6 County Assembly Elections - 5th May 2022

Started by Snapchap, February 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: general_lee on May 05, 2022, 02:12:23 PM
I only went for 5 (SF 1 & 2, AP 3, Green Party 4, SDLP 5)
Ignored Aontú (Dolores Kelly is probably as bad) and all the Unionists, in hindsight probably should have gave Doug Beattie 6th preference.

So you will give a Unionist a vote before a republican. Very odd .

I went 1 Aontú 2 Ind republican McLaughlin 3. big durky SDLP as he's sound GAA man . 4 Green.

I struggled with green a bit on some of their policies I was tempted for wee Pádraig as he's sound but thought it better he learns hard way Shinners using him

RedHand88

Tyrone footballer Peter Harte giving his backing to Aontú.

LeoMc

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 05, 2022, 05:55:22 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 05, 2022, 04:39:34 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 05, 2022, 04:25:28 PM
I never go past 4 on ballot

Which is nothing to be proud of

Why explain to me why I would give a vote in Derry City to anyone past 4 , I'd love you to explain to me, I've obviously being doing it wrong all these years
The first and most obvious is that there are 5 people elected in the constituency. In the last assembly election 2 of the 5 were elected on or after the 5th count.

Even if your 4 are already elected, their excess, of which you are a part, will go some way to determining who the 5th will be.

The indifference of any SF or SDLP voters who did not go down the ballot is in a small way responsible for Middleton getting in ahead of Eamon McCann on the 6th count.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 05, 2022, 06:25:43 PM
Quote from: general_lee on May 05, 2022, 02:12:23 PM
I only went for 5 (SF 1 & 2, AP 3, Green Party 4, SDLP 5)
Ignored Aontú (Dolores Kelly is probably as bad) and all the Unionists, in hindsight probably should have gave Doug Beattie 6th preference.

So you will give a Unionist a vote before a republican. Very odd .

I went 1 Aontú 2 Ind republican McLaughlin 3. big durky SDLP as he's sound GAA man . 4 Green.

I struggled with green a bit on some of their policies

Are the Green polices as bad as TUV?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Mourne Red on May 05, 2022, 06:32:21 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on May 05, 2022, 06:30:55 PM
Tyrone footballer Peter Harte giving his backing to Aontú.

Because like his former manager he's a gobshite

Bit like that womanising  narcissistic joe brolly backing SF.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: LeoMc on May 05, 2022, 06:31:08 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 05, 2022, 04:39:34 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 05, 2022, 04:25:28 PM
I never go past 4 on ballot

Which is nothing to be proud of

Why explain to me why I would give a vote in Derry City to anyone past 4 , I'd love you to explain to me, I've obviously being doing it wrong all these years
The first and most obvious is that there are 5 people elected in the constituency. In the last assembly election 2 of the 5 were elected on or after the 5th count.

Even if your 4 are already elected, their excess, of which you are a part, will go some way to determining who the 5th will be.

The indifference of any SF or SDLP voters who did not go down the ballot is in a small way responsible for Middleton getting in ahead of Eamon McCann on the 6th count.

I'd never want mc cann in. Never. Like Middleton he is not a nationalist and his party like DUP championed Brexit. Plus he shat on floor of Raytheon, sentiment was good but actually doing it lol, well.....naw thanks

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on May 05, 2022, 06:58:38 PM

In an STV election, while the general advice is to vote in preference right down the card you should at the very least give a minimum amount of preferences based on the number of seats available in your electoral area, which in all cases for NI Assembly elections these days is five seats and therefore => 5 preferences.

By making four (or less) preferences, you essentially forfeit giving a choice to at least one seat in your constituency. If all your four preference votes are at a point in the count either elected or eliminated, your vote is "exhausted" and you no longer have any say as to whom takes the remaining seat(s) available. As you go down the list of preferences it can get more the case of whom you dislike less more than whom you prefer more - but it can still count especially if things get close for the last available seat.

How or whom you give a preference for is entirely up to you, but as I've said above - by giving less preferences than the amount of seats available among the candidates on the ballot, you are not using the full weight of your vote.

I'd rather it was discounted than help someone I don't like,

Armagh18

Think i managed to give 9, SF 3 obviously then went with Malone 4 and Aontu 5. Think Alliance after that then just whoever. Didnt give anything to UUP, TUV or dup

RedHand88

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 05, 2022, 07:04:45 PM

In an STV election, while the general advice is to vote in preference right down the card you should at the very least give a minimum amount of preferences based on the number of seats available in your electoral area, which in all cases for NI Assembly elections these days is five seats and therefore => 5 preferences.

By making four (or less) preferences, you essentially forfeit giving a choice to at least one seat in your constituency. If all your four preference votes are at a point in the count either elected or eliminated, your vote is "exhausted" and you no longer have any say as to whom takes the remaining seat(s) available. As you go down the list of preferences it can get more the case of whom you dislike less more than whom you prefer more - but it can still count especially if things get close for the last available seat.

How or whom you give a preference for is entirely up to you, but as I've said above - by giving less preferences than the amount of seats available among the candidates on the ballot, you are not using the full weight of your vote.

Who would you rather get in, someone you don't like or someone you hate?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 05, 2022, 08:05:37 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 05, 2022, 07:04:45 PM

Who would you rather get in, someone you don't like or someone you hate?

One of the earliest lessons I got in life was never to use the word hate, I'd like to get the 4 i vote for and beyond that I'd lose interest, I'm not into unionism having no voice in a city where they are in a vast minority so I've no interest keeping them out

Eire90

lots of voting zealots on here people can vote whatever way they want curtain twitchers probably keeoing record on whos voting and not.

RedHand88

Quote from: Eire90 on May 05, 2022, 08:40:14 PM
lots of voting zealots on here people can vote whatever way they want curtain twitchers probably keeoing record on whos voting and not.

Aye I've got a register here of who has and hasn't voted. Have you been yet yourself so I can get your record updated?

seafoid

I would love to see the DUP fall behind the UUP.

Under Lights

Quote from: seafoid on May 05, 2022, 08:51:16 PM
I would love to see the DUP fall behind the UUP.

Never happen. It should but won't. The bogey men keeping DUP relevant