Kerry v Throne AIQF - Saturday July 1st

Started by Ciarrai_thuaidh, June 26, 2023, 07:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2023, 12:37:42 PM
Could Tyrone field? That's all I'm asking. They put the ball back to crokes court and they made the call.

Kerry's prep isn't what I'm talking about. There are numerous incidents every year were a team is unable to field its best team. But games go on regardless
They said they didn't have 15 fit players, so no they couldn't field without bringing in from outside the panel.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 07, 2023, 01:59:35 PM
Could Tyrone field? That's all I'm asking. They put the ball back to crokes court and they made the call.

Kerry's prep isn't what I'm talking about. There are numerous incidents every year were a team is unable to field its best team. But games go on regardless
They said they didn't have 15 fit players, so no they couldn't field without bringing in from outside the panel.

So they had players to call on? That's all I'm saying, you've cleared that up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rrhf

Tyron pulled out. The GAA and Kerry got together to create the delay and leave them no excuseTyrone then had to play the game and the rest is history.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2023, 02:02:06 PM

It's like talking to a 4 year old.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 07, 2023, 02:22:28 PM

Ah, so you disagree with someone and then run them down. And I'm the 4 year old!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2023, 02:31:12 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 07, 2023, 02:22:28 PM

Ah, so you disagree with someone and then run them down. And I'm the 4 year old!

I should d have learned by now Tbf.

rrhf

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 07, 2023, 12:00:30 PM
Not to mention the extra week didn't weaken the Kerry team. Tyrone were just better on the day in 21. Would Kerry have gotten any satisfaction in a walk over given the circumstances. I doubt it. I think most Kerry people I spoke to were of the same view. Apart from a couple in the media, I don't think many had any qualms about it.
Don't know, I felt they believed they were going to walk over Tyrone.  On hindsight they would have been happy with Mayo in the final.
So many Kerry supporters deep down were actually glad it happened because O Connor left Kildare to return to Kerry and the rest is history.  They might not admit it though because it still suits to dismiss a sensational All Ireland win as a Covid win.  They are only having the craic though and got a nice bit of revenge last Saturday.  They may lose Paddy Tally in the long run though...

ONeill

I don't understand the Kerry mentality here. How does playing a game 7 days later weaken your chances of playing your best game?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: ONeill on July 07, 2023, 11:25:24 PM
I don't understand the Kerry mentality here. How does playing a game 7 days later weaken your chances of playing your best game?

Unfortunately the mentality among some Kerry GAA people is that prominent defeats have to be demeaned in some way or other. Easy enough to pull up plenty examples involving just Tyrone. Spillane's puke football jibe in 2003 which was seized upon, the county chairman the following year with the nauseating comments about Kerry saving football, the narrative pushed by some throughout that decade that it was a system or fitness that saw Tyrone win and that Kerry were the better footballers. And Covid in 2021, surely the strangest one yet given an extra week shouldn't have affected Kerry and Tyrone were still weakened. Kerry bounced back to win All Irelands on these occasions but that wasn't enough for some, they still had to try and talk down and cheapen the defeats suffered previously. Not a good look. But still a better one than using a global pandemic in which millions died for the cheapest of laughs.

There were Kerry folk in this era who stood above this - I remember Ger O'Keefe for example speaking with such class in 2005. Others in the county would do well to follow his example.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on July 08, 2023, 09:43:03 AM

Unfortunately the mentality among some Kerry GAA people is that prominent defeats have to be demeaned in some way or other. Easy enough to pull up plenty examples involving just Tyrone. Spillane's puke football jibe in 2003 which was seized upon, the county chairman the following year with the nauseating comments about Kerry saving football, the narrative pushed by some throughout that decade that it was a system or fitness that saw Tyrone win and that Kerry were the better footballers. And Covid in 2021, surely the strangest one yet given an extra week shouldn't have affected Kerry and Tyrone were still weakened. Kerry bounced back to win All Irelands on these occasions but that wasn't enough for some, they still had to try and talk down and cheapen the defeats suffered previously. Not a good look. But still a better one than using a global pandemic in which millions died for the cheapest of laughs.

There were Kerry folk in this era who stood above this - I remember Ger O'Keefe for example speaking with such class in 2005. Others in the county would do well to follow his example.

+1
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Derryman forever

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 08, 2023, 11:37:51 AM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on July 08, 2023, 09:43:03 AM

+1

+2.

But the attempts  to demean Tyrone success and Ulster football were not , are not confined to Kerry .

Wildweasel74

You lads complaining about a game 2yrs ago to overlook getting beat out of the field last week.

Rossfan

The bags of spuds are firmly back on the shoulders alright ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 08, 2023, 01:15:10 PM
You lads complaining about a game 2yrs ago to overlook getting beat out of the field last week.

Not overlooking anything, Kerry were excellent and deservedly hammered a listless Tyrone. Indeed, the margin of defeat flattered Tyrone - it could have been worse. But that wasn't the point being discussed in the last few posts  :)

An Watcher

Jesus christ this thread needs put to bed.  Fed up looking at it