Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanderson

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 07, 2023, 10:48:58 AMGarnacho was United's best player last night, he's frustrating but unlike Antony on the other wing Garnacho was able to glide past his opponent with ease and deliver a cross or a shot. He's 19 and has a lot to learn and will have game where he'll frustrate but he's a serious talent.

5-2 would have been a fairer reflection and hard to believe how similar it was to the game last May between the 2 sides, Chelsea getting off lightly in the media but their not Man Utd who are team everyone still hates.

Maguire was poor last night, 2 or 3 huge mistakes from him last night which appear to have gone unnoticed. Many journalists who've sat down with Ten Hag have said he likes partnerships so there is a strong possibility that Varane might come back into the side when Martinez is back or might even get a chance with Shaw although I'm far from convinced by Regullon at left back and Dalot has been a disgrace playing there in recent weeks.

There's been signs in recent weeks of what Ten Hag is trying to in an attacking sense, would imagine he envisages Mount been able to do what McTominay does but he's far more gifted technically but we're so wide open without the ball; Tactically he's got a lot to work on when we lose the ball. I'd like to think with the return of Martinez we won't be giving it away so often.

Varane is one of the touts. He will be gone in January

Mario

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 07, 2023, 10:48:58 AMGarnacho was United's best player last night, he's frustrating but unlike Antony on the other wing Garnacho was able to glide past his opponent with ease and deliver a cross or a shot. He's 19 and has a lot to learn and will have game where he'll frustrate but he's a serious talent.

5-2 would have been a fairer reflection and hard to believe how similar it was to the game last May between the 2 sides, Chelsea getting off lightly in the media but their not Man Utd who are team everyone still hates.

Maguire was poor last night, 2 or 3 huge mistakes from him last night which appear to have gone unnoticed. Many journalists who've sat down with Ten Hag have said he likes partnerships so there is a strong possibility that Varane might come back into the side when Martinez is back or might even get a chance with Shaw although I'm far from convinced by Regullon at left back and Dalot has been a disgrace playing there in recent weeks.

There's been signs in recent weeks of what Ten Hag is trying to in an attacking sense, would imagine he envisages Mount been able to do what McTominay does but he's far more gifted technically but we're so wide open without the ball; Tactically he's got a lot to work on when we lose the ball. I'd like to think with the return of Martinez we won't be giving it away so often.

You must have watched a different game to me, I thought Maguire was excellent. He made one mistake at the very end but otherwise was flawless.

trailer

Maguire is POTM of November. I think he did rightly but he has a howler in him.
Bruno was terrible last right. Running everywhere, took a poor FK, got in the way of attacks. Capped it off by being a casual Cathy for the pen and missing it. Jumping in the air! WTF like?

Not clinical enough. McTominay missed a few sitters even though he got 2. Garnacho had a few good chances. But I like him and Hojlund. When Hojlund gets one he'll get a bag full.

3 points behind City and we're in crisis. Make it make sense.

Armagh18

Quote from: Onthe40 on December 07, 2023, 10:20:36 AMGranacho has a seriously long way to go as well, he's young yes but he wastes a phenomenal amount of possession..criminal at times..over hitting crosses, carrying it too far when simple pass on, drilling over endlines etc despite his odd moments of brilliance he must be v frustrating to play with
Talent is there, he's putting the effort in so I think he'll come good. Still only a kid as well.

statto

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 06, 2023, 10:42:41 PM
Quote from: Ghost on December 06, 2023, 10:38:34 PMMake a game they dominated a lot more nerve wrecking than it should have been. McTominay could have had 4 tonight...

At what point do you start getting concerned about Hojlund? For a team that dominated and created so many chances he wasn't really in it for large parts. Definitely think there's a player in there but the longer this league drought goes on it's bound to weigh on him more and more.
He's a kid. He shouldnt be expected to be Uniteds number 9. Should be learning under someone with more experience to keep the pressure off him. Definitely think he'll come good. If Martial and Rashford weren't such tossers he wouldn't have to play as much. A functioning midfield and wingers/fullbacks would help too....
Would united fans have been saying the same thing when they bought Rooney at a young age?  The one area of the pitch united needed a player was in the centre forward position and the recruitment team should have focused on this and ensured they got it right.  Martial is chronic, absolutely chronic with a horrific injury record, Rashford has never performed as a central striker.  But they decide to spend £60 million on Mount who plays in the same position as your captain. 

