Rossies v Kerry round 2, will Croke Park be playable?

Started by giveballaghback, April 03, 2016, 07:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

One thing you're guaranteed when you have Paudie Hughes reffing a game, is that he will make damn sure everyone knows Paudie Hughes is reffing a game.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Il Bomber Destro

They could have left the engine running on the bus there.

twohands!!!

3 awful goals conceded by Roscommon.

Being taught a bit of a lesson today.

3-8 to 0-5 at HT

knockitdown

imtommygunn

They look very susceptible to the high ball in.

Mayo Border

Black card for Claffey? That's what the rules say, goal or no goal. Ross have arrived in top flight football. It's all about what they can learn from this.

joemamas

Quote from: twohands!!! on April 10, 2016, 02:37:12 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on April 10, 2016, 02:33:05 PM
Tommy Carr was saying on radio 1 at the start of the match that Roscommon are better than people think and Kerry aren't as good as people think.
Another quote to add to the collection

Maybe he meant a different Roscommon, because this side have 1 score from play so far.
He just said that Kerry would not have scored those goals against a better team

Jinxy

Number 3 for Roscommon would want to go back and mind the house.

Zulu

That's a pity. I thought Roscommon might give this a rattle and I do think they have a decent team but a good few lads look short of what's required to be a top 4 IC footballer. Some of them probably have time to develop into one but unless they have a few very good players to return then they might find themselves in that group that challenge for honours most years but fall short.

haze

Quote from: knockitdown on April 10, 2016, 02:40:06 PM
Are goalkeepers not exempt from black cards?

Yes exempt. They should update the rule book

Not sure what I hate more - bad referees or blanket defences. Both blights on the game in equal measures

twohands!!!

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 10, 2016, 02:40:59 PM
They look very susceptible to the high ball in.

When Darran O'Sullivan is getting a goal off a high ball in, it's a bit more than susceptible.

Gael85

Jinxy

Zulu

Good point on their full back line too. Roscommon seem to be playing a system that has them both short in the full back line and full forward line while still losing midfield - not sure what a lot of their players are meant to be doing.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Zulu on April 10, 2016, 02:43:16 PM
That's a pity. I thought Roscommon might give this a rattle and I do think they have a decent team but a good few lads look short of what's required to be a top 4 IC footballer. Some of them probably have time to develop into one but unless they have a few very good players to return then they might find themselves in that group that challenge for honours most years but fall short.

A huge thing is how they react to this - Kerry are motoring seriously well for this time of year.