O'Byrne Cup 2008

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 28, 2007, 12:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 15, 2008, 11:46:15 AM
QuoteRemind me again what the Slashers contributed to GAA in 2007???

Well, they knocked Westmeath out of the Leinster championship which was nice. :D

(The rematch didn't mean anything as neither team were going to do anything in the All Ireland proper. The Larries just wanted the summer off once they were out of Leinster. They are old school, just like Offaly. Sure we even took the qualifiers off completely :D)

Au contraire, the rematch showed the difference between the teams in the absense of Hurricane Pearse and firmly showed the gap in quality. We hope to reinforce that this year and get u Biffos back to the bog as soon as possible...  :P
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 15, 2008, 11:54:35 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 15, 2008, 11:46:15 AM
QuoteRemind me again what the Slashers contributed to GAA in 2007???

Well, they knocked Westmeath out of the Leinster championship which was nice. :D

(The rematch didn't mean anything as neither team were going to do anything in the All Ireland proper. The Larries just wanted the summer off once they were out of Leinster. They are old school, just like Offaly. Sure we even took the qualifiers off completely :D)

Au contraire, the rematch showed the difference between the teams in the absense of Hurricane Pearse and firmly showed the gap in quality. We hope to reinforce that this year and get u Biffos back to the bog as soon as possible...  :P

We're concentrating on the league this year. Consolidating our place in Division 4 is the priority :D

Billys Boots

QuoteRemind me again what the Slashers contributed to GAA in 2007?

Slashers were beaten in the County Championship by Colmcille - I believe the final score was 1-14 to 1-9.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 15, 2008, 01:56:03 PM

Slashers were beaten in the County Championship by Colmcille - I believe the final score was 1-14 to 1-9.

Not many left now...  ;D

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

LaurelEye

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 15, 2008, 03:13:27 PM

Not many left now...  ;D

Any bargains that we should know about in the upcoming Bankruptcy Sale? ;D
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: LaurelEye on January 15, 2008, 06:01:37 PM

Not many left now...  ;D

Have yous not had enough of our cast offs yet???  ;D

LaurelEye

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 15, 2008, 06:05:55 PM
Quote from: LaurelEye on January 15, 2008, 06:01:37 PM

Not many left now...  ;D

Have yous not had enough of our cast offs yet???  ;D

The one we have seems to be a bit fragile - can we swap him for Glennon?

Second thoughts: I think we're fine for forwards at the moment... we'll pass :)
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

tayto

Four changes for OByrne Cup semi-final

Dublin have made four changes to their team for Saturday's O'Byrne Cup semi-final in Parnell Park (5.0).

Shane Ryan is ruled out having picked up a hamstring injury in last Saturday's ten-point victory over WestM**th and is replaced at midfield by Paul Flynn, who moves out from corner-forward. 2008 team captain, Alan Brogan, comes in a No 15.

In the other switches Stephen Cluxton takes over again in goal from John Leonard while Philip McMahon replaces Derek Murray at right half-back.

McMahon was selected to start in last Saturday's game but as he had played for Ballymun Kickhams' under-21s in Championship action earlier that afternoon he was 'rested'.

The final alteration sees Round Towers, Clondalkin's John O'Brien lead the attack with Pat Burke being displaced to the bench.

DUBLIN (SF) - S Cluxton; N O'Shea, R McConnell, S O'Shaughnessy; P McMahon, C Moran, P Brogan; P Flynn, E Fennell; D Lally, J O'Brien, B Brogan; J Sherlock, D O'Mahony, A Brogan. Subs: J Leonard, P Casey, D Henry, D Murray, B Cullen, D Ryan, B Kennedy, P Burke.

Ga

Quote from: tayto on January 16, 2008, 09:48:52 AM

Dublin have made four changes to their team for Saturday's O'Byrne Cup semi-final in Parnell Park (5.0).

Shane Ryan is ruled out having picked up a hamstring injury in last Saturday's ten-point victory over WestM**th and is replaced at midfield by Paul Flynn, who moves out from corner-forward. 2008 team captain, Alan Brogan, comes in a No 15.

