UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2020, 09:18:02 AM
The coverage by RTE on the div 2 hurling final between Kerry and Antrim on Sunday night was the worst example of elitism I've ever seen by RTE, there can be no excuses given has to why the poorest of coverage was given to this game considering it was recorded..

If this had have been a div 2 football final and got the same amount of coverage (I doubt that would have happened ) there would have been a lot of complaints

All they're good for

Expect another documentary about ROG and the lads in time for Xmas

johnnycool

Quote from: tiempo on October 21, 2020, 12:22:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2020, 09:18:02 AM
The coverage by RTE on the div 2 hurling final between Kerry and Antrim on Sunday night was the worst example of elitism I've ever seen by RTE, there can be no excuses given has to why the poorest of coverage was given to this game considering it was recorded..

If this had have been a div 2 football final and got the same amount of coverage (I doubt that would have happened ) there would have been a lot of complaints

All they're good for

Expect another documentary about ROG and the lads in time for Xmas

Why should RTE give a flying f**k for the lower echelons of the NHL when Croke Park don't either.

Darren Gleeson is finding out a first hand what it's like down there and not able to watch his team on TV on a Sunday evening.

As they say in camogie and ladies football, if you can't see you can't be.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

TheGreatest

screenexile

Ah jaysis where are we gonna get our Joe Brolly fix now??

johnnycool

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on April 15, 2021, 03:49:23 PM
BBC Radio Ulster (and Radio Foyle) are shutting down their Medium Wave transmitters within the next few weeks...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/articles/2021/next-phase-of-changes-to-some-local-bbc-radio-medium-wave-services

...considering that their GAA coverage has been limited to Medium Wave for many years now, it'll be interesting how they handle its coverage in the future - I dread to think that it might be online only.  :-\

DAB?

armaghniac

Is there any plan for TV coverage? NOW TV have a 3 month deal if you sign up before Monday. I expect there will be some games on Sky as usual?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on April 23, 2021, 07:03:13 PM
Radio Foyle (792 kHz) and BBC Radio Ulster (1341 & 873 kHz) confirmed shutting down on MW on 6th May.

What will that mean for live commentary of GAA matches?

Cavan19

Quote from: armaghniac on April 23, 2021, 04:38:30 PM
Is there any plan for TV coverage? NOW TV have a 3 month deal if you sign up before Monday. I expect there will be some games on Sky as usual?

Not league games.

Lotto

The Championship is supposed to be on BBC2 now but all I am getting is Tennis. Am I the only one?

Rois

Quote from: Lotto on July 10, 2021, 08:54:04 PM
The Championship is supposed to be on BBC2 now but all I am getting is Tennis. Am I the only one?
Same here

red hander

They flashed up earlier that Championship will follow when match finishes, which looks at this stage will be a while yet. Probably shit scared of all those complaints from tennis loving loyalists.

Gael85

Quote from: Lotto on July 10, 2021, 08:54:04 PM

It on BBC 2 now

BennyCake

Will the Derry Donegal match be delayed today, if the All Vicars Over 75 Mixed Doubles Tennis final goes to a fifth set?

lenny

Sean Cavanagh having a laugh on TSG. He's confident that Fergal Logan will come up with some legal wizardry to get Ronan mcnamee off for clearly striking. You couldn't make it up but it seems like Tyrone have some kind of entitlement when it comes to these suspensions.