Best football boots for GAA! What are they? All suggestions welcome.

Started by Theyoungcub, March 29, 2016, 11:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theyoungcub

I was just looking to know what people think are the best boots for GAA. Soft ground/firm ground. Anything wanted! Personally, my favourites is the Adidas Incurza range!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

BluestackBoy

I agree with Jinxy, Blackthorn every time. I'm not so sure about these new fangled ideas of not having the back of the boot coming up over the ankles though.

If it's good enough for Charlie Nelligan...........
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

illdecide

Twas the Puma Kings for me...Studs until start of May and mouldies the rest of the season

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Watchthebreak

The Nike premier are a class boot fit like a glove and lovely for striking I had the moulds last summer and had to get the studs as well for the current conditions. http://soccerreviewsforyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Nike-Premier-SG-1.jpg

J70

Quote from: illdecide on March 29, 2016, 10:48:17 PM
Twas the Puma Kings for me...Studs until start of May and mouldies the rest of the season

Do they still produce them?

Best boots I ever used.

blewuporstuffed

Used to be a Puma king man, had a couple of pairs of predator as well, but copa mundial were my boots for about the last 10 years.
I never really liked screw in stud boots, I have always worn mouldies pretty much all year round
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Over the Bar

QuoteUsed to be a Puma king man, had a couple of pairs of predator as well, but copa mundial were my boots for about the last 10 years.

You Wore Predators onto a Gaelic field?   Either you were Peter Canavan or got laughed out of it with every wide or misplaced foot pass!?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 30, 2016, 02:17:29 PM
QuoteUsed to be a Puma king man, had a couple of pairs of predator as well, but copa mundial were my boots for about the last 10 years.

You Wore Predators onto a Gaelic field?   Either you were Peter Canavan or got laughed out of it with every wide or misplaced foot pass!?
Predator where (and still are ) quite common
That was back in my midfield days, once i was shifted to full back I opted for the copa mundials!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Main Street

Conallach

I got a new pair of Puma Kings for Christmas!  :D

Studs though, more's the pity.

lurganblue

never really cared for a particular type of boot, usually the most reasonably priced. Still cant understand people paying about £100 quid for a pair of boots. Had a pair of puma kings once and never liked them.

I was sh*te in the puma kings and i'm still sh*te in my 20 quid sports direct umbro specials.

(i do prefer a molded blade all year round though)