Michael Shields

Started by J.J, October 31, 2007, 04:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.J

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 01, 2007, 10:07:42 AM
J.J. you ask questions that I wouldn't expect just a "fan" to ask...

What's your interest or are you just a fan??

I'm a very passionate Carlton supporter.

After spending 6 years on the bottom two of the ladder, this year we just signed the best player in the competition.

Things seem to be looking up for us this year, and with the announcement of another Irish talent possibly joining our list along with Setanta (of whom we absolutely adore), we as Carlton supporters are all very excited.

There is hardly any information about him on the net, hence why i am asking information about him to explain the type of player he is to fellow supporters.

Btw, what questions wouldn't you expect a fan to ask?  ;) Just want to know what type of an athlete he is.

imtommygunn

I suppose it's a different sport so we, well I anyway, have different expectations...

I usually draw the line at - what position do they play and are they any good but then maybe you have more attention to detail than me!

It would strike me though that his athleticism rather than "brute force and ignorance" would be his forte. I would guess he'd be one of those defenders who charge out with the ball.

J.J

Yeah, speed, height and mobility seem to be growing facets of AFL sportsman. We tend to talk about it a bit more as the sport itself is evolving.

But once again thanks to all who helped. It is very much appreciated.