Derry v Dublin All Ireland Quarter Final

Started by SuperHans, July 29, 2007, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Surely the 70s was the decade of Kerry!  Typical Dublin hype.  ;)

Drumanee 1

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 10, 2007, 11:07:43 AM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 10, 2007, 10:02:54 AM
Any team dublin beats are a poor team and if we win the AI it will be a poor AI too  ::)

There was a great banner on the Hill during the 70s (the Decade of the Dubs). It read:

Flash in the pan?
Here we come again

:D

we are blue,we are white,we are as high as a f**king kite na na na na na na

Bogball XV

Quote from: Gnevin on August 10, 2007, 10:02:54 AMAny team dublin beats are a poor team and if we win the AI it will be a poor AI too  ::)
Ah, the poor Dubs, nobody loves them..
I reckon whoever wins tomorrow has a reasonable chance of making the final, if the Dubs come through it, I'd fancy them to take Meath in the final.
On another note,saw my first 2 Derry shirts coming down O'Connell St this morning - getting as bad as the Jocks at the rugby for coming a few days early!!

orangeman

Dublin would beat Meath in AI final - Dulin just seem to have the upperhand on them at the minute.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

southdown

Im going for Derry by 3 points.

Dublin will come flying out of the blocks in the first half, but Derry to exert more and more dominance over the game.

Cant wait, this is the biggest game of the year so far, lets hope its a classic.

Gnevin

Quote from: southdown on August 10, 2007, 11:31:41 AM
Im going for Derry by 3 points.

Dublin will come flying out of the blocks in the first half, but Derry to exert more and more dominance over the game.

Cant wait, this is the biggest game of the year so far, lets hope its a classic.
Lets hope to god it isn't , every time Dublin are involved in a classic they poxy lose
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

tayto

all the ulster boys sticking together, how unusual.  :P

Remember lads yer supposed to say what you think will happen, not what you'd like to happen!  ;)

Hope Dublin dont start like mad men, a close first half with Dublin really kicking into gear later in the game will do me, as has been the pattern v meath and laois. Think we'll win if we can play for the 70 minutes but Dublin being Dublin we can lose any game, even if we have it won, so hope to be jaysus the lads dont follow the usual pattern when we finally meet a good team. Derry are on form and with their two main dange men on form are more then capable of beating anyone. Hope for a boring Dublin win but think it could well be a tight affair.

Northside Dub

I fancy Dublin by 4: 2-13 v 1-12 with vaughan hittin 1-5 :)
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."

lynchbhoy

Quote from: tayto on August 10, 2007, 11:56:46 AM
am laughing at the thoughts of hardy being labelled as an ulsterman !

I doubt if it will be a draw. If so Derry wont win the replay.

AidyMac

Fancy Derry by 1, McGoldrick ala Johnny McGurk 1993

Derry 1:15 - Dublin 0:17

Hardy

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 10, 2007, 12:06:11 PM
Quote from: tayto on August 10, 2007, 11:56:46 AM
am laughing at the thoughts of hardy being labelled as an ulsterman !

I doubt if it will be a draw. If so Derry wont win the replay.

You got there before me lynchbhoy. Tayto - withdraw that scurrilous slur.

Will Hunting

I think Derry are unlikely to win in a highscoring game. If it turns into a direct shootout (a bit like it did against Laois for both teams), then Dublin's pace and attacking potency will be too much for Derry. Derry's best chance of victory is by trying to stifle the Dublin attack, close down space and turn the game into a dour contest. Then, Derry's forwards will hope to get just enough scores on the board to win the game (with maybe a goal deciding it). However, I feel it will be difficult for Derry to employ these tactics tomorrow. Dublin's midfield sector is strong, and the wide expanses of Croke Park suits their attacking running game. These factors will make it difficult for Derry to close Dublin out. Derry need a lot more to go right for them than Dublin do, and without sounding too negative as a Derry fan before the big game, I reckon Dublin will win this by 4 or 5 points.

DUBSFORSAM1

I would nearly agree with Will Hunting in his summary....

Ideal for Dublin would be for Derry to get a good start and play really well for the full 70 and Dublin to win it by a point or 2 at the death...would like to see B Brogan, A Brogan, Sherlock and maybe Quinn kicking a couple of points each to give them confidence and remove the pressure from Vaughan/Keaney...

Derry's chances of making it a dour struggle could depend on the ref...if he decides to tick/card for fouls that will reduce their chances of turning it into a repeat of the Tyrone game from last year...

The Hill is Blue

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8