Please help Kevin

Started by The Iceman, August 10, 2016, 11:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

This is going fantastically well. Kevin is a great lad from a great family. I am the PRO for his local gaelic club (Roger Casement, Portglenone) and I can tell you that the family are thrilled with the response and ask everyone to keep pushing this out as far as we all can.

Our club has several events lined up over the weekend which will help but Kevin and Natasha have a long road ahead and will need an awful lot of support to see if this can be beaten and they can begin to get their lives back on track.

In the meantime thanks everyone for such phenomenal support...and please do pass those links on and keep this going as long as possible. You couldn't support a better man.

imtommygunn

bannside

Phenomenal response to Kevin's cause. Just checked there and the target of £205 looks achievable now in just three days. Kevin, his wife Natasha and families have been blown away by the generosity of so many people.

Our clubs own activity should swell their effort too over the weekend. We have Street collections ongoing at the minute (over £1k collected so far this morning) and a sold out juvenile disco tonight. Tomorrow we have a big breakfast in the Wild Duck and tomorrow night there is a club barbecue. All this on senior championship weekend where we play Glenavy tomorrow.

At the the same time we have over thirty men out four nights a week fundraising for our new pitch development where we have £190k gathered up with 6 weeks left.

The GAA is one fantastic organisation and it's contribution to the physical and mental wellbeing of the community cannot be over emphasised.

imtommygunn

Credit to everyone who is behind this bs. This has been everywhere and they did a great job putting it out there everywhere. It was even in the daily mail! The people behind this deserve immense credit here. When a loved one was in dire straits they have done everything they possibly could and it looks to have paid off. Here is hoping that the operation is successful.

bannside

That's the main thing ITG, that the operation goes according to plan. It's revolutionary pioneering neurosurgery so it can't  be taken for granted but it's Kevin's best hope. Thanks for your show of support.

STREET FIGHTER

Brilliant effort by all.

Donation made.

Let's hope the 205k is surpassed....

Captain Black

Anecdotal only but I know a fella who has trialled the immunotherapy and it seems to be working well on him so here's hoping the same for Kevin

bannside

That's great news CB, thanks for letting us know. In a situation like this every single bit of positive news is welcome!

The gofundme total is almost £209k. The target has been reached and people are still donating. Though not every donator is from a Gaa background, there is no doubt that the majority are and once again shows that there is a lot of good will out there.

Meanwhile we expect today's Street Collection in Portglenone to be close to £4k.

The Iceman

the fundraising efforts definitely have to be highlighted  -I don't think I've seen a campaign that went viral like that and generated donations from about 6,000 people and counting - fair play to all involved!

I'm anxious now to hear about Kevin's continuing fight -  if anyone hears any news please keep us all posted!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

BennyCake

Read about Kevin today in the Irish News. Phenomenal effort by all concerned! Hope all goes well for him.

bannside

I will keep you up to date with events and progress as it goes.

Our club raised £8.5k in a street collection in the town last Saturday, and almost £17k in a big breakfast on Sunday morning. Clubs there from.everywhere including full teams with all their gear etc. A humbling experience to see the GAA family at work.

Kevin's family would like to pass on their sincere thanks to everyone who contributed no matter how small. This gives Kevin a fighting chance now that he didn't think was possible just this time last week.

seafoid

How is Kevin doing? I hope it's going well

T Fearon

Is Kevin Fearghal Sharkey's cousin?

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"