Cork v Mayo 31/01/16

Started by larryin89, January 21, 2016, 05:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

It's strong enough surely. I hope the new look defence doesn't show much signs of inexperience at the top level. It's nice to see Boyle getting a rest as well, although there's no word of the bench which is the norm for Mayo for the past number of years. Pity Keith Ruttledge (biased I know) isn't starting, but I agree with Cunny, it's not a bad team at all.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Have to start somewhere.
It would be great if some of the newer backs can do a job later in the year.

Chimley

It's certainly not a conservative selection especially in the backs. A fair bit of physicality there too. Cafferkey has played well on Hurley in the past so he might pick him up again.
It looks like Rochford is making a statement already that there are places up for grabs.

larryin89

The sheer physicality of corks ff line and ability to win ball will be an almighty test for our FB line , the ff I don't know him but I'm hearing is a big lump of a lad cork shtyle, if so caff wil also have his work cut out but Hurley and Goulding are massive tests for Harrison and mchale ,I rate mchale though .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on January 30, 2016, 12:03:28 AM
The sheer physicality of corks ff line and ability to win ball will be an almighty test for our FB line , the ff I don't know him but I'm hearing is a big lump of a lad cork shtyle, if so caff wil also have his work cut out but Hurley and Goulding are massive tests for Harrison and mchale ,I rate mchale though .

You ll always get a solid game from McHale and great to see him recover well from a bad injury. Unfortunately he doesn't have natural pace but will do well on a certain type of player. Harrison and Cafferkey have pace though so could get balance right.

Haven't seen Crowe much but it would be great if he can make a go of six. Thought he had a very good second half in the second FBD game.

Zulu

0-12 to 0-4 HT. Very enjoyable game with some great scores. The wind is worth about 6 points I'd say so Cork may have done enough to see this out. Mayo getting some goal chances though and I expect them to go close to winning and if they can get a goal they will probably win.

Hound

Quote from: Zulu on January 31, 2016, 02:40:58 PM
0-12 to 0-4 HT. Very enjoyable game with some great scores. The wind is worth about 6 points I'd say so Cork may have done enough to see this out. Mayo getting some goal chances though and I expect them to go close to winning and if they can get a goal they will probably win.
Bookies have Mayo at 7/1

Zulu

Yeah, two early Cork points has the lead out to ten and they are looking the better team early in the second half. Mayo definitely need a goal now but their forwards whereat in front most of the first half so they can still put up a decent score if they get going. Not looking like it at the moment.

manfromdelmonte

Is the referee not counting the amount of steps players are taking?

It's gone beyond ridiculous

Zulu

Cork kicking some great scores and Mayo missing some very score-able ones. 0-17 to 0-4 and it's game over now. Would be good to see Mayo make something of the game though.

Zulu

Mayo hugely disappointing in this second half, have really faded away and Cork, who will win easily, could with a bit of luck have dished out a real trimming.

seafoid

Cork have been very good in the league and anonymous in championship for a few years.

Farrandeelin

Terrible performance, glossed by a few scores at the end.

Syferus

Don't mean to gloat Captain Obvious, but ya.

Result is probably meaningless in the context of Mayo's season, so many key men gone or not fully fit. Would take something special to beat Dublin next week but you never know at home.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on January 31, 2016, 04:12:15 PM
Don't mean to gloat Captain Obvious, but ya.

Result is probably meaningless in the context of Mayo's season, so many key men gone or not fully fit. Would take something special to beat Dublin next week but you never know at home.

Mayo have a habit of struggling in Castlebar in the league, with Keegan unlikely to be himself, only a miracle will get us anything next weekend.