Papal Visit to Ireland

Started by T Fearon, September 28, 2015, 06:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Looks very likely! Will undoubtedly spark off a much needed spiritual revival.

red hander

The Iceman

Pope Francis has announced the the world meeting of families which he attended in Philadelphia will be hosted in Dublin in 2018.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

BennyCake

Will the Pope get to Armagh this time though?

T Fearon

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on September 28, 2015, 06:55:56 PM
Definitely.

I fear he will never live that long, the paedophiles in the church will kill him before he makes it to Ireland, the paedophiles within the Church I mean. Best Pontiff ever by the way.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

From the Bunker

Pope Francis will be nearly 82 if he comes! The decline of the Catholic Church is so rapid at the moment it is hard to see what sort of a reception he'll get even in a short period of 3 years from now. No doubt there will be a lot of people that will turn out out of curiosity, but for many it will be a non event.

Shamrock Shore

Tony

I cannot see how a vist by this Pope, the next Pope or any other Pope will matter.

Sure - a few may go to a big open air mass in a field or two but it won't be a repeat of 1979.

The past is a different country

BennyCake

Considering Ireland is looked upon as a catholic country, why has it taken so long for a Papal visit? I'm sure other countries has had a lot more. Not that I care either way. I'm just saying...

charlieTully

who else is on the bill, brian d'arcy doing the support slot? hopefully security not to tight and we can smuggle a few cans in.

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on September 28, 2015, 07:46:58 PM
Considering Ireland is looked upon as a catholic country, why has it taken so long for a Papal visit? I'm sure other countries has had a lot more. Not that I care either way. I'm just saying...

One quarter of one per cent of the world's Catholics live in Ireland, we are not that important!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

Nostalgic for those of us who were there in 1979,and I've seen Popes in Rome on several occasions,being a frequent visitor,but strangely I haven't seen Francis yet.

No doubt a Papal visit would bring the crowds out though perhaps not on the same scale as 1979.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 28, 2015, 07:37:46 PM
Tony

I cannot see how a vist by this Pope, the next Pope or any other Pope will matter.

Sure - a few may go to a big open air mass in a field or two but it won't be a repeat of 1979.

Well said SS. Time and tide waits for no man, the tide has ebbed significantly since 1979 for the Catholic church.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

foxcommander

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 28, 2015, 07:37:46 PM

Sadly - the place is a cesspit these days.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

T Fearon

I was struck by the general comments on the UTV Facebook page,by non Catholics.Aside from the lunatic evangelical fringe the vast majority would welcome a Papal Visit to the North.Now that is a different country from 1979