Dentists in the North

Started by lfdown2, December 05, 2007, 02:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfdown2

how many of ye in the north are experiencing your dentist leaving the NHS to go private?
got a letter last week, £14/month direct debit, this compares to £20 odd twice a year before!
plus the £14 dosnt cover any work done just check ups!Think its a bit rough, dont mind paying for dental care but seems he's putting his arm in a bit?!while also saying he cant guarantee a drastic reduction in waiting times!!!! ???
also harder to find NHS dentists as a lot seem to be heading this way!

Candyman

yeah mine has gone private (the c*nt)... tempted to check out a few others in the area to see who are the best/most competitive saying as i'll be paying the kn**ker a fortune anyway!!!! ::)

5 Sams

Quote from: lfdown2 on December 05, 2007, 02:59:30 PM
..but seems he's putting his arm in a bit?!

Nothing worse than a dentist doing that ;)
The Aristocrat Years

amallon

Mine went private as well.  I just changed to another NHS dentist.  £23 to get the teeth cleaned yesterday.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Broken_Cross

Mine went from gov to private and I followed them, I drive from North Armagh to Carrickmacross every trip. Happy to drive the miles as I have had that many bad dentists I will pay this one to the grave!

The Iceman

if you dont mind having your teeth worked on by final year dentistry students then get them done for free at universities.

i know you can go to the royal and have the queens students take care of anything

its free! gotta love the free stuff
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

bailestil

went for checkup earlier in the week.
£45.
Daylight robbery.

All he done was check them, cleaned them and polished.
No More than 5 minutes.

Thats a nice hourly rate to be working at

under the bar

Quotewent for checkup earlier in the week.
£45.
Daylight robbery.

All he done was check them, cleaned them and polished.
No More than 5 minutes.

Thats a nice hourly rate to be working at

Tell him/her to get to feck.  That is robbery. 

jodyb

Look on the bright side. If you moved to the state, you could have the pleasure of paying average €375 for said root canal and something similar next time round for closing up the painful bast@rd with a crown. €750 euro to keep a tooth? F@ck that!!

Puckoon

Not sure, but they should be cheaper by the dozen.

lynchbhoy

went to the Dentist recently and had the teeth 'cleaned' by the hygenist and have a quick two minute check up by the Dentist herself.
This cost me €150 (as I am self employed my prsi doesnt cover it)
Cant remember what it cost the wife for the same...think it was somewhere in the region of €40-70

I am thinking of getting a permanent tooth 'implant' to get rid of my (infamous) false front tooth.

In mexico it is approx €2500 for this.
A Dental technician has opened up in Drumcondra (croke park area) and has roped in an immigrant Romanian dentist to do this job and the cost will be €1300(with lifetime guarantee).
I know the cost is in the region of a few hundred euros in mainland europe (Hungry, Croatia, Slovakia) - but does anyone know
how much this would cost in NI?
Anyone reccomend a Dentist in Newry/Enniskillen/Co Derry

thanks

Candyman

saffron sam2

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 06, 2007, 09:27:32 AM
went to the Dentist recently and had the teeth 'cleaned' by the hygenist and have a quick two minute check up by the Dentist herself.
This cost me €150 (as I am self employed my prsi doesnt cover it)
Cant remember what it cost the wife for the same...think it was somewhere in the region of €40-70

I am thinking of getting a permanent tooth 'implant' to get rid of my (infamous) false front tooth.

In mexico it is approx €2500 for this.
A Dental technician has opened up in Drumcondra (croke park area) and has roped in an immigrant Romanian dentist to do this job and the cost will be €1300(with lifetime guarantee).
I know the cost is in the region of a few hundred euros in mainland europe (Hungry, Croatia, Slovakia) - but does anyone know
how much this would cost in NI?
Anyone reccomend a Dentist in Newry/Enniskillen/Co Derry

thanks

Got an implant done in Belfast - £1,200 and that was the dentist doing a bit of a favour.  That was four and a half years ago - you would be unlikely to get much change out of £2,000 now. I know Belfast is not newry / Enniskillen / Co Derry, but I was answering your first question about cost.

What would you do to impress the ladies if the infamous dropping of the false tooth into their drink is no longer an option?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

lynchbhoy

Quote from: saffron sam2 on December 06, 2007, 09:51:13 AM
Got an implant done in Belfast - £1,200 and that was the dentist doing a bit of a favour.  That was four and a half years ago - you would be unlikely to get much change out of £2,000 now. I know Belfast is not newry / Enniskillen / Co Derry, but I was answering your first question about cost.

What would you do to impress the ladies if the infamous dropping of the false tooth into their drink is no longer an option?
Thanks for the info Candyman

thanks ShiftySam2 - thats pricey, I thought we wer being ripped off down here..

as for impressing the ladies...well thats too easy an answer... ;)
it was only the lads that got the tooth inserted into their pints anyhow

anyhow, married life has quietened me down these days (as well as stricter policing measures in dublin)an old party piece now retired like myself

Orior

Greg Blaney will rip your head off, extract teeth, and screw it all back together again and is cheap as chips.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians