A Tyrone book

Started by seafoid, October 23, 2016, 12:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanmc123

No but i can tell you who i am :) Can you ? Wonder would you be as big a man if he was in front of you? You just another 1 of these keyboard warriors that hasnt got a clue. God help if you have a child and they have an addiction

Jinxy

Take it to snapchat lads, you're boring the grown-ups.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Tyrone Gaa

From what I can see Cathal wont be making as much money as he would have hoped from his book.  I got it e-mailed to me today, its doing the rounds in PDF format.  This may send Cathal off the rails again....  Hopefully not.
Living the dream!!!

haveaharp

Quote from: seanmc123 on October 24, 2016, 12:04:24 PM
No but i can tell you who i am :) Can you ? Wonder would you be as big a man if he was in front of you? You just another 1 of these keyboard warriors that hasnt got a clue. God help if you have a child and they have an addiction

Don't have a clue ? I have enough of a clue to know that breaking into peoples houses is the action of a sc**bag. If he is the man you say he is then he would admit that himself. I won't even comment on his other actions.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: haveaharp on October 24, 2016, 01:14:31 PM

Don't have a clue ? I have enough of a clue to know that breaking into peoples houses is the action of a sc**bag. If he is the man you say he is then he would admit that himself. I won't even comment on his other actions.

In fairness, in his book he does admit he has done a lot of things he regrets and realises that his behaviour was less than admirable.  What gets me is he refuses to accept this instead he blames it on gambling or finds some other blame for these behaviours
Living the dream!!!

seanmc123

I would advise you to read his book then. I don't think Cathal is having sleepless nights looking at comments on this site, after all hiding behind a keyboard is the lowly cowards game ;)

haveaharp

Quote from: seanmc123 on October 24, 2016, 01:37:56 PM

I would advise you to read his book then. I don't think Cathal is having sleepless nights looking at comments on this site, after all hiding behind a keyboard is the lowly cowards game ;)

I won't be reading his book or contribute in anyway to the coffers of a thief. As my grandmother used to say "show me your company and i will tell you what you are". I'd take heed of that.

seanmc123

And i don't think he will be needing you to buy it either. p***k

Main Street

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 24, 2016, 01:16:50 PM

In fairness, in his book he does admit he has done a lot of things he regrets and realises that his behaviour was less than admirable.  What gets me is he refuses to accept this instead he blames it on gambling or finds some other blame for these behaviours
That's the addiction dualism phenomenon, the judea christian duality, good and  evil, god and the devil. The devil tempts evil deeds, the devil made me do it. The addiction is more seen as the work of the devil. Therefore the addiction becomes a matter of morality and willpower, an external thing to be fought against with willpower and moral rectitude.
Which quite frankly is old testament claptrap..

haveaharp

Quote from: seanmc123 on October 24, 2016, 02:09:45 PM
And i don't think he will be needing you to buy it either. p***k

Oh dear. Getting personal behind your keyboard. Let that teenage angst go son.

seanmc123

Haveaharp mate. I could imagine thats all your good for :-*

Syferus

Quote from: seanmc123 on October 24, 2016, 08:50:48 AM
I have read and seen enough shit on this forum which is meant to be a GAA forum.

Have some of use forgotten McCarron is a GAA man and puts his life on the line for Tyrone GAA and his club. He has had his troubles but he has turned his life around not short of a miracle. You tell me who could of done what he has done? People will judge him no matter what he does now in life but i will tell you this, the man is a very good friend of a friend of mine and he is a credit to himself and his family. If you don't know him don't judge him and that goes for everyone in life.

We should be talking about his book on how it will help many's a person in the future who will fall on their own troubles and give them hope. Anyhow i am looking forward to the 2017 season already. Nearly Christmas :)

At least a Tyrone supporter is finally being honest about the standard of the club game in the county.

haveaharp

Quote from: seanmc123 on October 24, 2016, 02:42:01 PM
Haveaharp mate. I could imagine thats all your good for :-*

Aye i enjoy an odd one.
Have never broken into someones house to fund it though.

seanmc123

Tell me this, what did cathal take btw ???? I hear this now and again

omaghjoe

Quote from: Main Street on October 24, 2016, 02:09:52 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 24, 2016, 01:16:50 PM

That's the addiction dualism phenomenon, the judea christian duality, good and  evil, god and the devil. The devil tempts evil deeds, the devil made me do it. The addiction is more seen as the work of the devil. Therefore the addiction becomes a matter of morality and willpower, an external thing to be fought against with willpower and moral rectitude.
Which quite frankly is old testament claptrap..

?Huh? Surely your leaving freewill out of that to conveniently fit with your point

Besides What the alternative view. The naturalist and  deterministic view that everything is gonna happen anyway? Therefore this would leave Cathal as the leopard who is what he is, and he has no responsibility for his actions as it was inevitable that he was going to carry them out anyway? Sort of makes a mockery of blaming him for his actions does it not?