Money is Destroying the Game

Started by Teo Lurley, September 03, 2015, 10:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranga

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 28, 2015, 02:36:18 PM
Quote from: Ranga on September 28, 2015, 02:08:48 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 28, 2015, 12:20:54 PM
Another big fundraiser for Kerry, I believe that will make it 6 million from New York, 1 million from London, ?? Millions from the Kerry Group ( One of the most profitable companies in the world).

Its and old article but I haven't seen it mentioned.

http://irishpost.co.uk/kerry-stars-head-to-london-to-help-e1million-fundraising-push-for-gaa-centre-of-excellence/

7 million  ;D The Dubs use that as toilet roll!

I think your getting confused, I was talking about Kerry, Dublin's finances has been well documented a couple of dozens times on this site.

Kerry need to be under the same spotlight, as well as Donegal, Mayo etc.

Why does Kerry, Donegal and Mayo's finances need to be under the spotlight?

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Ranga on September 28, 2015, 03:42:50 PM
Another big fundraiser for Kerry, I believe that will make it 6 million from New York, 1 million from London, ?? Millions from the Kerry Group ( One of the most profitable companies in the world).

http://irishpost.co.uk/kerry-stars-head-to-london-to-help-e1million-fundraising-push-for-gaa-centre-of-excellence/

I think your getting confused, I was talking about Kerry, Dublin's finances has been well documented a couple of dozens times on this site.

Who do you need to ask that question?

How much do Kerry get annually from Kerry group? why do Kerry underage ladies teams have GPS systems use at u-16 level?

Why arnt Kildare's finances under the spotlight with their full time highly paid manager a few years ago? Multible thousands while the players themselves had to go out and fund raise and manually build their own gym.

Why with Mayo having 13 million in the bank did the GAA bail out Castlebar stadium?

Why are Donegal players 1, getting helicopters to training 2. some players being able to become full time athletes by leaving their jobs 3. getting multiple training camps every year 4. using a professional soccer club for rehab and facilities?

Ranga

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 28, 2015, 03:54:28 PM

How much do Kerry get annually from Kerry group? why do Kerry underage ladies teams have GPS systems use at u-16 level?

Why arnt Kildare's finances under the spotlight with their full time highly paid manager a few years ago? Multible thousands while the players themselves had to go out and fund raise and manually build their own gym.

Why with Mayo having 13 million in the bank did the GAA bail out Castlebar stadium?

Why are Donegal players 1, getting helicopters to training 2. some players being able to become full time athletes by leaving their jobs 3. getting multiple training camps every year 4. using a professional soccer club for rehab and facilities?

Oh right, it's just I've been told by Dublin people that money hasn't had anything to do with them winning 3 out of the last 5 All Irelands. It seems that you think it does.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Ranga on September 28, 2015, 04:32:22 PM

Oh right, it's just I've been told by Dublin people that money hasn't had anything to do with them winning 3 out of the last 5 All Irelands. It seems that you think it does.

Dublin have been in plenty of finals since the 50s, lost more than won, now Dublin are winning, Dublin have a good team, it wont last for ever, just like Tyrone's 00s team, but people just cant take it that Dublin have more naturally gifted footballers in the country and far more than Kerry and play the beautiful game changing the game for the better. It will be a long winter in the minds of the anti-dub brigade.

AZOffaly

Ranga

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 28, 2015, 04:43:59 PM
Quote from: Ranga on September 28, 2015, 04:32:22 PM

Dublin have been in plenty of finals since the 50s, lost more than won, now Dublin are winning, Dublin have a good team, it wont last for ever, just like Tyrone's 00s team, but people just cant take it that Dublin have more naturally gifted footballers in the country and far more than Kerry and play the beautiful game changing the game for the better. It will be a long winter in the minds of the anti-dub brigade.

So wait, does money matter or does it not?  :D

rodney trotter

4 million by AIG would matter I'd say.

deiseach

It seems the purity of the Volk is the most important thing.

Nihilist

Maybe for the purpose of the thread you could refresh everyone's mind on Dublin's finances and what they spend?

Dinny Breen

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/john-fogarty/john-fogarty-how-the-gaa-can-level-the-playing-field-366701.html

QuoteTwo years ago, outside of Jim Gavin and his selectors, Dublin had 14 backroom team members. That number has wavered little since. It was similar size when the county weren't winning All-Irelands under Paul Caffrey but the point is Dublin are the Texas of Gaelic football: where everything is bigger and often better.

It's known, for example, that they provide match-day expenses for the partners of their players.

Hmmm...
#newbridgeornowhere

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 24, 2015, 01:35:11 PM
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/john-fogarty/john-fogarty-how-the-gaa-can-level-the-playing-field-366701.html

QuoteTwo years ago, outside of Jim Gavin and his selectors, Dublin had 14 backroom team members. That number has wavered little since. It was similar size when the county weren't winning All-Irelands under Paul Caffrey but the point is Dublin are the Texas of Gaelic football: where everything is bigger and often better.

It's known, for example, that they provide match-day expenses for the partners of their players.

Hmmm...

Why do I get the feeling that match-day expenses incorporate more than a complimentary match ticket and a burger and a pint?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rossfan

So how much are Dublin's "match day expenses" and how much are everyone else's?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

There is a remarkable lack of facts and sources on this thread, despite some wild claims.

MWWSI 2017

Hound

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 24, 2015, 02:29:15 PM

Hmmm...

Why do I get the feeling that match-day expenses incorporate more than a complimentary match ticket and a burger and a pint?
Well the way Fogarty wrote it is designed to give you that feeling.
"provide match day meals for championship games" would be less dramatic. Saying they give them expenses could lead the easily led to think the girls get cash to keep the lads happy. Sure it's no wonder we've won 3 All Irelands in the last few years!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hound on November 24, 2015, 03:12:36 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 24, 2015, 02:29:15 PM

Hmmm...

Well the way Fogarty wrote it is designed to give you that feeling.
"provide match day meals for championship games" would be less dramatic. Saying they give them expenses could lead the easily led to think the girls get cash to keep the lads happy. Sure it's no wonder we've won 3 All Irelands in the last few years!

That's a different thing entirely!