Armagh18

Quote from: statto on December 07, 2023, 04:37:37 PM
Quote from: Ghost on December 06, 2023, 10:38:34 PMMake a game they dominated a lot more nerve wrecking than it should have been. McTominay could have had 4 tonight...

At what point do you start getting concerned about Hojlund? For a team that dominated and created so many chances he wasn't really in it for large parts. Definitely think there's a player in there but the longer this league drought goes on it's bound to weigh on him more and more.
He's a kid. He shouldnt be expected to be Uniteds number 9. Should be learning under someone with more experience to keep the pressure off him. Definitely think he'll come good. If Martial and Rashford weren't such tossers he wouldn't have to play as much. A functioning midfield and wingers/fullbacks would help too....
Would united fans have been saying the same thing when they bought Rooney at a young age?  The one area of the pitch united needed a player was in the centre forward position and the recruitment team should have focused on this and ensured they got it right.  Martial is chronic, absolutely chronic with a horrific injury record, Rashford has never performed as a central striker.  But they decide to spend £60 million on Mount who plays in the same position as your captain. 
Mount was a mad signing. Not a bad player by any means but probably the one position there was that didn't need strengthened.

statto

Quote from: NAG1 on December 07, 2023, 10:35:40 AMHojlund is a good player and I think will score a lot of goals at the club.

Problem for him at the moment is he is playing with two wingers who continually chop back out on to their stronger foot rather than driving to the by line and crossing for him first time.

He is making good runs but having to then pull up and re-adjust when the winger doesnt deliver.

As do the wide players at city, liverpool, arsenal, spurs and newcastle...

Armagh18

Quote from: statto on December 07, 2023, 04:37:37 PM

Rooney had RVN and then Saha with him for his first couple years if I remember right. Ideally Martial wasn't a crock/dosser and they could be competing with each other

statto

Quote from: AustinPowers on December 07, 2023, 10:48:03 AM
Quote from: Onthe40 on December 07, 2023, 10:20:36 AMGranacho has a seriously long way to go as well, he's young yes but he wastes a phenomenal amount of possession..criminal at times..over hitting crosses, carrying it too far when simple pass on, drilling over endlines etc despite his odd moments of brilliance he must be v frustrating to play with

I think people  are getting carried away by Garnacho.  Couple of  good goals lately , but a long way  to go as you say.

United fans  have been here before  with the likes of Macheda and Januzaj.  But  their careers just  dwindled away into obscurity . He  could go the same way
There's a big call I think for ETH if he's still there in summer I think in relation to Garnacho/Rashford.  Their best position is both wide left and not nearly as effective anywhere else.  Do they cash in on Rashford and put the trust in Garnacho? 

Armagh18

Quote from: statto on December 07, 2023, 04:43:56 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on December 07, 2023, 10:48:03 AM

I think people  are getting carried away by Garnacho.  Couple of  good goals lately , but a long way  to go as you say.

United fans  have been here before  with the likes of Macheda and Januzaj.  But  their careers just  dwindled away into obscurity . He  could go the same way
There's a big call I think for ETH if he's still there in summer I think in relation to Garnacho/Rashford.  Their best position is both wide left and not nearly as effective anywhere else.  Do they cash in on Rashford and put the trust in Garnacho?
Absolutely. Not even a question. Rashfords had 2 or 3 decent goal scoring spells ever. Even then he wasn't playing well overall a lot of the time. Attitude stinks.

trueblue1234

I think the big miss was not getting Rice. He looks like the sort of boy who could help change the attitude in the dressing room. That would be as important as the on field display imo.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Armagh18

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 07, 2023, 09:36:35 PMI think the big miss was not getting Rice. He looks like the sort of boy who could help change the attitude in the dressing room. That would be as important as the on field display imo.
Woulda been better money spent than Mount and Antony anyway.

An Watcher

Everyone knew the Mount transfer was risky.  Did Utd know something Everyone else didn't?  His career was nosediving at Chelsea and its continuing to nosedive.  Ridiculous transfer

Armagh18

Quote from: An Watcher on December 08, 2023, 07:02:38 AMEveryone knew the Mount transfer was risky.  Did Utd know something Everyone else didn't?  His career was nosediving at Chelsea and its continuing to nosedive.  Ridiculous transfer
Sort of boy that would have been ok on the cheap as a squad player, but paying a fortune and giving him number 7 is a disgraceful decision.

screenexile

Manager of the Month . . .