Your favourite sports journalists

Started by seafoid, March 07, 2016, 02:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Taylor on March 07, 2017, 01:58:57 PM
Paul Kimmage would be my favourite.

Used to think Ewan was good but find a lot of what he says/does lately is just for attention seeking rather than proper journalism and objective points.
Wouldnt read anything by him subsequently

Yeah he's getting on my nerves a bit now as well... always crying about people putting his articles up on here and the shit he's giving McIlroy for golfing with Trump is a bit OTT. I wasn't overly happy with it but in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal!

AZOffaly

5 Sams

Quote from: Declan on March 07, 2017, 12:06:28 PM
A prominent Irish journalist has pleaded guilty to six sex offences in relation to a child.

The man pleaded guilty to the charges when he was arraigned at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court today.

Two of the charges related to the accused engaging in a sexual act with a girl under the age of 17 on dates in December 2010 and February 2011 at an address in Dublin.

The other four charges were of sexually exploiting the same child by inviting her to engage or participate in a sexually explicit, indecent or obscene act on dates in January 2010, and February and March 2011.

The journalist cannot be identified at present for legal reasons.

He only spoke in court today to say "guilty" after each charge was put to him.

The journalist will be sentenced at a later date.

Prosecution counsel Shane Costello SC entered a nolle prosequi in relation to three other charges.

A number of other charges on the indictment are to be taken into account when the man is being sentenced.

He was remanded on continuing bail.

Far and away the most talented sports journalist in the country at one stage. Pity he sank so low.
The Aristocrat Years

Dinny Breen

Quote from: screenexile on March 07, 2017, 02:02:11 PM

Used to think Ewan was good but find a lot of what he says/does lately is just for attention seeking rather than proper journalism and objective points.

Yeah he's getting on my nerves a bit now as well... always crying about people putting his articles up on here and the shit he's giving McIlroy for golfing with Trump is a bit OTT. I wasn't overly happy with it but in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal!

FFS when Ryle Nugent makes a gobshite out of you, time to give the game up.

I miss the Sunday Tribune but would still rate Kieran Shannon as my favourite. Murray Kinsella is superb and has shown you can be successful with technical analysis and not just sound bites.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 07, 2017, 04:30:02 PM

I miss the Sunday Tribune but would still rate Kieran Shannon as my favourite. Murray Kinsella is superb and has shown you can be successful with technical analysis and not just sound bites.

What did Royle Nugent say to Ewan?

JimStynes

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.velonews.com/2011/02/news/complete-transcript-paul-kimmages-interview-of-floyd-landis_158328/amp
That's the Kimmage and Floyd landis article I was talking about. A long read!
Stick up a few of the best articles there lads!

screenexile

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 07, 2017, 05:02:19 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 07, 2017, 04:30:02 PM

What did Royle Nugent say to Ewan?

If anyone has it stick it up there it drives him bananas when people don't have to pay for it.

I wouldn't mind only the majority of his GAA stories are lifted from the front page of this board!

mouview

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: JimStynes on March 07, 2017, 07:43:13 PM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.velonews.com/2011/02/news/complete-transcript-paul-kimmages-interview-of-floyd-landis_158328/amp
That's the Kimmage and Floyd landis article I was talking about. A long read!
Stick up a few of the best articles there lads!

The headline says complete transcript and later they say its a 7hr interview.... surely not!?
Hasta la victoria siempre