Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennistheMenace

Quote from: fred the red on August 12, 2009, 04:38:55 PM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 12, 2009, 04:36:34 PM
No you said 'its the same as betting on a player to be top goalscorer' which I've pointed out that it clearly isn't...

Yes it is the same as betting on a player to be top goalscorer in that it is an individual award, unlike betting on a team to win sam which is a team award   ::)

roll on september till the board is back to normality.

Jesus some people don't seem to comprehend, have no knowledge of football or both  ::)

ludermor

dont be putting yourself down like that

fred the red

DennistheMenace

EC Unique

Good start to get 3 points but need to take the chances better. Rooney should of had a hat trick and Owen missed the best chance he could have got!! The injures in defence are worrying but I still expect to be on 9 points by this time next week.

anportmorforjfc

After one game im already worried about how we will do without Ronaldo. I think we will need to sign someone before the end of the month (but i doubt it), if we are to win the league again and do well in the chamions League. On yesterdays performance Valencia doesn't look like what he was hyped up to be, and owen couldn't finish his dinner. He should have had at least 3 more goals in pre-season and should've scored yesterday. Rooney will be unable to do it all by himself.  Worrying times already.  :-\

DownFanatic

Valencia's David Silva spotted at Manchester Airport this morning. Watch this space.

anportmorforjfc

tyroneman

Has there ever been a player more overhyped than rooney? He is nowhere near the top 10 forwards in the  world yet is hailed as the messiah

DennistheMenace

Quote from: tyroneman on August 17, 2009, 04:54:44 PM
Has there ever been a player more overhyped than rooney? He is nowhere near the top 10 forwards in the  world yet is hailed as the messiah

That tends to happen with a lot of English players.

Rooney is good but there are definitely better forwards out there.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 17, 2009, 05:28:52 PM

Off the top of my head the following forwards are better than Rooney:

Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka, Henry, Eto'o, Drogba, Torres, Fabiano, Forlan

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 17, 2009, 05:37:41 PM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 17, 2009, 05:28:52 PM

Off the top of my head the following forwards are better than Rooney:

Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka, Henry, Eto'o, Drogba, Torres, Fabiano, Forlan
Forlan has the most underrated player in the world behind him he just finishes goals. fabaino  couldn't start for Arsenal, and torres is good bt not as good as Rooney. Henry is well past his best at one point last season he was along the he same lines as Eider Gudjohnsen.    Eto'o is a finisher pue as simplehe never does anything much spectacular.
by the way Kaka plays in centre mid.

Rooney has been United's best player for a number of years now and is England's finest forward since michael owen could still run. He caries united and if he is injured this season at all, united are i trouble.There is no player left at united that has the potential to command games anywhere near ronaldo and rooney.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

DennistheMenace

Rooney has scored 38 league goals in the last 3 seasons compared to Ronaldo's 66

Ronaldo was World Player of the year 2008, Player of the season 2006/7 and 2007/8, not to mention golden shoe recipient two seasons ago yet you think Rooney has been United's best player for a number of years ?

::)

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 17, 2009, 09:30:46 PM
Rooney has scored 38 league goals in the last 3 seasons compared to Ronaldo's 66

Ronaldo was World Player of the year 2008, Player of the season 2006/7 and 2007/8, not to mention golden shoe recipient two seasons ago yet you think Rooney has been United's best player for a number of years ?

::)
And how do you think ronaldo got all these goals? Sure saying that united should've just played with ronaldo and van der sar and they would have won 4 trophies a season? Most United fans know that rooney is the reason for united's success, which started,  the year after he arrived, no?
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

under the bar

QuoteHas there ever been a player more overhyped than rooney? He is nowhere near the top 10 forwards in the  world yet is hailed as the messiah

Stop reading The Sun then