Tour de France 2022

Started by ONeill, July 06, 2022, 04:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markl121

steep finish today. Id like to see pog try and take time. Start of the stage was mental with loads of attacks

bennydorano

Great win for Matthews, showed some serious fight on the last climb.

grounded

Quote from: bennydorano on July 16, 2022, 04:23:38 PM
Great win for Matthews, showed some serious fight on the last climb.

Fantastic win. Pure power up that last climb. Not many sprinters(bar Van Aert) could pull that off.
        Two big attacks from Tad at start and end. JV looked a little shaky but Jonas  able to follow each attack. Tad looked very strong today. Exciting days ahead.

markl121

Pogacar is burning serious matches for little reward so far. Big blow for JV losing roglic and krusiwick today. Jonas fell also but not sure how bad it was yet. I think Pogacars ego is getting him to think he can just attack all day every day with no repercussions.

grounded

Quote from: markl121 on July 17, 2022, 07:14:27 PM
Pogacar is burning serious matches for little reward so far. Big blow for JV losing roglic and krusiwick today. Jonas fell also but not sure how bad it was yet. I think Pogacars ego is getting him to think he can just attack all day every day with no repercussions.

After those JV withdrawals, Tad is in a very strong position. Roglic must have been in seriously bad shape for the team to allow him to withdraw.
     Makes the last week even more intriguing

bennydorano

Can't remember if it was ITV or Eurosport (as I flick between the 2) but one of them said Roglic was forced to stand down against his will, if that's the case some DS is in the shit this morning

markl121

Quote from: bennydorano on July 18, 2022, 10:52:04 AM
Can't remember if it was ITV or Eurosport (as I flick between the 2) but one of them said Roglic was forced to stand down against his will, if that's the case some DS is in the shit this morning
I would say they're keeping him for the Vuelta. Hes becoming less and less effective this tour anyway he's only doing himself more damage

bennydorano

Yeah, there's no doubt that's the case, but 24 hours is a long time in cycling. Not the DS's fault, shit happens.

oakleaflad

Didn't Roglic dislocate his shoulder on an earlier stage (on the cobbles I think) and pop it back in? The Tour is physically massively demanding and with the speeds they've been doing and the heat it's entirely possible he was in very bad shape.

markl121

Quote from: oakleaflad on July 18, 2022, 11:34:35 AM
Didn't Roglic dislocate his shoulder on an earlier stage (on the cobbles I think) and pop it back in? The Tour is physically massively demanding and with the speeds they've been doing and the heat it's entirely possible he was in very bad shape.
Think he said it was like riding while being stabbed or something it was that painful

grounded

Quote from: bennydorano on July 18, 2022, 10:52:04 AM

Yep its a strange call if that is the case and a huge momentum change in fabour of Tad. The TDF is cycling's greatest prize(great to win the Vuelta or Giro but not in same league)  and would be a massive achievement for the JV team.
         If they could have kept him on board for a few more stages would certainly have helped Jonas's challenge( and he needs it if he is to have any chance against Pog. Of course he still has Wout but he's been burning a few matches too.
         Who knows if his own fall will have any effect(Jonas). Geraint Thomas and Ineos aren't too far behind to snag second place.
      Great viewing but my money is on Pog at this stage.

bennydorano

I reckon Pogacar will do something significant myself too,  maybe not reverse the situation but enough to make the 40km TT on Saturday a decider (as both are supposedly on a par TT wise).

markl121

Two JV riders in the break is madness I think. WVA has green wrapped up anyway he doesn't need points he should be chained to Jonas the rest of the week. I can only think that Jonas fancies another attack on the final climb an then the other two are there to pace for the descent.

markl121

Big day today. This is the day Pogacar has to take time

oakleaflad

Quote from: markl121 on July 20, 2022, 10:09:07 AM
Big day today. This is the day Pogacar has to take time
Short enough stage today. Tomorrow's would seem the more likely but he should be trying something on both. Should make for good viewing.