CORK V KERRY MUNSTER ALL IRELAND SENIOR FINAL

Started by never kickt a ball, August 20, 2007, 02:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many Board Posters were actually at the All Ireland Final?

Yes
34 (40.5%)
No
50 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 84

never kickt a ball

Well well well an All Munster All Ireland final. Who would have thought it? Has to be Cork. No doubt about it!!!

parttimeexile

Good job your not on the wind up!I don't think any dubs will respond to this.They wouldn't fall for this, would they? ;)

Hound

Would losing an All Ireland final to Cork be the worst imagineable scenario for a Kerryman? Might even put '82 in the shade...

I think Kerry would be better off letting Dublin have their day next Sunday, rather than risking such a catastrophe  ;D

his holiness nb

Kerry to beat Dublin then Cork.
We dont have a chance
Ask me holy bollix

blanketattack

Quote from: Hound on August 20, 2007, 08:12:13 AM
Would losing an All Ireland final to Cork be the worst imagineable scenario for a Kerryman? Might even put '82 in the shade...

I think Kerry would be better off letting Dublin have their day next Sunday, rather than risking such a catastrophe  ;D

'82 wasn't a terrible scenario. You know what the great consolation is when you miss out on 5-in-a-row? The 4-in-a-row you've got before it. I'm sure most footballers would be happy enough with 4 All-Ireland in 5 years. Also that defeat inspired the team onto 3 further All-Irelands.
Offaly on the other hand haven't been in an All-Ireland final since.

Hound

Quote from: blanketattack on August 20, 2007, 03:12:25 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 20, 2007, 08:12:13 AM

'82 wasn't a terrible scenario. You know what the great consolation is when you miss out on 5-in-a-row? The 4-in-a-row you've got before it. I'm sure most footballers would be happy enough with 4 All-Ireland in 5 years. Also that defeat inspired the team onto 3 further All-Irelands.
Offaly on the other hand haven't been in an All-Ireland final since.
I would certainly think so. If Dublin win the All Ireland this year I wouldnt care if Meath beat us by 20 points next year!

But I have heard from so many Kerry people that not doing the 5 in a row, especially in those circumstances, was an absolute killer.

However I'd imagine losing an All Ireland final to Cork would bring the depths of depair to any Kerry supporter!

Kerry Mike

QuoteHowever I'd imagine losing an All Ireland final to Cork would bring the depths of depair to any Kerry supporter!

Losing to Dublin on Sunday would be more painful, we will worry about Cork if we get there.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

magickingdom

i haven't slept since sunday, i hate meath. i'd rather lose to dublin on sunday then cork in the ai. if cork beat us (and i think they wil) under billy (i am a f*#*#*) morgan it will be a nightmare..

Fear ón Srath Bán

Noel O'Leary cleared to play, Brian Crowe has confirmed that he's happy with the action taken at the time, as I thought he would be  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Frank Casey

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 22, 2007, 09:17:04 AM
Noel O'Leary cleared to play, Brian Crowe has confirmed that he's happy with the action taken at the time, as I thought he would be  ;)

Cork to finish the final with 14 men then.
KERRY 3:7

neutral

No offence to the 3 teams left but i find it difficult to get excited about any of them. 

his holiness nb

Quote from: neutral on August 22, 2007, 09:47:27 AM
No offence to the 3 teams left but i find it difficult to get excited about any of them. 

In fairness who is better currently?

Tyrone and Armagh would in previous years have been regarded as serious contenders but not anymore.
Ask me holy bollix

Hound

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 22, 2007, 09:17:04 AM
Wow, I'm surprised.

I suppose its consistent with the ruling on Geraghty's punch v Dublin, tho I thought O'Leary's was slightly worse, given it was totally off the ball, rather than a late hit. Although I still thought both were red card offences.

Maybe we're following the maiming principal - as long as you don't draw blood or break bone, a punch is a yellow.
Or maybe its boxing rules. A jab is a yellow, but a good hook or uppercut is red.

Fear ón Srath Bán

To be fair to Meath, they didn't make a song and dance of it, so there was no real pressure on Crowe not to leave as is. The recriminations would have flown had he acted otherwise, and the spectacle of the final itself may have suffered as a consequence (without O'Leary).

That's not to condone his punch though; and I repeat that I believe he had taken a belt before that incident, which was missed by all and sundry.  Case firmly closed now.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

Crowe did the sensible thing - the game is over and it should be over when it's over !