Carton gets suspended

Started by Craigyhill Terror, August 31, 2007, 02:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Was hard to beleive when I saw Carton start the row in the 2nd half against Galway, you would have thought he'd have learned his lesson after the Paul Curran incident and try to keep out of trouble, must be a real "bin lid".

Game went to plan with the Dublin full back line totally failing to hold the Galway full back line, as I said last week if Dublin conceded three goals to Derry they were always going to be under pressure to hold back the tide against a very talented Galway forward line.

Cork will take some solace from this result knowing that they ran Galway to extra time and indeed probably should have beaten them in the first 60 minutes - perhaps those writing off Cork and indeed Munster hurling have done so too early, I'd say Tipp will also feel they perhaps left an U21 behind them after leaving the game V Cork in the Pairc behind them that night. Doesn't say much for the standard of the Leinster U21 championship this year when their champions can be beaten so easily in an All Ireland final. Genuinely thought Dublin would put up a better show but their full back line was caught napping on numerous occasions and they seemed to get pushed off the ball very easily for a couple fo golas even though the two corner forwards Wade and Flannagan are hardly "giants".

Looks a really good Galway team and seemed to have kept their momentum from their minor teams so that is positive for Galway hurling and indeed hurling in general as we need Galway challenging at the top table on a regular basis again. Interesting to hear Mullins say he thinks that Canning should wait another year before going Senior, don't see that happening - I'd say with Canning on board Galway would fancy their chances against anyone next year and that includes the Cats.

INDIANA

you obviously didn't see canning's pull in the first half- he got what he deserved in the row in my view. juat goes to show what some players can get away with

Gnevin

Quote from: orangeman on September 09, 2007, 11:54:44 PM
How did he manage to get reinstated - I thought the GAA were going to go to town on this one ?
I GAA couldn't go to town on a f**king bus
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

GY Joe

Quote from: INDIANA on September 10, 2007, 12:00:53 PM
you obviously didn't see canning's pull in the first half- he got what he deserved in the row in my view. juat goes to show what some players can get away with

You maybe just saw the retaliation Indiana. Ill give you the benefit. Joe is no saint, but the fella he poked was after pulling straight across his shins. Nowhere near the ball. Deservedly got a dig. He came in for a bit of timber. He'll have to get used to it but he dont have to take it...!
Now as for the acting, well, he should sort that crap out..

the ship

Quote from: INDIANA on September 10, 2007, 12:00:53 PM

you mean just like carton who got away with breaking a mans jaw and teeth and his reward let play in an all ireland final

INDIANA

will you ever get over it. Nobody here defended Carton from Dublin we all said he shouldn't have played - but the bottom line is this the DCB's attempt to get him cleared was similar to every other county board in keeping with the general appeal everything attitude within the politics of the GAA.. Trying to use that to justify dublin 's defeat does a dis-service to the rest of the panel who trained their arse off all year just to be beaten by a far better team. They aren't deserving to be assassinated by the liikes of you -because of the crass and dangerous actions of one player
you really are a sanctimonius git. you would be far better served going around the local hostelries in Tipperary picking up your minor stars who invariably find themselves perched on the end of a bar stool still claiming free gargle from an all-ireand minor win from years previously talking about themselves being could have been's- should have been wannabe senio rinter county hurlers.

the ship

not sanctimonious at all just pointing out to you that some people can get away with anything as you alluded to yourself. again I'm not allowed assassinate any Dublin lads which by the way i did not, but you then turn around and do the same to the tipp minor team, your antiphtay towards tipp is coming to a crisis after that tirade maybe its time you got some help      

FTJC

INDIANA

maybe its time you got some help   

coming from a hypcrite like you stating that the other 29 lads deserved to lose before a ball was pucked for the actions of one player really is the pot calling the kettle black. There is only person who needs help here mate and it ain't me. It's incredible how petty some people are.

the ship

you definitely are losing the run of yourself, i would never wish that anyone would lose a game but in fairness to the dubs yesterday they were well able to do that by themselves without any help from anybody else,

by the way how do you reckon I'm a hypocrite, is it because im from tipp

ormondeboy

Quote from: INDIANA on September 10, 2007, 01:09:31 PM
will you ever get over it. Nobody here defended Carton from Dublin we all said he shouldn't have played - but the bottom line is this the DCB's attempt to get him cleared was similar to every other county board in keeping with the general appeal everything attitude within the politics of the GAA.. Trying to use that to justify dublin 's defeat does a dis-service to the rest of the panel who trained their arse off all year just to be beaten by a far better team. They aren't deserving to be assassinated by the liikes of you -because of the crass and dangerous actions of one player
you really are a sanctimonius git. you would be far better served going around the local hostelries in Tipperary picking up your minor stars who invariably find themselves perched on the end of a bar stool still claiming free gargle from an all-ireand minor win from years previously talking about themselves being could have been's- should have been wannabe senio rinter county hurlers.

Not every county appeals. John Mullane took his punishment for a much less vicious stroke a few years ago. No appeal. No mollifications. Brain O'Meara did not go to the high court in 2001. The Tipp County Board did not appeal Eamonn Corcorans ridiculous suspension in a League game against Galway a few years ago (and this in a case where they should have, but that the Tipp County Board for ya). I believe a Meath corner forward (Farrell?) did not appeall a recent suspenion either. Therefore you are factually wrong.

As for Tipp minors drinking their careers away after All-Ireland success. You've been beating this drum for a while. Maybe you could give us a few instances? Bearing in mind up to last year we had won 1 minor All-Ireland in 25 years. Do inform us. And then explain how if this is the case how this is any different from any other county.

The player attrition rate in Tipp has nothing to do with successful minor teams drinking the sh!te out of it. Me thinks you know nothing about Tipp hurling. Best remain silent here rather than open the gob.

INDIANA

with all due respect i have several relations who are life-long tipp fans and they will tell you exactly what the problems are as you quite obviously don't know.
As with the cases you mention- the brian o meara is a non-entity because you are talking about a court of law- after you had exhausted all other angles so that excludes that one. Corocran's suspension in a mickey mouse league game versus an all-ireland final -hardly a legitimate comparison - so that excludes that one as well. I could regal you with the many tales of dublin players being sent off in league games in the wrong but (shock horror) we didn't appeal them either Einstein.
Brian Farrell and John Mullane are the only two cases of high profile players accepting their lot. Dublin were a county who hadn't been in an all-ireland final at hurling for 35 years. In the culture of appeals dublin were obviously going to appeal not that any of us who witnessed the blow agreed with it.But to pillory 29 other players for the actions of one is wrong in my view and petty to boot.
So come back to me with an argument if you have one.

the ship

Quote from: INDIANA on September 10, 2007, 07:33:40 PM
with all due respect i have several relations who are life-long tipp fans and they will tell you exactly what the problems are as you quite obviously don't know.

so your getting secondhand info from your relations and judging by your abhorrence of  all things tipp it must make for great family reunions.

what do you mean lifelong tipp fans sure you have no choice in tipp its just something your born to, through good times and bad.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: INDIANA on September 10, 2007, 07:33:40 PM
..... John Mullane are the only two cases of high profile players accepting their lot.

There were extenuating circumstances behind the reasoning why Waterford didn't appeal the John Mullane case that time. So that can't be used as an example.

the ship