Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

Quote from: muppet on March 12, 2010, 12:43:21 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on March 11, 2010, 10:39:57 PM
Quote from: new devil on March 11, 2010, 10:00:27 PM
                                             Schmeichel

G Neville                Vidic                    Rio                         Evra

Ronaldo              Keane                          Scholes               Giggs

King       Rooney

You would really put rio ferdinand in the top 2 (let alone 5) centre backs at old trafford in fergies time?

Paulo McGrath?
Jappppppp Stam??

Robson was a better centre half than Ferdinand and Pallister was a similar but better player.

I would have Irwin at left back!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SyStv47Shw Class player!!1
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

usa07

taibi

bardsley    mcsahne     may       berg

L miller  veron   djemba djemba   chadwick   

nevland     healy

Uladh

You just named A team that is made up or half by players who came thru the youth system...

ludermor

And there was a hell of a lot of worse defenders than David May!

Boycey

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 12, 2010, 12:24:16 AM
Quote from: ross4life on March 11, 2010, 11:57:06 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 11, 2010, 11:53:33 PM
QuoteThe 1990-91 season was particularly great for Steve Bruce, as he managed to net an incredible 13 League goals for United and 19 in all competitions. However, despite the rugged defender's and The Reds' great season they did lose out in the League Cup final to Sheffield Wednesday, courtesy of Manchester born, John Sheriden's long range strike.

I'm right but only just...

Fairly shocked by that statistic.

lol you got in before me  :D

speaking of kings what about Denis law

Legend... he relegated them  8)... he should have celebrated a bit more though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXpF2v0Kgvk

Eh no he didn't...

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: ludermor on March 12, 2010, 08:51:50 AM

David May SUPERSTAR got more medals than Shearer!

thebigfella

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on March 12, 2010, 09:30:01 AM
Quote from: ludermor on March 12, 2010, 08:51:50 AM

David May SUPERSTAR got more medals than Shearer!

For that reason alone he's deserves more recognition  :D

nrico2006

Hard to pick a best 11 for Fergie, especially with the forwards then have been there in his time.  Nearly impossible to leave RVN out based on his goal scoring record which is clearly the best out of them all, but Cantona, although not prolific, was more influential and important. 

New Devils team is hard to argue with, and I suppose it comes down to what criteria is being used to name the team.  What I mean is that if you were looking to play this team, you wouldn't have Vidic and Bruce in the same side but individually they would maybe merit inclusion.  In reality you would play a Vidic or Bruce with Rio, someone who offers that bit of composure on the ball and athleticism off it.  The keeper position is not up for debate, still by a mile the best keeper I have ever seen. Right back is Gary Neville's, with left back a toss up between Mr Dependable Dennis Irwin and the more attacking Evra.  Tough choice to be made here, especially when you factor in Irwin's goals.  In midfield, you have loads of top notch players who have played under Fergie.  Paul Ince was a good servant, and you also have Captain Marvel from the forgotten 80's with the like of Kanchelskis, Strachan and Whiteside in the frame also.  Valencia reminds me of Kanchelskis, and if it was a fight based on traditional wing play and beating the man to provide assists then Kanchelskis was superior than both Ronaldo and Valencia in this regard, but Ronaldo's goals record is unparalleled although he played off the front man most of the time in his last few years with the club and didn't get the goals from the wing as people suggest.  Keane and Scholes are two certs as is Giggs which presents a difficult choice over the 4th midfielder/winger.  Up front is not much easier, again it depends on what criteria is being used to pick the strikers.  As previously mentioned, if it is based on goals alone then RVN is a cert and Andy Cole would come into the reckoning but neither of them offered what King Eric and Rooney have done.  Rooney and Eric had the x-factor.  I see there is little mention of Mark Hughes, who was a bit of a hero of mine when I was growing up - master of the volley and bicycle kick - I will never forget his goal in the Charity Shield back in 1993 or thereabouts when he scored an incredible scissor kick (Ian Wright equalised with an equally amazing effort), nor will I forget his volley against Oldham and goals against Barcelon in the 1991 ECWC Final.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gawa316

Brian Robson has to be the 1st name on the list, absolutely amazin player who just played in a average team

norabeag

Ronnie Johnsen not even mentioned so far. Amazing player given his injury tally.
Heinze was also a class act though loyalty not a trait

ross4life

Well the Games are coming think & fast now, Fulham next up on Sunday when i expect united to be in 3rd place before kick off so chance to go top again

this is uniteds 30th league game & last season the 30th game was the turning point in the season (macheda) after which united finished the season unbeaten

got payback on Milan on Wednesday now it's time to get Payback for that Fulham 3 united 0 Result in December  8)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

full back

Quote from: ross4life on March 12, 2010, 05:05:43 PM
this is uniteds 30th league game & last season the 30th game was the turning point in the season (macheda) after which united finished the season unbeaten

fcuk me ross but you are the statto of this board  :D

TacadoirArdMhacha

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ross4life

Quote from: full back on March 12, 2010, 05:10:04 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 12, 2010, 05:05:43 PM

fcuk me ross but you are the statto of this board  :D

haha & uniteds 29th game last season marked the final defeat v Fulham  :o I'm thinking the 33rd game will be the turning point this season (hopefully in united favour)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 12, 2010, 05:27:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLEd3f1PGG0

Found this on youtube. Good film but this clip is the highlight

the man was a pure artist of game & will be forever one of my all time favourites "i am not a man! i am Cantona"