Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

De Gale wins by knockout in R4, mighty knockdown but another controversial enough stoppage. Refs tonight have got itchy trigger fingers!

tyroneboi

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on May 31, 2014, 09:03:07 PM
Sorry lads, for what it's worth I put my money where my mouth was. I don't know how it looked on TV but Maduma seemed comfortably ahead and the fight was stopped with 4 seconds of the round left as far as I know.

In fairness Mitchell was behind on the judges scorecards so you werent too far away!

Agreed on the Degale stoppage a little too early IMO plus he is a grade A knob!!

laoislad

What timw is the main event?
Joe McDonagh 2026 🏆

bennydorano

On their way to ring now, 10mins

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

laoislad

f**k. One punch. Down. All Over.
Joe McDonagh 2026 🏆

Gabriel_Hurl


bennydorano

f**k me, sweet as a nut.  Groves didn't know where he was for a good 2 mins. Froch was bossing it up until the previous round when Groves started to look good.

Milltown Row2

That was sore!! Who'd be a boxer lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: bennydorano on May 31, 2014, 10:43:37 PM
f**k me, sweet as a nut.  Groves didn't know where he was for a good 2 mins. Froch was bossing it up until the previous round when Groves started to look good.

Yep - what fight was Khan watching when he said Groves was on top? One too many hits to the head for that lad I think

CiKe

Massive respect for Froch. Don't think there is a boxer anywhere who has had a series of fights that tough for a long long time. Arguably out of his last 12 fights he would only have been heavily favoured against Glen Johnson and Yusaf Mack.

Unfortunately for him think Ward is just too good for him but would love to see Golovkin against Froch. Irresistible force vs immovable object? Still, couldn't blame him if he wanted to quit while was ahead and go out on top - no one could begrudge him that.

CiKe

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 31, 2014, 10:49:02 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 31, 2014, 10:43:37 PM
f**k me, sweet as a nut.  Groves didn't know where he was for a good 2 mins. Froch was bossing it up until the previous round when Groves started to look good.

Yep - what fight was Khan watching when he said Groves was on top? One too many hits to the head for that lad I think

Now you can understand why Khan actually thinks he can beat Mayweather - hasn't a notion!

Walter Cronc

Think a lot of ppl being overly critical of Groves. Yes he perhaps got into a bit of a dog fight between 3 and 6 but I thought he was coming on strong 7&8. No shame in getting beat by Froch. I think the lad has a big career ahead of him.

The author was Donald McRae God14.

laoislad

Joe McDonagh 2026 🏆

Club Rossa

Emphatic finish from the Cobra,just as Groves was beginning to warm to the task.Groves had a good 7th but I had Froch ahead by 3.Thought it strange when Khan said Groves was controlling the fight.I think Froch will vacate the IBF belt now and head to Vegas for one last payday.Groves will come back stronger from this and I would love to see him fight DeGale again,no love lost their either.