USFC Round 1 : An Cabhan V An Dun

Started by Brick Tamlin, April 26, 2007, 12:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteI'd have hoped you were watching Ulster football long enough to know that all sides in the province deserve the respect of the others!

Except Antrim.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Brick Tamlin

Re: Charlie Stubbs

agree murtagh has been good in the last 2 games but on the back of playing a terrible cavan team then trying to compare him to aaron kernan is a joke!

your right it is a joke,there is no comparison murtagh would wipe the floor with kernan

Uladh

Who are you to say what concerns me?

anyway, come back to me after the derry game, when murtagh gets shown up, and derry aren't even a top tier team.

By the way, i had quite a chuckle at the attempted tackle last night when logie showed Larry reilly's point.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Uladh on May 22, 2007, 10:42:10 AM

anyway, come back to me after the derry game, when murtagh gets shown up, and derry aren't even a top tier team.

There is no guarntee they will beat monaghan.

charlie stubbs

at least 5 times has added a little realism to this thread.good victory yes,but people like bt need to take a reality check.in relation to cavan running armagh close in 2004,alot of cavan players have went backwards since then,the reillys in particular jason spring to mind.running a team close is all well and good but GOOD teams are judged on victories not running teams close

cavanmaniac

Quote from: charlie stubbs on May 22, 2007, 10:52:33 AM
at least 5 times has added a little realism to this thread.good victory yes,but people like bt need to take a reality check.in relation to cavan running armagh close in 2004,alot of cavan players have went backwards since then,the reillys in particular jason spring to mind.running a team close is all well and good but GOOD teams are judged on victories not running teams close

The point is that teams at least earn the right not to be called terrible on the basis of giving serious headaches to more vaunted opposition. En their route to Sam in 2005, that same 'terrible' Cavan team came within an ace of dumping Tyrone out of Ulster don't forget.

If it's one thing ANY Cavan team are always capable of, this one included, it's giving the big boys some serious brown trouser moments and I'd happily play Armagh next weekend and predict a close game. So don't call us terrible please we deserve a bit more respect as Ulster's most successful ever football team. 

Brick Tamlin

......running a team close is all well and good but GOOD teams are judged on victories not running teams close......

Would that be victories in the all ireland series ie Finals etc or just within the confines of ulster ie Ulster Titles.....hmm let me think.
Sure Armagh have made a name for themselves by running teams close, and have somehow become the masters of grinding teams down and scraping by in the end.

As a Down gael i believe a bit of respect should be afforded Cavan especially from Armagh folk on here pontificating and spouting tripe. Id be wary of any Cavan team and their pedigree is there for all to see, they should have scalped Tyrone last year and their year is by no means over yet, it might actually just be starting for them, i dont believe any team would like to meet them in the qualifiers. and im being in now way patronising by saying that.

charlie stubbs

And a word for Cavan
 - Seriously disappointed with Cavan over the two legs - Without Mc Cabe in that team they would struggle badly
- A Full Back line that isnt naive.
- Im Probably being harsh with all the above but the biggest problem id say is your forward unit - Larry Reilly is either a puddin or he been ating the weights recently, and he is far too quickly sidetracked from the game by his man and seems to blow upp/burst after 25 mins, Seanie Johnston should quit showboatin to the crowd and just get on with skinnin defenders, and jayo reilly is living on past glories, his work rate is terrible.
biggest failing is that they dont play as a unit, they look like 6 guys that dont like each other or have no confidence in each other.

this is the good cavan team you spoke of shite full back line,one player in midfield and a crap forward line.contreadict yourself much?im speaking of cavan and down present teams that cannot compete at the highest level.down have potential as they have a number of new players.cavan are reliant on older players who are past their best.armagh may not have had such a past but if we are talking about recent teams over the last few years that can make an impact in the championship i sincerely doubt either cavan are armagh.iv heard murtagh is possibly the best club player in down but your claims he is now delivering his potential to be a top class intercounty player are premature on the basis of 2 performances.kernan has been doing it for 4 or five years

[/quote]

lisdoon1

Packie Downey isn't a county footballer, I don't even think he is a division 1 club footballer.  He was brutal yesterday, until the last 10 mins when Down were well on top.

Quote from amallon

Are you serious??? This lad will be the next gooch cooper. Unbelieveable strength and ability. A little confidence & he will come even better. 2nd chamionship game of his career & you think he shouldnt be nervous / make mistakes.

feed the ball to packie downie first of all & let his boots do the talking.

thewobbler

amallon's comments were a tad extreme. He is a bit green but Packie looks to have potential.

But quite honestly:

QuoteThis lad will be the next gooch cooper.

That is one crazy fuckin statement.

lisdoon1

Quote from: Uladh on May 21, 2007, 04:35:37 PM
Quote from: downredblack on May 21, 2007, 02:40:11 PM
Uladh , I dont give a flying one what you think , away and worry about Donegal  ;D

I've probably seen as much of down lately as you have sunshine and my opinion is of course eminently more relevant... Downey is shite. he was woeful yesterday.

The more important point to note coming out of the marshes yesterday was that down are still poor but, as ever, they don't think that.

Uladh, you havent got a clue. I have heard of armchair footballers, I have now interactively encountered my 1st keyboard footballer, congratulations! ;D

Brick Tamlin

Wobbler take care of Charlie stubbs there for me will ye theres a good lad, im tired of his tripe to be honest.

lisdoon1

Quote from: thewobbler on May 22, 2007, 01:02:36 PM
amallon's comments were a tad extreme. He is a bit green but Packie looks to have potential.

But quite honestly:

QuoteThis lad will be the next gooch cooper.

That is one crazy fuckin statement.

a tadd optimistic, but who knows. he is still 19 yo!!

full back

A tadd optimistic ???
Fcuk, one championship win & some Down posters have lost the complete plot

lisdoon1

Quote from: full back on May 22, 2007, 01:09:00 PM
A tadd optimistic ???
Fcuk, one championship win & some Down posters have lost the complete plot

we werent discussing the championship, infact we were  discussing Packie Downie (if you had of read the comments prior to commenting).

Some say he is shite some say he is ok and others think he was good & had a lot of potential.

Hardly loosing the plot   ::)