In the other switches Stephen Cluxton takes over again in goal from John Leonard while Philip McMahon replaces Derek Murray at right half-back.

McMahon was selected to start in last Saturday's game but as he had played for Ballymun Kickhams' under-21s in Championship action earlier that afternoon he was 'rested'.

The final alteration sees Round Towers, Clondalkin's John O'Brien lead the attack with Pat Burke being displaced to the bench.

DUBLIN (SF) - S Cluxton; N O'Shea, R McConnell, S O'Shaughnessy; P McMahon, C Moran, P Brogan; P Flynn, E Fennell; D Lally, J O'Brien, B Brogan; J Sherlock, D O'Mahony, A Brogan. Subs: J Leonard, P Casey, D Henry, D Murray, B Cullen, D Ryan, B Kennedy, P Burke.

Lads any truth in the rumour that J O'Brien is transfering away from Round Towers, Clondalkin??

heffo

Quote from: Ga on January 16, 2008, 11:42:04 AM
Quote from: tayto on January 16, 2008, 09:48:52 AM

Lads any truth in the rumour that J O'Brien is transfering away from Round Towers, Clondalkin??

A lot of truth, yes.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: heffo on January 14, 2008, 11:42:33 AMYou're right. Fergal Wilson should have walked for the headbutt on Paul Brogan, and shouldn't have been on the pitch to throw the punch that concussed Collie Moran when he was on the ground.

Kept a close eye on the Collie Moran incident on Setanta and as I suspected ur talking pure sh!te. Willo came in to shoulder, Moran got shoved/went to ground and caught Willos shoulder on de way down, totally accidental and to allege that someone was throwing punches at another individual on the ground (no matter where they come from) is disgraceful. Please remove that post. Also leads me to believe that your alleged headbutt is fantasy based, please remove that as well!!!

tayto

Looked like an accident to me as well.

heffo

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 16, 2008, 02:00:26 PM
Quote from: heffo on January 14, 2008, 11:42:33 AMYou're right. Fergal Wilson should have walked for the headbutt on Paul Brogan, and shouldn't have been on the pitch to throw the punch that concussed Collie Moran when he was on the ground.

Kept a close eye on the Collie Moran incident on Setanta and as I suspected ur talking pure sh!te. Willo came in to shoulder, Moran got shoved/went to ground and caught Willos shoulder on de way down, totally accidental and to allege that someone was throwing punches at another individual on the ground (no matter where they come from) is disgraceful. Please remove that post. Also leads me to believe that your alleged headbutt is fantasy based, please remove that as well!!!

It looked like a punch from Wilson from my seat. I'm surprised you missed Wilson's headbutt - were you at the game? Half the stand seen it..

I'll have a look at the tv, and if your version is true (which I doubt very much) then I'll edit my post.

So got concussion from falling onto the ground and 'catching' a Westmeath players shoulder on the way down?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: heffo on January 16, 2008, 02:11:57 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 16, 2008, 02:00:26 PM

It looked like a punch from Wilson from my seat. I'm surprised you missed Wilson's headbutt - were you at the game? Half the stand seen it..

I'll have a look at the tv, and if your version is true (which I doubt very much) then I'll edit my post.

So got concussion from falling onto the ground and 'catching' a Westmeath players shoulder on the way down?

Yes I was at the game, from my seat (near the Dublin dugout) it just looked like he got sandwiched and the telly revealed de truth. He was carrying the ball in one direction with a Westmeath player up his arse and Willo came in from the other direction. Moran stumbled/was shoved, and ran into/caught Willos shoulder on de way down, looked innocuous enough but sure knocked Moran for six. Now if I was bothered there's a hell of a lot more "incidents" that merit discussion but better to let sleeping dogs lie. For u to state that Willo layed into Collie Moran when he was lying on the ground and was directly responsible for the concusion says more about yourself than I really wish to know. Please remove it today before I have to report it!!!