Kerry v Mayo, League Final 2022, Croke Park 3rd April 4pm

Started by highorlow, March 31, 2022, 09:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

He's the same ref who did the Monaghan Dublin game.

Armagh18

Someone tell Mayo its the league not the All Ireland final ffs. They have shite the bed

Wildweasel74

Galway gonna feel the wrath in a few weeks time after this one. Bad hammering.

From the Bunker

Mayo lose League final they did their best not to reach.

Wildweasel74

Mayo still played very poorly and very open. Even with 2 O'connor bck. Conroy out long term, they def not got the scoring power to win an All Ireland. I say we looking at Kerry, then Tyrone, Dublin, then Mayo, Donegal, Monaghan, Armagh, Galway on that order for the race for Sam.

From the Bunker

Mayo fans don't mind losing finals.....its all about the journey. Which is rather expensive journey, given present Diesel prices.  ;D

Wildweasel74

Only lad I seen remotely hold him is that lad from Cork, he can destroy just about anybody else.

Blowitupref

As good as Kerry was i don't think Horan and his management will be too pleased at how loose they were defensively today and any team deciding not to double up on David Clifford is asking for trouble.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Clifford is a class act, not much teams can do to stop him only filter men back and push him out to the wings, and even at that he's capable of kicking the ball over from outrageous angles

rodney trotter

He's always good for a goal. A lot of forwards are happy to just kick a point , he's ruthless. Class player.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 03, 2022, 05:43:11 PM
Only lad I seen remotely hold him is that lad from Cork, he can destroy just about anybody else.

Plenty of lads In Laois would hold him

twohands!!!

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 03, 2022, 05:30:09 PM
How many are Mayo missing? Conroy long term, COC only on. Mullin, Durcan and DOC all missing and probably a few more.

How far are Kerry from full strength? Moran, SOS?

Beyond those two I think Dan O'Donoghue is likely to be the first choice corner back ahead of Casey or O'Sullivan.
Paul Murphy probably an option in the half-back line.
I thought O'Beaglaoich was possibly the poorest Kerry player today so wouldn't be surprised if Murphy replaced him in the half-back line.
I don't know what sort of state Moran is likely to be in fitness wise - I be surprised to see him starting games - maybe an option to finish games out.
Okunbor the Aussie rules returnee might be a bit of a curveball at midfield but hard to see him getting much game time this year given he didn't get any game time in the league.
Breen who was in the half-back line is out for the year with injury.
I don't think there's anyone else to come into the reckoning.

Today's starting 15 had at least 11 of Kerry's championship starting 15 and probably more like 13 of the 15.