Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: No wides on January 21, 2016, 02:33:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 21, 2016, 02:31:04 PM
Quote from: No wides on January 21, 2016, 02:28:29 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on January 21, 2016, 02:20:17 PM
Quote from: annapr on January 21, 2016, 12:06:32 PM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on January 21, 2016, 08:54:43 AM
Simple answer is it's better to go see a qualified GP. It doesn't cost you anything.

Self diagnosis from the internet will lead you to believe your dying within roughly 30 minutes.
It's costs anywhere from €50 up to see a GP

I'd suggest Dennis is a northern poster where GP services are free as well as prescriptions and hence the reason people up north are more inclined to visit the GP and for some reason feel the need for a prescription for whatever ailment they need and GP's duly oblige.

They aren't free we all pay national insurance.

Its free if you never worked before

In the same way the dole is free if you have never worked before.

Hard work proving you cant work
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

No wides

In the North, you are taking the piss!!!

StephenC

Don't ask for medical advice on forums.
Don't give medical advice on forums.
If you have any concerns about your health (mental or physical), go see a healthcare practitioner.
Don't delay, fart around or hide under the "manly" excuse - just go and get checked out or share your issue with someone.
Encourage your family, friends and team mates to be aware of their health and to go for regular checkups.

illdecide

You miserable shower of Mexican bastids are too tight to go and see the Doctor...and nothing in this life is for free :)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

Quote from: StephenC on January 22, 2016, 08:29:06 AM
If you have any concerns about your health (mental or physical), go see a healthcare practitioner.
Don't delay, fart around or hide under the "manly" excuse - just go and get checked out or share your issue with someone.
Encourage your family, friends and team mates to be aware of their health and to go for regular checkups.

Very true and I know some people walking around today who spotted something serious in time. I also knew several people who did not act quickly enough and who are not around today.

Unfortunately there is a looming shortage of GPs and local nurses and so on and health services are losing sight of the simple stuff, while also having to worry about centres of excellence and the like. The queues at A&E partly reflect a lack of local services for minor stuff. A really good GP service, able to order tests and direct patients to further help if required would do a lot to ensure health.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

No wides

Quote from: armaghniac on January 22, 2016, 10:03:19 AM
Quote from: StephenC on January 22, 2016, 08:29:06 AM

Very true and I know some people walking around today who spotted something serious in time. I also knew several people who did not act quickly enough and who are not around today.

Unfortunately there is a looming shortage of GPs and local nurses and so on and health services are losing sight of the simple stuff, while also having to worry about centres of excellence and the like. The queues at A&E partly reflect a lack of local services for minor stuff. A really good GP service, able to order tests and direct patients to further help if required would do a lot to ensure health.

It is getting to see one is the issue, as I mentioned if you had to pay 20 quid or so to see a doctor I bet you would get in every time, I never have a problem getting an appointment for a dentist!