Sigerson 2008

Started by shark, December 12, 2007, 03:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandit

Why was Paul McGuigan taken off? Was he injured?

bennydorano

I noticed the Irish News had Miceal O'Rourke own for only 0-1, I'm pretty sure he got at least 0-3??  Also they had McComiskey down for 0-7??

amigo

Quote from: Uladh on February 28, 2008, 10:24:52 AM

Dissapointed to have missed this one as it sounded like a real cracker. when the text came through that the uni were 2 up with only minutes left i thought they'd pulled it off again. my reporter felt that once it got to extra time queens had nothing left and McEnaney gave the poly every chance to get there

Do i detect a hint of sour grapes here ULADH!! :-[

Uladh

Ah well amigo, we'll have to let it go given our boys' record over ye in recent years!

Norf Tyrone

Anyone know if Brendan Boggs is still on the UUJ panel?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

corn02

Micheal only got the one score Benny but set up quite a number, it is a pity the ball inot him was a disaster. Where you in a Harps top by any chance Benjamin?

Queens had this game won yesterday, McGovern had the ball in the half back line and he should of been fouled at any cost. Paddy Cunningham was excellent from dead-ball situations when he came on and Donnelly was also very good when introduced. Mulgrew's point in extra time was the score of the game and ended any hopes of a Queen's comeback.

Man of the match for me was Gallagher, although a bit wreckless the man was immense. In the first half the Queen's midfield was getting nothing and it was only Gallagher who was doing anything. The second half prominence of Courtney and Gallaghers continuing grafting meant Queens amde a mockery of the Poly midfield in the second half.

O'Neill was non-existent in the first half but was very good in the seoncd. McAllister in the JTown goals pulled off some first class saves, but he has always been a great shop stopper. Lacey was indeed impressive, but the fall in favoured him (hail mary balls) and although he is not the tallest, he succedded as any ball O'Rourke managed to break nobody was wityhin 10 yards of him leaving him an unenviable task. The one crticism of Gallagher was that his passing into O'Rourke and O'Neill was quite poor.

The sliding tackle was quite crazy and unbelievable. There waas no chance in hell Cunningham was going to miss that the way he was shooting.

Moran was JTown's best forward but DIT will fancy their chances.

I thought McEneaney refeed the game very well during normal time. During extra-time, however, he gave some wild decisions and as an ex-Poly student I can even admit that they all favoured Jordanstown.

Excellent game if a bit sloppy. DIT to win the competition. Vernon being unfit was fatal. Poly won it from the bench.

bennydorano

No wasn't me, I was on the opposite side of the field from thon fella (whom I do know).

descartes

QuoteExcellent game if a bit sloppy. DIT to win the competition. Vernon being unfit was fatal. Poly won it from the bench.

how do you make that out corn02???

I'd have Cork IT favourites, with UUJ next. UUJ are littered with county players, been looking through the DIT team and apart from Vaughan Ward and Kilcoyne they look relatively unknown.

corn02

They are coming off the back of a great win over DCU and then yesterday's stroll. Jordanstown are littered with stars but up front they have an over dependence on Moran. I just think they are there for the taking and I think DIT could go all the way.

shark

Quote from: descartes on February 28, 2008, 03:08:21 PM

QuoteExcellent game if a bit sloppy. DIT to win the competition. Vernon being unfit was fatal. Poly won it from the bench.

I'd have Cork IT favourites, with UUJ next. UUJ are littered with county players, been looking through the DIT team and apart from Vaughan Ward and Kilcoyne they look relatively unknown.

DIT have several 'known' players. Apart from those you mentioned, Ross Glavin was midfield for Kildare in the Leinster championship last year, Donnacha Reilly has been on the Dublin panel for the past 3 years and was their U21 captain last year, plus they have several county U21s.

Jinxy

Quote from: descartes on February 28, 2008, 03:08:21 PM

DCU had plenty of intercounty men and DIT took care of them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Captain Scarlet

just on DIT Glavin would be on Kildare team if he really went for it and another lad called Naughton at full back should be on the panel. I'm sure they have plenty of good solid players to back up the sharp shooters.
the garda are appealing all the way too. the comp might have to be put back a week
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Fuzzman

Apologies if this has already been commented on but How has Peter Donnelly being playing for the Poly?
Does he still look very slow and does he play wing half forward or help out at MF?

I can't imagine him taking me on and running from wing forward.
Any ideas why he plays better for the Poly that he does for Tyrone?

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 29, 2008, 01:44:34 PM
Apologies if this has already been commented on but How has Peter Donnelly being playing for the Poly?
Does he still look very slow and does he play wing half forward or help out at MF?

I can't imagine him taking me on and running from wing forward.
Any ideas why he plays better for the Poly that he does for Tyrone?

Was at the J'town game against Queens Fuzzman, Donnelly done ok in patches nothing spectacular.  He did kick one absolutely mighty point in injury i think, about 35 yards out near the wing, outside of the right peg straight over the BS.  Donnelly has been knocking around the Poly for some time now...is he is the new Jim  McGuiness??  Anyone know actually how long he has been at college or what exactly is he doing there...course wise like?
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

amigo

I think he was at Belfast Tech for a few years doing a HND thus qualifying to play for the POLY. Then he transferred to Jordanstown to study a degree in sport or something into second yr i think. Think this is his fifth and final yr. He had a solid game for the Poly at wing half back on Wednesday!