Derry v Dublin All Ireland Quarter Final

Started by SuperHans, July 29, 2007, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: tayto on August 14, 2007, 11:37:16 AM

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 14, 2007, 11:32:41 AM

With regard to McConnell as I said at the start of the year he was being picked for one game in particular and that game is the next one against Kerry.

Yea, i'd tend to agree with you there

::)

Now lads don't get all defensive when somebody suggests that you're living up to your stereotyping here, just a smidgin. But no - surely it's only the media that talk Dublin into the final stages of the Championship.

You couldn't make it up (for once that cliche is justified).

Hound

Dublin were odds-on to make it to the semis at the start of the championship. Nobody can be surprised. It would have been a disaster not to make it.

Its from here on in that there are major doubts

screenexile

QuoteScreenexile, decisions went against both sides, your starting to look like a bad loser with posts like that.

It probably did come across like that... the facts are that too many of our players played poorly and Dublin completely deserved their victory. The supporter in me wants to contest every single thing that could have swung the game in our favour but even with that I still think Dublin were just that little bit too strong. What also pisses me off is that people are going to say this was a relatively easy game for the DUbs which was certainly not the case and I firmly believe that had Paul Murphy not had to go off we would not have gotten steamrollered in the first 15 mins of the 2nd half like we did.

All in all I think we'll learn from this defeat though and IMHO we can bounce back and become genuine All Ireland contenders next year. Good luck to Dublin anyway although personally I would like to see Meath winning the AI.

his holiness nb

Quote from: screenexile on August 14, 2007, 12:00:48 PM
What also pisses me off is that people are going to say this was a relatively easy game for the DUbs which was certainly not the case

In fairness any Dub who was at the game will confirm this was NOT an easy game.
I'd expect to see you at the same stage or further next year given what I've seen this year.
Ask me holy bollix

Hound

The way Derry, Monaghan and Meath have played this year will have woken up a helluva lot of counties to the fact they're not that far away from having a team capable of winning an All Ireland.

orangeman

From what I saw on Saturday, Derry don't have the all round quality to win the AI at the minute - another couple of quality players will change that of course. They're not very far away.

Fíor Gael

Fergal Doherty was immense for Derry again on Saturday. His ability to win ball with men hanging off him is unreal. Don't think he gets enough credit by the media, certainly not enough from that pair of stupid ball licking c***ts that were comentating on saturady.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Fíor Gael on August 14, 2007, 05:43:32 PM
Fergal Doherty was immense for Derry again on Saturday. His ability to win ball with men hanging off him is unreal. Don't think he gets enough credit by the media, certainly not enough from that pair of stupid ball licking c***ts that were comentating on saturady.

Spot on, the man was outstanding on Saturday.
Ask me holy bollix

jodyb

Quote from: never kickt a ball on August 14, 2007, 01:21:27 AM
Good man Jody this use of where instead of were is wearing thin. We're all very concerned about it on this board.

Glad to be of assistance never kickt a ball ;)

Anyway, on the game. Too gutted to say much before now. It's hard to stay objective, but the stats, i think speak for themselves.

1st half Dublin Frees 12 (4 in the scoring zone, 1 soft (imho)) Ball moved fwd for dissent 1 (13m line)
           Derry Frees  5 (1 in the scoring zone)

2nd half Dublin Frees 12 (4 in the scoring zone, 2 soft (imho)) Ball moved fwd for dissent 1 (13m line)
            Derry Frees 13 (3 in the scoring zone, 2 soft (imho)) Ball moved fwd for dissent 1 (45 m line) a later one should have been moved for wilkinsons free but wasn't
Plus a 45 that was never a 45, plus the ridiculous decision on the 'double' bounce, plus the ref calling back the play to book Moran when Diver was on a run etc etc etc.

Anyway, I hope Dublin Stuff Kerry.

Sandy Hill

QuoteAnyway, I hope Dublin Stuff Kerry.........................

............................. and Meath stuff Dublin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Stercus accidit"

jodyb

Quote from: Sandy Hill on August 14, 2007, 09:36:57 PM
QuoteAnyway, I hope Dublin Stuff Kerry.........................

............................. and Meath stuff Dublin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needa get by Cork first.......................................

Sandy Hill

"Stercus accidit"

jodyb