2016 Season Ticket

Started by Mayo Club 51, October 08, 2015, 01:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo Club 51

Heads up for anyone looking for Mayo GAA season tickets.  https://www.seasontickets.ie/new/NProducts/NList/football

The Mayo GAA (Cairde Mhaigheo) season ticket has gone back on sale today. They must have added more tickets?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayo.mick

Quote from: Rossfan on December 15, 2015, 11:30:44 PM
Mine arrived today 8)

A good few Mayo fans got theirs in the post today aswell. I'm still waiting on mine though  :(
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

mayo.mick

Quote from: mayo.mick on December 16, 2015, 10:04:02 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 15, 2015, 11:30:44 PM
Mine arrived today 8)

A good few Mayo fans got theirs in the post today aswell. I'm still waiting on mine though  :(

Still no sign of my season tickets yet.
@mayo_mick

mayo.mick

Season tickets arrived this morning thankfully. Was starting to get a bit worried  :D
@mayo_mick

ONeill

Quote from: mayo.mick on December 21, 2015, 11:06:05 PM
Season tickets arrived this morning thankfully. Was starting to get a bit worried  :D

2016 could be a big year for Mayo so good timing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mayo.mick

The reason for the increase given by Croke Park was to "maximise the return for county boards". They replied to someone that the league match prices would be increasing and that they would be charging for juveniles in 2016, that's why they were doubling the price of juvenile season tickets.

So, with ticket prices remaining at €10 for league match's and juveniles continuing to be free, will they return the extra money charged for this years season tickets?  >:(
@mayo_mick

Throw ball

Quote from: mayo.mick on January 07, 2016, 09:11:40 PM
The reason for the increase given by Croke Park was to "maximise the return for county boards". They replied to someone that the league match prices would be increasing and that they would be charging for juveniles in 2016, that's why they were doubling the price of juvenile season tickets.

So, with ticket prices remaining at €10 for league match's and juveniles continuing to be free, will they return the extra money charged for this years season tickets?  >:(

Agree totally. They are taking advantage of the loyal fans. For Mayo, Dublin etc. there may be a bonus in that you can be guaranteed a ticket for matches as your county progresses through provincial and All Ireland series. For those of us from weaker counties that is unlikely to be a benefit.

Sadly what is a good idea in theory is losing its appeal.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Throw ball on January 08, 2016, 12:11:50 AM

Agree totally. They are taking advantage of the loyal fans. For Mayo, Dublin etc. there may be a bonus in that you can be guaranteed a ticket for matches as your county progresses through provincial and All Ireland series. For those of us from weaker counties that is unlikely to be a benefit.

Spot on. This will be first year I won't be getting one. With long trips to Limerick, Ennis and Sligo it's doubtful if I'll make all 7. Would only be worthwhile if Westmeath were guaranteed to make the league final. 33% increase in 2 years is taking the piss.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rossfan

Appalling increase alright.
Was it a case of " shit! This has got too popular. It's limiting the amount of AI tickets we can give to Corporates"

Throw ball

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 08, 2016, 09:23:30 AM
Quote from: Throw ball on January 08, 2016, 12:11:50 AM

Spot on. This will be first year I won't be getting one. With long trips to Limerick, Ennis and Sligo it's doubtful if I'll make all 7. Would only be worthwhile if Westmeath were guaranteed to make the league final. 33% increase in 2 years is taking the piss.

Renewed mine in November! Didn't get the club add on. Last year an Armagh Club add on was €40. Up to €101 this year!

Come to think of it the odds are that Armagh will only have 7 league games. Assuming championship matches are the same price as last year if I go to all league games and Armagh lose to Cavan and in the first round of the qualifiers and I did not buy a season ticket the cost of admission would be:

7 matches at €10  = €70   (advanced purchase price)
Cavan match         =€25
Qualifier match.     =€10

Total cost.              =€105

With season ticket €99 plus qualifier €5 (with discount). Total cost €104.

The season ticket would have saved me €1!

Now considering I got a juvenile one for €20 and will probably only be one match charge of €5 by being a loyal supporter of a crap team I have cost myself €14!

Is it too late to complain or ask for a refund? :(

armaghniac

Quote from: Throw ball on January 08, 2016, 07:52:42 PM
The season ticket would have saved me €1!

Now considering I got a juvenile one for €20 and will probably only be one match charge of €5 by being a loyal supporter of a crap team I have cost myself €14!

Is it too late to complain or ask for a refund? :(

You can go to support Cross' in the AI club final, if Jamie does the business in the semi.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Croí na hÉireann

Are qualifier matches not €15?

John Fogarty referenced this in his column yesterday. http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/john-fogarty/john-fogarty-time-for-gaa-to-revalue-loyalty-375685.html He has a good point on where the quality seating tickets are sold through as well. That was another thing that bugged me about the season ticket, if you wanted to bring a friend you were thrown down the end of the stand in Croke Park.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rossfan

Were the 1st round games €10 last year?

Throw ball

Quote from: Rossfan on January 13, 2016, 11:15:25 AM
Were the 1st round games €10 last year?

As far as I know.

When they speak of loyalty would it not be easy enough to make it known that only club members can get adult season tickets from next year. Then reduce the price of the season ticket a bit. That would award loyal fans and keep clubs happy.