Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: gallsman on July 31, 2016, 04:28:30 AM
5-3 Frampton for me. Great fight. Hope be doesn't fade.

Great fight, very close but I have Frampton 2 up after 10
That was never a square ball!!

JimStynes

A lot of rounds that are hard to call. My fear is they will give those round to Santa Cruz for being the aggressor.

JimStynes

Also frampton looking great at this weight.

BennyHarp

Cruz coming on strong! This is going to be close!
That was never a square ball!!

BennyHarp

Both emptying the tank here! A draw wouldn't surprise me here!!
That was never a square ball!!

omaghjoe

Got it! he feckin got it!

Wildweasel74

Frampton done well there, i actually thought Santa Cruz had shaded him with constant punching through the rounds

BennyHarp

Get in!! Well done Carl! Great stuff!! But one judge giving it by 6 rounds was a bit crazy!
That was never a square ball!!

JimStynes

Unreal! I had it very close and was expecting them to give it to Santa Cruz.

gallsman

I gave it to him by three or four in the end. Unbelievable. Ultimate the right result but thought 117-111 was a bit harsh.

Frampton snappier and much more accurate throughout and his defence, particularly his head movement, was brilliant.

Absolutely smashing fight.

Wildweasel74

Thought a draw would been near the right decision, so many of those heavy hitting rounds were hard to call, def wasn't 6 in it at 117 - 111 and thought 4 was also harsh at 116 - 112

omaghjoe

I thought it was gonna end up a draw, Frampton by 6 rounds was silly

Twas a great fight, rare you'll see two fighters with such quality,matched so equally

Fair play Carl

JimStynes

Hope they do it again. If I was Santa Cruz's team I would be pissed off by those score cards. I had it very close and expected it to be a draw or someone winning by a round. Wonder what is next for Frampton?? Rigondeaux will be calling him out again.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: gallsman on July 31, 2016, 04:53:58 AM
I gave it to him by three or four in the end. Unbelievable. Ultimate the right result but thought 117-111 was a bit harsh.

Frampton snappier and much more accurate throughout and his defence, particularly his head movement, was brilliant.

Absolutely smashing fight.

+ 1

I had him easily the winner the commentator where flat ignoring his punches and Rawlins clearly push Cruz rounds on the colour commentator it fecking annoyed tbh.

Irish crowd where unreal. Steve Bunch would sicken yer hole, i actually like him as a pundit but lead presenter NO. ''What does this mean to BRITISH boxing, BRitish boxing'' he emphasised it twice!!! my typing doesnt do justice to his obvious distest to him having Irishness. i dont mind Britain claiming Frampton. He's a prod married to a catholic from the north, he epitimises a shared society and makes sure he mentions everyone in his celebrations

gallsman

I was watching it on Showtime and they were much more honest about it. Acknowledged Santa Cruz coming back into it but that Frampton was boxing superbly. Their unofficial scorer had it 5-1 to Frampton after six.