Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

But...but...but...Man Utd don't sack managers! It's one of the club's most cherished principles. I refuse to believe it.

magpie seanie

Thank God. Sorry for Moyes on a human level but thankful the nightmare is coming to a halt. Van Gaal or Klopp should get United back to competing for the title next season.

deiseach

Quote from: J70 on April 21, 2014, 03:42:52 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 21, 2014, 03:07:02 PM
Ay no, I hoped it would have lasted longer...the only blessing is that the pay off for him and presumably the staff he brought in will be the equivalent of a Mata level signing.  Will be very interesting to see who gets the long term job but Giggs in now with Fergie as his 'consultant' would be a decent short term fix.

No more of this unfortunately  :(

Isn't that gif a little unfair to Moyes, shite and all as he's been?

Wasn't it 2-1 until injury time in that Fulham match?  In all fairness, any manager would have been punching the air after two goals in two minutes late in a game where you were 1-0 down.

You're right. I don't know why they felt the need to doctor the gif, the reality was bad enough.

rodney trotter

Van Gaal seems the likely choice, seeing that Utd were in talks with him.  Didn't work out for Moyes, shouldn't have been offered the job,will get a nice pay off nonetheless. They clearly don't trust Moyes with whatever money is available this summer.Although if he had a chance to build his own side in the summer things might have been different next year, but was too big a risk when performances weren't that good. Some players have let him down too.  Van Gaal has a lot more impressive  cv then moyes and should attract big names.  Kloop would be  great choice too, but he signed  new deal last October

magpie seanie

Quote from: deiseach on April 21, 2014, 04:04:53 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 21, 2014, 03:42:52 PM
Ay no, I hoped it would have lasted longer...the only blessing is that the pay off for him and presumably the staff he brought in will be the equivalent of a Mata level signing.  Will be very interesting to see who gets the long term job but Giggs in now with Fergie as his 'consultant' would be a decent short term fix.

Isn't that gif a little unfair to Moyes, shite and all as he's been?

Wasn't it 2-1 until injury time in that Fulham match?  In all fairness, any manager would have been punching the air after two goals in two minutes late in a game where you were 1-0 down.

You're right. I don't know why they felt the need to doctor the gif, the reality was bad enough.

I hope you enjoyed this season.

gawa316

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

orangeman

P45 being written out as we type.

EC Unique

I would guess there were conditions in his contract demanding top 4 so his pay out might not be as much as you think.

GalwayBayBoy

In fairness this is pretty funny. ;D

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Man Utd have announced an open top bus parade on the 11'th of May to show off their new manager.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

BennyHarp

Diego Simone? Beckham would love that appointment.
That was never a square ball!!

magpie seanie

Quote from: deiseach on April 21, 2014, 04:22:31 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 21, 2014, 04:07:41 PM

I doubt that.

For your sake I hope you enjoyed it but you knew that anyway.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 21, 2014, 05:48:49 PM
Quote from: deiseach on April 21, 2014, 04:22:31 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 21, 2014, 04:07:41 PM

I doubt that.

For your sake I hope you enjoyed it but you knew that anyway.

A change of manger won't save the new Leeds Utd.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.