Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

FermPundit

After the start we made to 2007 its pleasing to get 2 victories under our belt even though it's the only the McKenna Cup. It looks like Malachy O'Rourke is staying to instill a bit of confidence in the boys. We'll not get too carried away but it's good start nevertheless
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

tintin25

Lads, apparently Enniskillen have appointed Dom Corrigan as Manager. Anyone confirm?

there is time yet

i hear ronan gallagher is trying to get cj mc gourty to play for fermanagh. they are st galls team mates and mc gourty is not happy with the antrim set up. also i hear that his family use to live in fermanagh. i hear this rumours off a fermanagh man any truth in the rumours. good start big win confidence boost beating armagh

FermPundit

Quote from: tintin25 on January 10, 2008, 10:24:31 AM
Lads, apparently Enniskillen have appointed Dom Corrigan as Manager. Anyone confirm?

I don't think it's true but Im not 100% sure. Where did you this?

inisceithleann

Quote from: there is time yet on January 11, 2008, 01:01:31 PM
i hear ronan gallagher is trying to get cj mc gourty to play for fermanagh. they are st galls team mates and mc gourty is not happy with the antrim set up. also i hear that his family use to live in fermanagh. i hear this rumours off a fermanagh man any truth in the rumours. good start big win confidence boost beating armagh

This is bound to be rubbish??

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

FermGael

McGourty to Fermanagh??  I think not.
Dom for the Gaels.  I would be shocked
Good start this year for the senior team.  Seems to be unearthing a few new faces.
Tommorrow will be a better yardstick as to where we really are because there will be a
bit at stake in this game as the winners will go into the semi's.
Hope that O'Rourke puts out the spine of his first team with those who have impressed given a chance.  Is the panel cut at the end of the McKenna cup??
My only concern is who is going to fill in a full back while Owens is out injured.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: there is time yet on January 11, 2008, 01:01:31 PM

Don't think CJ would be eligible to play for Fermanagh.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

inisceithleann

Many of yous heading to Maghera today? I'm hopinh Q101.2FM will be doing it live or having regular updates. Is there any radio stations in south Derry that will be covering it?

inisceithleann

Fermanagh line up for todays game:

Ronan Gallagher

Paul Johnston
Paddy Mohan
Niall Leonard

Cathal McCaffrey
Shane Lyons
Barry Mulrone

Marty McGrath
James Sherry

Niall Cassidy
Mattie Keenan
Niall Keenan

Ronan McCabe
Liam McBarron
Kieran Leonard

turf123

anyone hear updates of match or were to get updates. i from derry and dont no of any local radio stations..

inisceithleann

Q101.2FM are live from Ballyshannon but have regular updates from Maghera.

turf123

ahrite cheers...just heard its 0-5 - 0-5 at half time

tintin25

A very experimental lineout. Good to see boys getting a chance to impress before the NFL starts. On the club front I think it's pretty much confirmed that Dom is the new Enniskillen manager.

FermPundit

A very inexperienced Fermanagh side out today which is great to see. The McKenna cup is all about giving younger guys an opportunity to show what they can do at this level.

ExiledGael

Same old story today, scores far too hard to come by. Defence coped well but Sherry, who started very well, was a big loss after injury after 20 odd minutes. Here goes:
Ronan Gallagher: did well, very vocal, which was needed with Mohan tracking Bradley in front of him. Great penalty save, though a few dodgy kick-outs, which may have had more to do with his options. 8
Paul Johnston: Lasted the whole game. One of the players on trial around the fringe of the final 30. Gave away numerous frees including a few off the ball which resultged in simple scores. Will be lucky to survive cut. 5.5
Paddy Mohan: Very encouraging performance. Always on toes with Bradley and needed to be given the amount of ball coming in. Always goty a hand in and restricted him to one score from play though he did hit a few wides. 7.5
Niall Leonard: Did well in the corner keeping Devlin fairly quiet and scoreless from play. Will be another on fringe of panel. 6.5
Cathal McCaffrey: Decent debut but fairly quiet overall. O'Rourke would have expected more from his half back. 6
Shane Lyons: Held the defence together well and made a lot of crucial interceptions and took hte heavy hits. Came out with the ball well and will be a cert for final 30. 7.5
Barry Mulrone: Shaky start but never hid from the ball. Grew into the game and was always an option. Good chance of making the final squad but struggled on Wilkinson who came deep to secure space. 6.5
James Sherry: Took three great catches in opening fifteen minutes before injury in making the last. Looked like hamstring and had leg heavily strapped after the game. Was a big loss as Fermanagh failed to secure possession after his impressive 25 minutes. 7.5
Marty McGrath: Still struggling for fitness and glad to see O'Rourke giving him a few full games. Scored one brilliant 40 yard point but was on the fringes of the game for the most part. Still a certain starter for League and Championship. The question is who will partner him, Sherry or Murphy?. 7
Matthew Keenan: Sublime and ridiculous, scored a few outstanding frees in first half including a brilliant sideline ball, but hit a few frees in the second half at least 30 yards off target. Some good perceptive passing though and will make NFL squad. 7
Niall Keenan: Got through a lot of work but the game passed him by and will be lucky to make fnal squad. 6
Niall Cassidy: First chance to impress but only lasted 25 minutes. Seemed to hide behind man then foul on way out. Never an option and it was obvious he wouldn't last to half time even. Won't make squad. 5
Ronan McCabe: Showed well early on but faded as game wore on and was replaced, scored one free but should make final 30 after a few years away. 6
Liam McBarron: No lack of industry and effort but was well marshalled by Hinphey. Couldn't secure possession and offload, overcarrying a few times though quality of ball coming in was very poor. Good wrestling match with Hinphey near half time at least he won that. 6
Ciaran Leonard: need to impress and did. Always showed for the ball and scored excellent second half point, probably done enough to make last 30. 7
Subs
Mark Little (for Cassidy): On early and did what he does best. Picked up loads of ball coming deep and outpaced the Derry defence constantly. Stole in late on when he should have scored but drilled his shot just over crossbar when he should have fired low. 7.5
Ciaran Boyle (for Sherry): Struggled to make impact and was switched with McBarron in second half for a period. Another who could struggle to make squad. 5.5
Ciaran Smith (for McCaffrey): Came on at a time when game got stretched but wasted possession a few times. Constantly holding man and gave away easy free off the ball and got booked after both linesmen mentioned him to referee, will struggle to make squad. 5
Paul Ward (for McCabe): Had little time to impress but has probably done enough to make it into final 30. 6

Good to see O'Rourke use all the squad and give them a chance. Still have a small chance of making semis which would be a bonus to prepare for League. Seen Shaun Doherty Eamon Maguire Mark Murphy Pat Cadden and Shane McDermott togged out but not in dug-out. Probably guaranteed squad places already.
Need to get on the phone to Stevie Maguire!!