Marty Clarke to make debut

Started by zoyler, June 22, 2007, 10:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Quote from: INDIANA on March 10, 2008, 11:51:39 AM
500k a year

is that what he's earning?? didnt think new recruits were on that kind of money in AFL. thought it was closer to AUS$20,000 per anum
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ziggysego

Quote from: thejuice on March 10, 2008, 12:26:07 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 10, 2008, 11:51:39 AM
500k a year

is that what he's earning?? didnt think new recruits were on that kind of money in AFL. thought it was closer to AUS$20,000 per anum

Normally aren't, but he's something of a sensation in the AFL.
Testing Accessibility

High Catch

No way is he earning 500k STG  a year.

Jinxy

Only the top players would be on $500,000 (aussie dollars). Divide that by at least 10 and you'd be closer to what Clarke is on.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

INDIANA

i'm talking potential - he's probably on 50-60k at the minute by the next contract it wsill be 200-250k provided he doesn't get injured- you'd be surprised our big this guy is over there. Then again Kennelly is a bloody superstar over there- can't go for a coffee without getting pictures taken of him.

orangeman

How much is Kennelly on over there at the minute ?

INDIANA

i've heard between endorsements and everything- he's not far off 750k to 1m per annum.

Aaron Boone

Rates at the minute for Aussie Dollar :

1 AUD = 0.60 EUR, 0.46 Sterling, 0.92 USD

www.oanda.com

orangeman

€ 600 k per annum - he must have been a real superstar !!!!!!!!

rrhf

I have heard that Clarke may well return, where that the case, would he go back to Down or come to live in beautiful Tyrone. 

full forward

BBC Programme on Clarke is being shown again this Thursday

Tyrone Dreamer

The fact he went close to criticsing the increased aussie recruitment in Ireland suggests to me that he may well be genuine in talking about coming home. If it was all about improving his contract I dont think he'd have mentioned it. Having said that, provided he continues to improve I cant see him turning down a huge payrise to return home in 2 years even though he probably means what he's saying. Id be confident somebody in Down could get him sorted out with a job if he decided to return home!

orangeman

The fact he went close to criticsing the increased aussie recruitment in Ireland suggests to me that he may well be genuine in talking about coming home

I'd agree with that and maybe the grass isn't as green on the other side.

imtommygunn

He never mentioned timeframes though.

Sure Tadhg Kennelly has also talked about coming home - I think he wants to do that at the latter stages of his career though when he would still be fit to play for Kerry.

western exile