Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leenie

evening from day one in the likes of what's eating gilbert grape and this boys life...

we'll forgive him for titanic...

also i think matt damon is very good in the talented Mr Ripley... he oozes creepiness and obsessiveness but in a subtle way...
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

Leonardo is a pain in the hole. Never liked him in anything. Sickens me.
Testing Accessibility

Celt_Man

Quote from: ziggysego on March 15, 2010, 09:25:53 PM
Couldn't abide him for a spell a while back but that was all Titantic's fault... But credit where it's due... it has been in some cracking movies in the last couple of years turning in some serious performances
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 15, 2010, 09:29:26 PM
Couldn't abide him for a spell a while back but that was all Titantic's fault... But credit where it's due... it has been in some cracking movies in the last couple of years turning in some serious performances
Same here and I blame the Titantic (and you know I watched it recently and it was enjoyable - he's good in it - I think we were just sickened with the hype at the time)
Love catch me if you can and the aviator.  He's excellent in both - same with departed. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 15, 2010, 09:32:14 PM
Same here and I blame the Titantic (and you know I watched it recently and it was enjoyable - he's good in it - I think we were just sickened with the hype at the time)
Love catch me if you can and the aviator.  He's excellent in both - same with departed.

Exactly the reason I don't like him. Didn't like Catch Me If You Can either. I'll keep an eye out for Aviator and Departed and see if my opinion has changed.
Testing Accessibility

Celt_Man

Quote from: ziggysego on March 15, 2010, 09:33:45 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 15, 2010, 09:32:14 PM

Exactly the reason I don't like him. Didn't like Catch Me If You Can either. I'll keep an eye out for Aviator and Departed and see if my opinion has changed.

Didn't particularly enjoy Catch Me If You Can but thought he was good in it nonetheless.... he is excellent in Aviator and Departed especially and first class in Blood Diamond - one of my favourites from the last decade
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

leenie

do you know an actor who i think has gone down hill and into the "bland" category is ewan mcgregor.. i wonder what he is like in I love you phillip morris...

jim carrey does my head in... i don't find him funny at all..

with regards to leo its very hard to forget titanic but i was just thinking of some of his films and i think hes a powerful actor!

leenie

Kate Winslet and her husband Sam Mendes have separated after nearly seven years of marriage.

The split, announced by their legal representatives, was said to be "entirely amicable".

AbbeySider

I really like Di Caprio, however his biggest critics would say he always plays a character on the edge, which makes him one dimensional.

I dont know do I agree, as I really enjoy everything he is in. Bar perhaps (off the top of my head) Body of Lies.

Ans yes, I liked Titanic and still do.
Its a guilty pleasure I guess  :D  :-[

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AbbeySider on March 15, 2010, 10:21:39 PM
I really like Di Caprio, however his biggest critics would say he always plays a character on the edge, which makes him one dimensional.

I dont know do I agree, as I really enjoy everything he is in. Bar perhaps (off the top of my head) Body of Lies.

History may show that Titanic has cast a long shadow across his career. I think he'd have won at least a supporting actor gong by now if he hadn't done Titanic. The fact that he is a "pretty boy" probably counts against him.

Capt Pat

Di Caprio has made some of the best Hollywood movies in the past 10 years, Blood Diamonds, the Aviator, Catch me if you can, Body of Lies, Shutter Island, The Beach, Gangs of New York, The departed, Revelutionary Road(didn't watch that gem). Titanic is not included on that list. He only made 10 movies in the last 10 years the other one being Dons Plum???????

EagleLord

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 16, 2010, 12:39:27 AM
The Beach, Gangs of New York,

2 of my favourite films ever. Thought he was class in both, and titanic too i suppose ::)

Canalman

Saw 2001 A Space Odyssey on dvd today for the first time . A very odd film.

Puckoon

I think that is one of his best.

Theres something about him that bothers me no doubt, but I enjoy his movies greatly.

Who can forget that back window slap he makes Kate Winslet make in the titanic.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Puckoon on March 17, 2010, 08:14:19 PM

I think that is one of his best.

Theres something about him that bothers me no doubt, but I enjoy his movies greatly.

Who can forget that back window slap he makes Kate Winslet make in the titanic.
Kate is now free to reprise that scene if you want to give her a call.