FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Started by laoislad, April 01, 2022, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Kidder81 on December 13, 2022, 05:39:18 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on December 13, 2022, 05:31:36 PM
Messi scored 4 and assisted 1 in 2014.. Di Maria only scored one and was injured last 2 games.

POTT for me this World Cup has been Messi, the Croatia goalkeeper or Arambat for Morocco.

Assists are a meaningless stat when judging performance

Lol

Turf

Read a stat the other day that Ronaldo (the second one not the original one) has never scored a goal in the knockout stages of a World Cup. Funny how people can claim Messi flops at World Cups but never say the same about Ronaldo ( the second one not the original one)

Blowitupref

Quote from: Turf on December 13, 2022, 06:21:05 PM
Read a stat the other day that Ronaldo (the second one not the original one) has never scored a goal in the knockout stages of a World Cup. Funny how people can claim Messi flops at World Cups but never say the same about Ronaldo ( the second one not the original one)
Didn't Messi score his first goal in the knock out stages in this World cup?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armagh18

Quote from: Kidder81 on December 13, 2022, 05:39:18 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on December 13, 2022, 05:31:36 PM
Messi scored 4 and assisted 1 in 2014.. Di Maria only scored one and was injured last 2 games.

POTT for me this World Cup has been Messi, the Croatia goalkeeper or Arambat for Morocco.

Assists are a meaningless stat when judging performance
Like Keano says, no one cares about the silver medals in the olympics all about the golds

Milltown Row2

13 minutes hasn't touched leather, must just be waiting on that one ball

The other ref would have awarded a penalty there
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Holding his thigh, he'll be off soon
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 13, 2022, 07:18:55 PM
Holding his thigh, he'll be off soon
He'll walk/jog through 95% of the game but produce a moment or 2 of magic.

Armagh18

I know they're both there on merit but Jesus these are 2 average teams for a WC semi

Mourne Red

Armagh18

Jesus how many penalties is that now.

Milltown Row2

thewobbler

It was some pass to be fair and I would also think it a penalty, and it was ls a hell of a penalty.

I'm just not sure it would have quickly been given against Messi's team

Armagh18

Mourne Red

Thunder bastard of a penalty that

Captain Obvious

The defending by Croatia wasn't great in the build up to that penalty.