Cork v Mayo 31/01/16

Started by larryin89, January 21, 2016, 05:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 31, 2016, 04:37:59 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 31, 2016, 04:12:15 PM
Don't mean to gloat Captain Obvious, but ya.

Result is probably meaningless in the context of Mayo's season, so many key men gone or not fully fit. Would take something special to beat Dublin next week but you never know at home.

Mayo have a habit of struggling in Castlebar in the league, with Keegan unlikely to be himself, only a miracle will get us anything next weekend.

Can't imagine he would be allowed to play that quickly. He looked well out of it when being helped off.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 31, 2016, 03:53:17 PM
Terrible performance, glossed by a few scores at the end.
Good summary. Injuries only an excuse the Mayo team that started was strong and should be able to do better than that terrible performance.

Nihilist

Supposed to have been reported on the radio Keegan will defo be out for next weekend
Plus McLoughlin unlikely as well as pulled hammer. Plus Higgins and Keane missing and Conroy long term absentee.

Add that to the rest unavailable cos of club or other injuries or only still to come back for new year
SOShea, COConnor, B Moran, T Cunniffe, P Durcan, A Freeman, A Moran, S Coen, D Coen, A Dillon

We are pretty threadbare at this stage.

twohands!!!

Has anyone got around to asking Aidan O'Se who he thinks Mayo should amalgamate with in order to have a chance at winning Sam?

:D  ;)

larryin89

Really poor performance . Thoughts of next sat night are depressing ones , we are weeks behind compared to last few years at this stage .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Quote from: twohands!!! on January 31, 2016, 07:11:20 PM
Has anyone got around to asking Aidan O'Se who he thinks Mayo should amalgamate with in order to have a chance at winning Sam?

:D  ;)

Yeah, I think he was talking about Kerry, it'd tidy up loyalty issues for the family!  ;)

Chimley

A bad start for new management. Time will tell whether the appetite is still there but there were many lacklustre performances. I felt that the new players were let down a bit by their more experienced teammates. New guys need to rely on the established members of the team to set the tone for the performance and the required intensity and approach was lacking today.

macdanger2

Terrible performance and it won't get any easier against the Dubs next week. Another big negative points difference could be significant on the last day.

Still very early days though

galwayman

I wouldn't panic lads.It's January at the end of the day.
Most seasons in the last 5 seasons ye have taken a tanking in one game or other in the league which had no bearing on the season to follow.

At the end of the day ye are miles better than the rest of us in Connacht right now & ye're season doesn't really start until August.
That's the sad reality for the rest of us in Connacht at the moment.

Syferus

Quote from: galwayman on January 31, 2016, 07:44:31 PM
Most seasons in the last 5 seasons ye have taken a tanking in one game or other in the league which had no bearing on the season to follow.

At the end of the day ye are miles better than the rest of us in Connacht right now & ye're season doesn't really start until August.

Speak for yerselves lads. We had as many injuries as Mayo today and didn't ship a hammering against a better side. It's a pity Galway of all counties feel downtrodden enough to consider Connacht a no-hope prospect.

Dubhaltach

Quote from: Nihilist on January 31, 2016, 05:50:51 PM
Supposed to have been reported on the radio Keegan will defo be out for next weekend
Plus McLoughlin unlikely as well as pulled hammer. Plus Higgins and Keane missing and Conroy long term absentee.

Add that to the rest unavailable cos of club or other injuries or only still to come back for new year
SOShea, COConnor, B Moran, T Cunniffe, P Durcan, A Freeman, A Moran, S Coen, D Coen, A Dillon

We are pretty threadbare at this stage.

Any word on David Clarke? I think we are badly missing his kick-outs at the moment.

galwayman

Quote from: Syferus on January 31, 2016, 07:47:15 PM

Speak for yerselves lads. We had as many injuries as Mayo today and didn't ship a hammering against a better side. It's a pity Galway of all counties feel downtrodden enough to consider Connacht a no-hope prospect.
We'll see we'll see.
But I would be extremely surprised if Mayo didn't win Connacht again in 2016.
Time will tell

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on January 31, 2016, 07:47:15 PM

Blah blah blah , you never stfu do ya.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .