The official Derry are going to beat Donegal thread

Started by marty88, October 15, 2007, 02:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty88

Well, cant wait for this game. I was unable to get to the game were donegal beat us last time out, so really looking forward to this game!!
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

whiskeysteve

Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

orangeman

J70

Hopefully Karl Lacey will do better in his scoring duel with Paddy Bradley this time - he lost 3 points to 2 the last day. ;D

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

J70

marty88

Seriously tho, why the hell is the draw made so bloody early, cant wait for this game now, love playing tyrone, dublin and donegal!!!
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

tbrick18

To be honest....this is the one game I would really be afraid off. McIver knows Derry inside and out and if he can get the Donegal lads in the right frame of mind they could destroy us.
I would rather have played Tyrone/Armagh/Monaghan. Donegal just seem to be our bogey team in recent times.

Bogball XV

Donegal will win, McIver knows the Derry players too well, why don't we take the takings from next sunday's replay and give them to McIver to cross over to us?  Himself and McCloskey would be a formidable team.
When was the last time we beat Donegal? 1998 I reckon?  We have an awful record against them though.

DMarsden

Derry lads, Just out of interest... what are you hoping John McCloskey will add to the derry set up?

whiskeysteve

Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

loughshore lad

Quote from: Bogball XV on October 16, 2007, 12:02:58 PM
Donegal will win, McIver knows the Derry players too well, why don't we take the takings from next sunday's replay and give them to McIver to cross over to us?  Himself and McCloskey would be a formidable team.
When was the last time we beat Donegal? 1998 I reckon?  We have an awful record against them though.

Do you Derry folk never give up?? There is no chance of McIver taking Derry - just get over it. Besides Crozier turned things around last season you would think the fans would get behind him for the coming season.

Bogball XV

Quote from: loughshore lad on October 16, 2007, 12:27:30 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on October 16, 2007, 12:02:58 PM

Do you Derry folk never give up?? There is no chance of McIver taking Derry - just get over it. Besides Crozier turned things around last season you would think the fans would get behind him for the coming season.
The general feeling (rightly or wrongly) is that Crozier got lucky, maybe we are doing him a disservice, but imo he has a lot to prove yet.

whiskeysteve

Agreed, after the Monaghan balls-up he made a couple of key positional switches, got the ball played in quick, and the talent in the squad done the rest.

With a top drawer manager we could go all the way

lynchbhoy

Quote from: loughshore lad on October 16, 2007, 12:27:30 PM

its usually me bleating on wistfully about McIver
however as you are completely incorrect regarding Crozier
I hope you are wrong about mr Mc Iver and the possibility regarding him ever managing the Real Rebel county ! ;)