Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Not a lot of debate about Panorama on here, possibly because United fans are burying their heads in the sand about this?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 10, 2010, 05:01:07 PM
Not a lot of debate about Panorama on here, possibly because United fans are burying their heads in the sand about this?

Maybe you missed the Green and Gold thing or the swelling of the membership of MUST since January. MUST is working closely with the Red Knights. So overall, United fans are doing something.

I think though it would be fair to say that most Irish United fans have their heads in the sand on this. The types that fill the south stand every week and clean the megawhorestore out of merchandise and go up to fanzine sellers asking if its the programme.....

stiffler

Utd should sign Rob Green this summer. solid as a rock
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

magpie seanie

Just got an email containing this post from the Red Issue forum. Explains what United supporters like myself see as "the United way" which supporters from other clubs have questioned and ridiculed here perviously. You don't have to agree with it but its something real for United supporters.

It seems season ticket renewals are causing big worries for the leprechaun and his idiot offspring. Perhaps the greatest gift United could get (new owners) is a strong possibility this summer. Seems the supposed "apathy" is as I mentioned above - limited to the clueless brand of United "fan".

On 22nd January 1994 I stood with everyone else as a lone piper piped the teams of United and Everton on to the pitch, in a tribute to the recently departed Sir Matt Busby.

Like thousands there, my eyes were full of tears, the emotion of the moment swallowing me up. Sir Matt was the grandfather I never knew. Not a blood relative of course, but someone who I had grown up with as a child. All I ever heard was Busby, United, Bestie, The Lawman. My dad told me how everyone cried when they heard about Munich. How Duncan Edwards was the greatest of all time, how Eddie Colman ("snake hips") would make defenders fall over with just a shuffle. How everybody "had heart attacks" when Busby transfer listed Denis Law for having the temerity to ask for a pay rise.

More importantly, though, how Busby always talked of "the right way" of doing things, the "right way" of playing football. How the team and the club never knew it was beaten.

This was the Manchester United I grew up to love. A team and a club that epitomised everything that was "the right way".

"The right way". That is what I want Manchester United to be.

Now we have a club that is so far removed from everything it ever used to be. Would Sir Matt have countenanced these parasites ? We will, of course, never know, but I'll happily believe that he would not.

I will always love Manchester "the right way" United. But these ********* disgust me.

I will not criticise anyone who does renew. I have seen all the arguments, and I know how hard it is for those who have never known life without United to not renew.

But my decision is made. My own conscience tells me that for the sake of "the right way," for the sake of those who gave their lives for this club, (and for the sake of their families) and for the great and the good who rebuilt the club, and for all of those whose names were childhood memories, for the late goals in 1999, for 5-1 away to Benfica, for 3-2 at Maine Road, for Eric, for whatever God made John Terry slip on his arse, for the memories of Stepney's penalties in the early 70's, for Gordon Hill's 2 goals against Derby, for 1977 vs the vermin, and for 40 years or so of personal memories that nothing else could have given me........

I WILL NOT RENEW. These ****** will not take a penny more from me until this club is "the right way" again.

I apologise if this is a little over dramatic. This decision has been really tough.

//ENDS

EC Unique

Thanks for posting that Seanie.

Got an Email from MUST today more or less saying the season ticket and corporate ticket sales are ''on the floor''... Good news.

Shrewdness

I also got that e-mail. Seems like only 18,000 out of 54,000 season ticket holders have so far renewed, with next Sunday being the supposed deadline. But of course there will be an extension to that.Traditionally, United fans leave it until the last minute to renew, but it's believed that by this time last year, 30,000 had renewed, so there is a definite drop there this summer.

I am one of the 36,000 who have NOT renewed so far, and nor will i. When you see that the b**tards have mortgages on all but one of those shopping malls, the thought of renewing at a cost of almost 1000 euros , and then picture your money leaving Old Trafford for the USA is enough to turn a man to drink.

Anytime i want to go to Old Trafford next season, i'll have no problem getting a ticket on a match by match basis. That's if i go at all.

Cash starvation is the only way to foil these f**kers.

Minder

So should we expect a half empty Old Trafford next season?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minder on June 11, 2010, 06:47:49 PM

The rest of the seats will be taken up by green and yellow scarfs
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Shrewdness

Quote from: Minder on June 11, 2010, 06:47:49 PM

It is definitely the way to go, but somehow i can't see it.

More word today that Vidic is set to leave United after the World Cup, with United allegedly lining up a replacement from Palermo.
Over the past few weeks, United are being linked with literally dozens of players. I wouldn't be surprised if United's (Glazers) PR Machine is behind some of these rumours in order to create the impression that United are in the market for new signings, whereas the reality is probably somewhat different.
Arsenal have Joe Cole in the bag, and he was available for nothing.

In case anyone wants to start planning for next season, i understand the new fixture list will be revealed next Thursday, June 17.

muppet

I'm not a United supporter so flame away if you feel like it.

But.......

This plan by the supporters seems to be to increase the financial pressure on the Glazers, presumably in the hope that they will be forced to sell the club. Fair enough. Except the method of increasing the financial pressure will seriously hurt the club. The figures being thrown around here might mean they can't afford players wages. The Glazers might not take the option the fans hope for, for example they might try to raise money by selling players. If this strategy forces the sale of say Rooney without a decent replacement how will the fans feel?

I don't doubt the sincerity of the fans and those posting here but has this been thought through?
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Muppet - it has been thought through. This end game has been 5 years in the making. There is simply no other option. Everything else has been tried. These people have to be got rid of and if it means United taking a few steps back and having several trophyless seasons so be it. Lack of success didn't kill United before and the club would rise again. No United supporter wants to do this but its the only thing the Glazers will listen to. The only thing they care about is money. The alternative is if the Glazers continue in charge the club could cease to exist some day soon.

Uladh

I'm sure the deficit in renewals at this stage has to be related in some way to the financial situation in the country. also, just an observation, but not buying your season ticket and then buying individual match tickets is stoopid games will be sold out every week. selling tickets on an individual game by game basis generates more money than season tickets.

magpie seanie

Uladh - as well as that it must be borne in mind that the Glazers have introduced a scheme whereby season ticket holders must purchase tickets for all home cup games (including league cup games against lower league oppostion with a virtual reserve team playing).

The PR spin coming out of Old Trafford next week will be funny. That said I agree with Boycey. After the extension the final renewa figures will not be very low but there will be a sizeable dent.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gallsman

Quote from: stiffler on June 10, 2010, 06:21:04 PM
Utd should sign Rob Green this summer. solid as a rock

Would love them to  ;)