1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Bomber2312

stephenite

Billy Joe gone off for O'Neill Bomber

slow corner back

1-09 to 1-06 for derry. Ciaran McDpnald on for mayo

Bomber2312

McDonald in, still down by three......10 mins to go! GArdiner for Cunniffe, injury! THanks Stephenite, my radio keeps cuttin out

slow corner back

1-12 to 1-6 30 mins gone in second half, looks all over

J70

1-12 to 1-6 :o

Fair fcuks to the Derry boys. I never expected this turn around in their fortunes over the past week.

joemamas

it is going to be a very long summer. shit

IolarCoisCuain

Game over and ball burst, as Finno just said on the radio. When you meet a better team there's not a lot you can do. Mayo have got a right scutching here, which stings, but what you can do?

Hats off to the Derry boys, the defence keep the leash tight in the first half and then their forwards showed the true difference between the teams. 2-13 to 1-06. Best of luck to them in the rest of the summer, I hope they all enjoy their pints in Derry tonight.

Tankie

Did not see this result coming but fair play to the Derry lads, they got some abuse from the media over the last few weeks.
Grand Slam Saturday!

stephenite

All the very best to Derry for the rest of the championship, from listening to it we were just beaten by a better team.

Hound

Jaysus, some baiting. Would never have guessed Derry would be any good. Or were Mayo just shíte?

The Real Laoislad

Joe Brolly will have some smug face on him tomorrow
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 09, 2007, 04:11:38 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 09, 2007, 03:53:01 PM
Having watched Mayo beat Cavan on Saturday I don't think Derry will have too much trouble here. As long as Derry break even around the middle they will win. Mayo FB line is poor and they will struggle with high ball into Muldoon and any ball into Bradley. I expect Lockhart to pocket mortimor. A confident Derry team is nearly impossible to beat in Celtic park.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now that is confidence.
Il remind you of that quote next Monday morning.
Do you honestly think the Mayo full back line wont be changed around?

Your innocence is unbelievable!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

So abbeysider, what was it you were going to remind me off??????

;D ;D ;D

the Deel Rover

well played derry best team by a mile one? However since Jom took over two of the worse championship displays that i have seen .If it were John Maughan or Micky Moran they would be lynched, Why did we not play a settled team during the League? He made 7 changes from the 1st championship game to the 2nd and 3 more today smacks of desperation not that of an astute manager.Both captain and vice captain dropped would any other county have done this.He has plenty of time fot the politics now  >:( >:( >:(
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

armaghniac

Well done Derry, good to see that they have pushed on after beating Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B