Miami Showband 40th Anniversary

Started by T Fearon, July 28, 2015, 10:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

This Friday.Hard to believe it's 40 years.Vividly remember this time,a week earlier I had seen Celtic (with Dalglish Mc Grain at all) beat Dundalk 6-0'in a pre season friendly.Sadly such acts of violence were seen as nothing out of the ordinary in that era,and the involvement of UDR personnel surprised no one either.For some reason the fact that Showaddywaddy immediately cancelled a planned tour of N Ireland the day after the atrocity sticks in my mind.

JUst retired

I remember it like it was yesterday. I worked with a band in those days and we were playing in the old Ardmore hotel that night.I came down that road about 1 30am and was shocked to hear the news next morning.Such a stupid senseless action.

Orior

I also heard that the father of a certain politician was in the UDR gang
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

snoopdog

i Wasnt Born, but it happened not that far from my home so ive always heard alot of talk about it. one of many senseless acts during the troubles. After that the north was a no go zone for any entertainment acts.

brokencrossbar1

I'm 40 this year and from now till this time next year there are an awful lot of these 'anniversaries'. It's sickening to think what happened round that time and how even to this day they are denied or in some ways justified. Frightening stuff really

GJL

Quote from: Orior on July 29, 2015, 08:31:13 AM

Would you really call him a 'politician'?

charlieTully

Quote from: GJL on July 29, 2015, 09:53:53 AM

See LAD have a video clip of him up on FB justifying the Ballymurphy massacre.

general_lee

Quote from: charlieTully on July 29, 2015, 10:05:22 AM

He is a sectarian moron. I used to get a laugh out of his videos but the tripe he came out with last night was unbelievable, even for his bigoted standards. The man is f**king poisonous.

As for the Miami Showband Massacre, I believe there was/is a parade "commemorating" two of UDR/UVF men responsible. Actually beggars belief.

Orior

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 29, 2015, 09:37:12 AM
I'm 40 this year and from now till this time next year there are an awful lot of these 'anniversaries'. It's sickening to think what happened round that time and how even to this day they are denied or in some ways justified. Frightening stuff really

Aye, right!

Orior

No, not him. An actual politician

screenexile

Quote from: general_lee on July 29, 2015, 01:09:44 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on July 29, 2015, 10:05:22 AM

He is a sectarian moron. I used to get a laugh out of his videos but the tripe he came out with last night was unbelievable, even for his bigoted standards. The man is f**king poisonous.

As for the Miami Showband Massacre, I believe there was/is a parade "commemorating" two of UDR/UVF men responsible. Actually beggars belief.

Looks like Facebook have removed him for that shite he posted last night... About time too!!!