Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

City really are a joke..they spend half there time doing things trying to annoy united..classless crowd of wankers....I'd rather see Liverpool win the treble than see them win a single trophy

On a personal level I'd wish Hargreaves all the best because after the 3 years he's had he deserves it no matter who he's playing for

The Worker

Quote from: new devil on August 30, 2011, 07:58:28 PM
City really are a joke..they spend half there time doing things trying to annoy united..classless crowd of w**kers....I'd rather see Liverpool win the treble than see them win a single trophy

On a personal level I'd wish Hargreaves all the best because after the 3 years he's had he deserves it no matter who he's playing for

:D paranoid much?

new devil

I'm not paranoid... The facts are there plain as day to see

new devil

Quote from: onefaircounty on August 30, 2011, 04:49:20 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 30, 2011, 09:06:13 AM

I won't even get started on  Lucas.

Please do, i'm interested to hear your opnion on him.

Carrick is better than Lucas and that's not saying much

onefaircounty

Quote from: new devil on August 31, 2011, 06:43:24 AM
Quote from: onefaircounty on August 30, 2011, 04:49:20 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 30, 2011, 09:06:13 AM

I won't even get started on  Lucas.

Please do, i'm interested to hear your opnion on him.

Carrick is better than Lucas and that's not saying much

:D :D :D

Catch a grip you numpty.

new devil

::) Great reply....You obviously don't agree so can you give me reasons why Lucas is better...That is if you aren't as dumb as you reply suggested!!

onefaircounty

Quote from: new devil on August 31, 2011, 08:11:51 AM
::) Great reply....You obviously don't agree so can you give me reasons why Lucas is better...That is if you aren't as dumb as you reply suggested!!

Ach don't be so sensitive mate, I meant numpty in the nicest sense of the word.  :P

Anyway, Lucas has probably been the Premiership's best DM over the last 18 months, certainly has performed much, much, much better than Carrick over this period. Was Liverpool's player of the season last year and has started this season in a rich vein of form.

He also has proven his worth against the top teams, throwing in some fine performances against Arsenal, United and, most of all, Chelsea.

Carrick doesn't have his consistency in my opinion. Carrick is a boy who can be exceptional in one game and struggle to get a run. Lucas, however, over the last two seasons - it must be stated that he didn't do this in his first few seasons - has been putting in four very good performances out of five.

Carrick, for me, is a guy who will shine when United are cruising and everything is going well, but falls away in trench warfare.

To be honest, if I was offered the two players it would be an extremely easy decision who I would chose.

Clown

Quote from: new devil on August 30, 2011, 07:58:28 PM
City really are a joke..they spend half there time doing things trying to annoy united..classless crowd of w**kers....I'd rather see Liverpool win the treble than see them win a single trophy

what like? having a famous banner at their ground poking fun at their rivals?
Oh wait.....that was the holier than thou Man United

FFS wise up.

You could say the Michael Owen signing was mainly to get one over Liverpool, if you were as paranoid as you

Goats Do Shave

Liverpool have the best Goalkeeper, the best defence, the best midfield, the best forwards, the best manager, the best talent scout - & of course the best fans!!!

So why the fook can they not win anything?

Or is this their year??

onefaircounty

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on August 31, 2011, 09:58:33 AM
Liverpool have the best Goalkeeper, the best defence, the best midfield, the best forwards, the best manager, the best talent scout - & of course the best fans!!!

Or is this their year??

::)

Funny stuff.

It may have went over your head, but the argument centered around the qualities of Carrick and Lucas.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: onefaircounty on August 31, 2011, 10:03:16 AM

Or is this their year??

Funny stuff.

It may have went over your head, but the argument centered around the qualities of Carrick and Lucas.

I thought the argument started from that blog post? - you've taken one part from that.
Lucas is improving... for what it's worth he's better than Mascherano! I'm not Carrick's biggest fan... but i'm not sure he's better than him yet. I'd choose neither for UTD!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on August 31, 2011, 11:59:36 AM
Quote from: onefaircounty on August 31, 2011, 10:03:16 AM

Or is this their year??

Funny stuff.

I thought the argument started from that blog post? - you've taken one part from that.
Lucas is improving... for what it's worth he's better than Mascherano! I'm not Carrick's biggest fan... but i'm not sure he's better than him yet. I'd choose neither for UTD!
jesus, you serious? carrick is better than mascharano & lucas ???
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Goats Do Shave

I've always said Mascherano isn't a midfielder... Barca have realised that by playing him in defence. At best he's a right back. All he can do is tackle... he's not a footballer.

Neither lucas nor Carrick can tackle, however they do seem to be able to pass the ball... Carrick slightly better, however Lucas seems more mobile. However, I don't think any of them are good enough to start for UTD!

EC Unique

Glad that transfer window craic is over. Hate it. Utd had a successfull summer of ins and outs and time now to kick on and hold on to the 100% start to the season.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on September 01, 2011, 09:27:06 AM
I've always said Mascherano isn't a midfielder... Barca have realised that by playing him in defence. At best he's a right back. All he can do is tackle... he's not a footballer.

Neither lucas nor Carrick can tackle, however they do seem to be able to pass the ball... Carrick slightly better, however Lucas seems more mobile. However, I don't think any of them are good enough to start for UTD!

carrick cant tackle , i'll give you that, but lucas was one of the top tacklers in the Pl last season.
just because he doesnt go flying into tackles doesnt mean he isnt winning the ball back.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either