Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on August 20, 2010, 05:20:23 PM
From manutd.com

Vidic pens contract extension

Nemanja Vidic has signed a new four-year contract, keeping him at Manchester United until at least June 2014.

The news comes four weeks after the club issued a statement making public both its and the player's desire for Vidic to remain at Old Trafford. At that stage, however, the deal was merely agreed, not signed. These latest developments, coming via a club statement released on Friday afternoon, cement the 28-year-old's long-term future.

Vidic, who has made 188 appearances since joining United in January 2006, told ManUtd.com: "I am very happy to sign this contract. I came to this club when I was young and have developed enormously with the help of the manager, coaching staff and my team-mates.

"During my time here we have had a lot of success and I look forward to continuing that success in the coming seasons."

Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson told ManUtd.com: "We are delighted Nemanja has committed his future to the club. This kills all the silly speculation over the past few months.

"Nemanja has developed into one of the best centre-halves in Europe and we are pleased he will be here for many years to come."

Keeping this guy fit will make all the difference this season

Torres will be delighted to hear that..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ross4life

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 20, 2010, 06:48:58 PM
Quote from: ross4life on August 20, 2010, 05:20:23 PM

Torres will be delighted to hear that..

Explain? or maybe your talking about that one misjudgement he made in that crazy game in March 2009
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

magpie seanie

Quote from: hardstation on August 21, 2010, 01:20:59 AM
Can somebody draw up a timeline of how Man United ended up skint? I'm not fully with it.

Man United - Loads of money.
Sold to them window fitters.
Window fitters somehow end up skint.
Man United are skint.

What really happened?

Close.

Window fitters were skint to begin with but got big loans to buy United.

Loans secured on United.

United's business has grown but so has interest on loans. United is fucked unless the window fitters are got rid of asap.

ross4life

Can somebody draw up a timeline of how Man United ended up skint? I'm not fully with it.

Man United are skint.

What really happened?

When united had "loads of money" was mainly because of dealing in shares..the largest shareholders in MU were two Irish business associates John Magnier and JP McManus, they sold there shares to Glazer which finally allowed him to take over the Club

Now i could blame Martin Edwards (former chairman non soccer fan) for floating united on the stock exchange in the first place or JP/magnier for selling up to the devil himself
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

In other news.. Anderson & Rio are on there way back from injury but still no update on Owen Hargreaves i guess we'll all know where he stands when the 25 man squad is selected in 11 days

magpie seanie

Quote from: ross4life on August 21, 2010, 01:51:45 AM

Man United are skint.

What really happened?

When united had "loads of money" was mainly because of dealing in shares..the largest shareholders in MU were two Irish business associates John Magnier and JP McManus, they sold there shares to Glazer which finally allowed him to take over the Club

Now i could blame Martin Edwards (former chairman non soccer fan) for floating united on the stock exchange in the first place or JP/magnier for selling up to the devil himself

Oh my God!

gawa316

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 21, 2010, 01:11:28 AM
And you still have retards who will defend them.

Is that a dig at Whiskey bake or Ross4life?

David McKeown

Quote from: ross4life on August 21, 2010, 02:08:15 AM
In other news.. Anderson & Rio are on there way back from injury but still no update on Owen Hargreaves i guess we'll all know where he stands when the 25 man squad is selected in 11 days

I would be very surprised if he's not in it. From the count a few pages back Utd only have 24 players they would really need to name. City and Chelsea are going to be interesting. Any player who fails to play in 10% of a clubs games can buy themselves out of contract. City have something like 43 players on the books apparently
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on August 21, 2010, 11:17:31 AM

What a awful word to use about anyone,its only soccer FFS   ::)
Mods should make him remove that if you ask me.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: David McKeown on August 21, 2010, 12:59:42 PM
Quote from: ross4life on August 21, 2010, 02:08:15 AM

I would be very surprised if he's not in it. From the count a few pages back Utd only have 24 players they would really need to name. City and Chelsea are going to be interesting. Any player who fails to play in 10% of a clubs games can buy themselves out of contract. City have something like 43 players on the books apparently

I don't think Chelsea will have too many in the disgruntled category. The squad has been fairly culled recently.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

new devil

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 21, 2010, 01:19:48 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 21, 2010, 11:17:31 AM

What a awful word to use about anyone,its only soccer FFS   ::)
Mods should make him remove that if you ask me,and to think he reports people over far less the f**king hypocrite.

Haha your some boy talking about reporting people you "f**king hypocrite"

new devil

Looked good last Monday even berv played well and looks more interested this year
We will never see players like Scholes and Giggs again  :(

ross4life

Quote from: Boycey on August 21, 2010, 11:00:10 AM

Man United are skint.

What really happened?

I have to say ross thats a staggering oversimplification of whats happened at United. United didn't get loads of money by "trading" in shares... Jesus wept

Magpie Seanie is close on the money hardstation, the Glazers purchased United in a leveraged buyout ie borrowing the money (at unfavourable rates) and once they had the completed the sale transferring this debt onto the club leaving the club to service the debt. The amounts involved are mindboggling. Its probably not true to say either Glazers or United are skint but at a time when United have had one of the most successful periods in their history and football is awash with money, United are running very fast just to stand still with 50-60 million leaving the club in interest payments every year

Oversimplification yes because Hardstation not known for his soccer following doesn't need to know the fine lines of man united f.c (his tongue in cheek comment will tell you that) & yes united were rich but correct me if i'm wrong didn't united become the world's richest club while floating on the Stock Exchange & during that time didn't they make most the big money transfers like Rio, Rooney,van Nistelrooy & Ronaldo in that time?

for years people behind the scenes have been trying to ruin the club (remember Michael Knighton,Rupert Murdoch) it's no surprise a gangster is running the club now

ross4life

Quote from: Boycey on August 21, 2010, 04:40:26 PM
Quote from: ross4life on August 21, 2010, 04:17:05 PM
Quote from: Boycey on August 21, 2010, 11:00:10 AM

Man United are skint.

What really happened?

I have to say ross thats a staggering oversimplification of whats happened at United. United didn't get loads of money by "trading" in shares... Jesus wept

Magpie Seanie is close on the money hardstation, the Glazers purchased United in a leveraged buyout ie borrowing the money (at unfavourable rates) and once they had the completed the sale transferring this debt onto the club leaving the club to service the debt. The amounts involved are mindboggling. Its probably not true to say either Glazers or United are skint but at a time when United have had one of the most successful periods in their history and football is awash with money, United are running very fast just to stand still with 50-60 million leaving the club in interest payments every year

Oversimplification yes because Hardstation not known for his soccer following doesn't need to know the fine lines of man united f.c (his tongue in cheek comment will tell you that) & yes united were rich but correct me if i'm wrong didn't united become the world's richest club while floating on the Stock Exchange & during that time didn't they make most the big money transfers like Rio, Rooney,van Nistelrooy & Ronaldo in that time?

for years people behind the scenes have been trying to ruin the club (remember Michael Knighton,Rupert Murdoch) it's no surprise a gangster is running the club now

To be honest I was attempting to be diplomatic last time I actually think you haven't got a clue....... There I've said it now and your latest post has done nothing to change my opinion

If you think i don't know what's going on with the glazers you are very mistaken... i just choose not to use 90% of my posts talking about them unlike you

ross4life

With Rooney rumoured to be ruled out with stomach bug i wonder will fergie choose to start Hernandez tomorrow?