count Vincy martin, who crawled out of his sick bed to go watch the game and ended up coming on! As i said on the other thread the lads never deserved in the least to get a result on the night but two big factor from dromintee's point of view were that neither regular midfielders were there to give us our usual platform and that the lads had a very heavy running session the night before the game.

corn02

Well that is stupid then having a session before a match but most defientley a depleted side.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: corn02 on June 23, 2007, 02:50:25 PM
You do know Dromintee were msissing 7 championship starters, you seem very very pleased over a match you should have won anyway?

A total irrelevance to the Harps. We are out of the Championship, and now have to look to the rest of the league to try and maintain our Division 1 status. That is now the aim. We have had a bad start to the league, and there is a danger of the season falling away totally. Last night's match seemed to point to the fact that there is still a willingness to give it their all for the Club, with pride in the jersey through great determination. That was only our second win of the year, and was a badly needed victory. Harps posters here are pleased, and justifiably so.

That said, the issue of Dromintee posters coming on here to list players missing has become a familiar theme over the years - and yet elsewhere there will be fingers pointed at Clans' posters about whining!

It really is a funny world.  ::)

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on June 23, 2007, 04:19:16 PM
That said, the issue of Dromintee posters coming on here to list players missing has become a familiar theme over the years - and yet elsewhere there will be fingers pointed at Clans' posters about whining!

thats just silly... when did you last beat us that we listed missing players?

there are only two of us and i don't think anyone was listing the missing players. myself and corn were simply using your thread for a bit of interaction.

harps well deserved their win and noone said any different? take the oul chip of your shoulder there rufus

on the harps, i thought the full back, full forward and swift's midfield partner were your three best players.

rootthemout

corn02 on a quick count harps had 9 boys different than their championship team.If c orourke started might have been a different result but all said the harps boys worked their socks of for this well deserved victory and hopefully we can carry this on through the rest of the league because we need wins to stay up.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on June 23, 2007, 05:07:06 PM

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on June 23, 2007, 04:19:16 PM

thats just silly... when did you last beat us that we listed missing players?

there are only two of us and i don't think anyone was listing the missing players. myself and corn were simply using your thread for a bit of interaction.

harps well deserved their win and noone said any different? take the oul chip of your shoulder there rufus

on the harps, i thought the full back, full forward and swift's midfield partner were your three best players.

I really should know better from past experience, and simply ignore this sort of stuff. However, go back to the old GAABoard, here's the link.

http://www.gaaboard.com/ezboard/

The old Harps thread is on page 3, and on page 22 of the thread, your comment - dated the 20th June 2006 - reads,

QuoteHarps must be worried about their inability to beat weakened versions of either Dromintee or cross.

Go and have a look for yourself, and at least have the good grace to take a reddner when you read it.  ::)

bennydorano

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on June 23, 2007, 03:03:35 PM

I'd make it 8 Corn if you count Vincy martin, who crawled out of his sick bed to go watch the game and ended up coming on! As i said on the other thread the lads never deserved in the least to get a result on the night but two big factor from dromintee's point of view were that neither regular midfielders were there to give us our usual platform and that the lads had a very heavy running session the night before the game.

Gareth O'Neill not a Midfielder then? What were the county U21's thinking ???

Good win for a severly understrength Harps team :)  Thought Gerard McDonagh had his best game ever for the seniors.  The dust up was a bit strange as it wasn't a dirty match before or after the incident.

stew

It is great for the club to get another win, especially against a team like Dromintee, I am hoping that the Harps can use this win as a springboard for sucess in the next few league games to get us out of the relegation fight.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: bennydorano on June 23, 2007, 06:59:40 PM
Gareth O'Neill not a Midfielder then? What were the county U21's thinking ???

i simply made the point that we hadn't our regular midfield. Gareth is a very good midfielder but not our usual 8 or 9. i don't see where the confusion could possibly be with that? in any case, the county u21 management wouldn't be prime candidates for taking selection or tactical advice from....

all that needs to be said about the handbags was that the two players who started it were booked and that harps manager & assistant manger were sent off.