Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: Minder on May 08, 2009, 01:34:41 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on May 08, 2009, 01:32:08 PM
I think they might let him off and throw the book at Drogba.

You look at the way he conducted himself after the decision, in fact the entire Utd team (granted it wasn't a decision that would affect the outcome of the game, not sure what would happened if it handed advantage to the Gooners  :P) handled themselves may count in his favour. 

So they will let him off because he didnt deck the ref?

No but it may count in his favour. Drogba is looking a lengthy ban. Is there anything in the rules that sitipulates the max ban he can get?

Thinking about it he probably will get off; just because there is not enough moaning and conspiracy theories about Utd cheating, refs being easy on them, etc........ at the moment  ;)

slow corner back

Quote from: corn02 on May 08, 2009, 02:49:54 PM
The rule is a stupid one, and it should be changed, but a altered a few weeks before the final? Not right.

At the end of the day all temas knew the rules going into the competition. Fletcher won't play anyway.

Just as all the teams knew the rules about having to finish in the top 4 to qualify for the champions league the nexts season a few years back yet Liverpol managed to use " exceptional" circumstances to get themselves into the competition despite finishing fifth  ;)

Minder

I think the fact that they won it with Djimi Traore, Smicer, Cisse, Baros etc was pretty "exceptional".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

fred the red

Tevez bids farewell to Utd

Carlos Tevez has admitted he expects to leave Manchester United in the summer and would have no qualms about joining one of the Red Devils' rivals.

The Argentine forward recently strongly hinted that he will depart Old Trafford at the end of the season as he reaches the end of a two-year loan deal in the North West.

Tevez, who has made 16 Premier League starts this campaign, has grown frustrated at his inconsistent role in Sir Alex Ferguson's side and claims the club have made little effort to extend his stay.

He said: "I am very sad about this but I guess what I'm saying is goodbye.

"I don't think I will be a Manchester United player next season. I have done everything I possibly can but they have never made me an offer or given me a contract so I have to leave.

"I think I will be at another club next season.

"I have not been treated as a member of the family. I do not feel wanted. I feel bad over my situation, I do, but it's very, very difficult to stay any longer.

"The fans treat me like family but United have not signed me so they do not respect me as a footballer."

He continued: "Things have changed dramatically this season. I was dropped - yet I didn't perform badly. Sir Alex never gave me an explanation but I never asked him for one because it is not in my character.

"I accepted it but maybe Sir Alex didn't feel the same way about me. Maybe he didn't have confidence in me any more."

Former West Ham attacker Tevez, who is a crowd favourite among the United faithful, stressed he was settled in England and would consider joining another Premier League club.

He said: "It's not true my family are unhappy in England. It's not true I want to leave England for Spain. My four-year-old daughter Florencia is learning English and my wife is very happy living in England.

"We want to stay. I want to play in England because it is the best league in the world and it suits my style.

"Any club I join, whether it be Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool or Everton, will be a rival of Manchester United.
"I would like to thank the United fans for their support. They will always have a special place in my heart.

"If I was a United fan I wouldn't want to see their player in any other shirt but I think they will accept I've done everything I can."

:o

Norf Tyrone

The Tevez one will be a funny one, as United will not be able to pick and choose what bids to accept as they don't own him. Can't see him going to Arsenal or Everton TBH. Would be surprised if he went to Liverpool, so it's Chelsea or City then.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

EC Unique

CR7 with another goal on his way to another world player of the year award ;D ;D

Farrandeelin

Tevez scored too, what happened I'm only listening. Did he go to the crowd or something?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lecale2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 10, 2009, 02:50:58 PM
Tevez scored too, what happened I'm only listening. Did he go to the crowd or something?

Yeah he ran up to the City supporters shouting that he'll do that for them next year. Didn't go down well at all.

thebigfella

Quote from: Lecale2 on May 10, 2009, 03:06:31 PM

Yeah he ran up to the City supporters shouting that he'll do that for them next year. Didn't go down well at all.

He ran up to front of the Utd dug out after he scored and put his hands behind his ears at ferguson as if to say are you listening. Never went near the city supporters and he never opened his mouth.

EC Unique

Walk in the park for the champions. Never needed to come out of 2nd gear. Title in the bag for the 3rd year in a row. ;D ;D ;D

Lecale2

Looking very like it. A win and a draw from 3 games against Wigan, Arsenal and Hull - it could be all over this time next week.

mrsandman

Quote from: Lecale2 on May 10, 2009, 03:06:31 PM

Don't know what game you were watching lecale, he was nowhere near the city fans and he didnt shout anything.
As for the ronaldo episode, very childish from him...but should never have been taken off.
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

Minder

Cristiano Ronaldos behaviour wasnt really the "united way" was it lads?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ExiledGael

I still haven't seen this, what did he do exactly?

gorm agus bui

Quote from: Minder on May 10, 2009, 05:24:39 PM
Cristiano Ronaldos behaviour wasnt really the "united way" was it lads?
Whats that ? The Champions way? Scousers wouldn't know much about that.