Setanta showing

Started by sligeach, November 21, 2007, 06:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligeach

Guys as hoganstand points out -> "The Connacht final between Ballina Stephenites (Mayo) and St.Brigid's (Roscommon) in Ballina will be shown 'live' on TG4 while the Crossmaglen Rangers (Armagh) v St.Gall's (Antrim) Ulster final will have a deferred showing from Newry."

Can anyone tell me if Setanta are showing these ? I'm abroad at the min and would love to get some GAA. I'm having serious withdrawl sympthoms.

stephenite

Quote from: sligeach on November 21, 2007, 06:45:05 AM
Guys as hoganstand points out -> "The Connacht final between Ballina Stephenites (Mayo) and St.Brigid's (Roscommon) in Ballina will be shown 'live' on TG4 while the Crossmaglen Rangers (Armagh) v St.Gall's (Antrim) Ulster final will have a deferred showing from Newry."

Can anyone tell me if Setanta are showing these ? I'm abroad at the min and would love to get some GAA. I'm having serious withdrawl sympthoms.

They are not showing it in Oz, I got Setanta onto the home TV package here as soon as it became available a fortnight ago and have called them direct - the only club matches they are guaranteed to show is the Club final on Paddys day apparently

new devil

Not showing it in the states either, I to got setanta into my home its great job for the soccer, and shows all the saturday night NL games but for the rest of the games have to go the bar ;)

sligeach

I actually meant setanta in the bars, will they have it ?

new devil

No dont think the bars will have it, il find out for sure later today and let you know

tayto

Setanta Ireland shows the same matches as TG4 throughout the week after. Dont know if you can get Setanta Ireland abroad?

new devil

Quote from: tayto on November 21, 2007, 06:10:19 PM
Setanta Ireland shows the same matches as TG4 throughout the week after. Dont know if you can get Setanta Ireland abroad?

In the states its called setanta North America

tayto

Is that the exact same channel? Thought the Irish one was different to the version you'd get in the states. i cant imagine there's much interest in the Cumman na bunscoll stateside.

stephenite

In Oz, they're showing mainly soccer (repeats of recent Internationals) and club channels re-runs MUTV, Celtic TV, Rangers TV etc. Hopefully come the New year when the leagues kick back in they'll start the GAA again in earnest - they were showing games all last year, but the question will be if they're available for the home subscribers.

I'll blow their f*cking office up if I can't watch the GAA at home

say nothin

I presume that you will be able to view TG4 through SKY in London. If so, can anyone recommend a bar to view the games as I'm over there this w/end and it would be great to see both of the games.

tommy

cant you watch tg4 live on the internet.

sligeach

I'm in Asia lads, any hope of getting these at all ? :(

stephenite

Quote from: sligeach on November 23, 2007, 02:25:04 AM
I'm in Asia lads, any hope of getting these at all ? :(

In a word, no.

I'll be listening to the Connacht Club final on mid west radio online - as good as it's gonna get unfortunately :'(