Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: EC Unique on October 08, 2012, 08:08:14 PM
Laughable stuff. Amazing how people buy into this sort of stuff to try and justify the failures of the team they support.

Jaysus EC I thought you'd still be on the batter!!

EC Unique

Quote from: screenexile on October 08, 2012, 08:28:35 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 08, 2012, 08:08:14 PM
Laughable stuff. Amazing how people buy into this sort of stuff to try and justify the failures of the team they support.

Jaysus EC I thought you'd still be on the batter!!

To be honest I'm fcuked after last night. Can't do 2 days in a row anymore.  :-\

nrico2006

Seems Sir Alex got it right to ditch Ravel Morrison and take the bucks when he did.  Chucked out on loan by West Ham without really figuring and now Birmingham want to send him back.  What a waste.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

rodney trotter

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 10, 2012, 05:22:31 PM
Seems Sir Alex got it right to ditch Ravel Morrison and take the bucks when he did.  Chucked out on loan by West Ham without really figuring and now Birmingham want to send him back.  What a waste.

Apparently he stole a watch from Rio Ferdinand, that was his days at Utd finished. His attitude was very poor at Utd, regularly missing training. Waste of talent, fair chance he won't be playing any football in 5 years time.

under the bar

Any decent streams for the Stoke game?

rodney trotter

Quote from: under the bar on October 20, 2012, 04:11:05 PM
Any decent streams for the Stoke game?

Eircomsports hub via setenta, its about a minute behind the normal match time

EC Unique

Sheedy

ferguson not happy with ferdinand for refusing to wear 'kick it out' t-shirt. not many get away with going against fergie. he says ferdinand 'will be dealt with'!
nil satis nisi optimum

EC Unique

Utds next two games in the league.. Chelsea in London and then arsenal at home. Tough.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 20, 2012, 08:03:29 PM
ferguson not happy with ferdinand for refusing to wear 'kick it out' t-shirt. not many get away with going against fergie. he says ferdinand 'will be dealt with'!

I can respect that from Ferdinand, obviously something important to him and if he and other players feel the campaign is not working then they have every right to protest.
#newbridgeornowhere

ziggy90

Agree with that Dinny, it's fairly obvious from the reaction of some of the black players that they feel th FA are only paying lip service to this issue.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

rodney trotter

I'd say Fergie still gave him a rollocking after the game, didn't seem to happy giving the interview. But as they said on Match of the Day he is a grown man, his choice not to wear the tee shirt.

ziggy90

What right has Ferguson (or anybody else for that matter) to "reprimand" Ferdinand? a man whose brother has been racially abused. It makes you wonder what his (Ferguson's) agenda may be. He is old enough (as I am) to remember the savage abuse hurled down at black players from certain sections of the terraces of all football clubs. 

thewobbler

It thoroughly pisses me off how sensitive everyone gets around racism.

I'm in no way undermining it or relegating it, but here's a few things to bear in mind:

- If Man United have a dress code then players should adhere to it. It's their job.
- the EPL can of course do more, but racism has been curbed in England better than in any other major league in Europe. It doesn't now need its black players turning it into a personal issue.
- if a white player made a public stance of not wearing the t shirt, it would be turned into a circus by Ferdinand and co.
- Anton Ferdinand, I imagine, has endured and resolved many worse things in his life than being called names by a Neanderthal like John Terry.

Football needs a collective stance against racism. The individualistic actions of Ferdinand and Danny Rose recently do not, in my opinion, further their cause. They look like spoilt children IMHO.

ziggy90

I know what you mean about the sensitivity and touchiness surrounding the racism issue, it pisses me off as well. In saying that, if your brother was the one being abused by what you rightly termed a neanderthal, would you not take his part? I'm f**king sure I would. My boss or anyone else trying to order me against doing what I deem to be right would soon be told where to stick their "commands". As I said I don't know why Ferguson is sticking his nose in where it's not warrented.

Just to pick up on a point you made, why the fcuk should Anton Ferdinand or any other black player put up with the bile that spews out of the mouths of these "neanderthals?" You're saying football needs a "collective stance against racism" again I agree with you but if the action the authorities choose to take isn't working I think you have every right to make your own stand. Btw if you think Danny Rose acted like a spoilt child for reacting the way he did to the intense provocation he received you must have a very low child tolerance level.