All Ireland Minor Championship 2015

Started by twohands!!!, April 13, 2015, 10:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossfan on August 03, 2015, 11:27:23 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on August 03, 2015, 05:20:03 PM
Full time Tipperary 1-10 Galway 0-6. Well deserved win for Tipp. Munster much stronger than Connacht at this grade going by todays results.

With Connacht's Big Two taking a year out it was inevitable it would be a Munster double. ;D

Ye were well beaten on yer own patch so STFU.

ck

At the start of the year Connacht sides played various challenge games against Munster teams. Sligo, Galway and Mayo all won their respective games which gave the likes of myself great hope. What is now clear is that whilst the talent is in Connacht we didn't have the game intelligence to win Championships. The fact that Connacht minor teams have unknown inexperienced managers and coaches yet in other counties you have All-Ireland winning coaches. For me that is significant in terms of the guidance these young minors are getting. Talent will get you so far but you need the top man to guide that talent. Kerry for example have cottoned on to this some time ago and they will now win back to back minor All-Irelands this year. Kerry Kildare final with Kerry winning.

Syferus

Quote from: ck on August 04, 2015, 09:28:17 AM
At the start of the year Connacht sides played various challenge games against Munster teams. Sligo, Galway and Mayo all won their respective games which gave the likes of myself great hope. What is now clear is that whilst the talent is in Connacht we didn't have the game intelligence to win Championships. The fact that Connacht minor teams have unknown inexperienced managers and coaches yet in other counties you have All-Ireland winning coaches. For me that is significant in terms of the guidance these young minors are getting. Talent will get you so far but you need the top man to guide that talent. Kerry for example have cottoned on to this some time ago and they will now win back to back minor All-Irelands this year. Kerry Kildare final with Kerry winning.

The standard was simply not up to previous years CK, there is no more to it. Blaming management is the last refuge of a desperate man.

Sligo had no midfield all year, we beat ye in the league (that ye won) and almost beat ye in the championship with the worst performance by a Roscommon minor team I've seen in years. Galway lost a lot of league games too, panel sifting or not.

To me the biggest surprise was Mayo being so far off the pace of Galway at home. First year since 2004 that no Connacht team made the AISFs I think. Says all you need to know really.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on August 04, 2015, 10:54:24 AM

The standard was simply not up to previous years CK, there is no more to it. Blaming management is the last refuge of a desperate man.

Sligo had no midfield all year, we beat ye in the league (that ye won) and almost beat ye in the championship with the worst performance by a Roscommon minor team I've seen in years. Galway lost a lot of league games too, panel sifting or not.

To me the biggest surprise was Mayo being so far off the pace of Galway at home. First year since 2004 that no Connacht team made the AISFs I think. Says all you need to know really.
Well if we had a different management set up we'd likely have won this year's Connacht bad and all as we were.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie

I hope to God ye never win anything too important because if this is what ye're like now....

Syferus

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 04, 2015, 11:41:52 AM
I hope to God ye never win anything too important because if this is what ye're like now....

I doubt you were hoping we'd win anything regardless ;D

ck

Well I can certainly speak for ourselves in that there was a major management and tactical deficit. If that was addressed then we had the natural talent to go further. That is without question.

Captain Obvious

You don't read into challenge matches nothing more than run outs. Could be all Munster All Ireland final as Kildare,Derry weren't that convincing in their quarter final wins.

SLIGONIAN

Deep down Roscommon Gaa just don't respect Sligo simple as that
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

macdanger2

To me the biggest surprise was Mayo being so far off the pace of Galway at home.

I believe one of our starting midfielders was injured before the game and the 2nd went off after 20 minutes. We may not have beaten Galway but it might have been closer if we had those two

Tubberman

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 04, 2015, 04:08:33 PM
To me the biggest surprise was Mayo being so far off the pace of Galway at home.

I believe one of our starting midfielders was injured before the game and the 2nd went off after 20 minutes. We may not have beaten Galway but it might have been closer if we had those two

That couldn't account for the almighty hammering we got. We were so thoroughly hammered all over the field that I was near certain we were looking a special Galway team. Then they drew with Sligo and get beaten by Tipp. The only consolation is the old saying "you can never tell with minors".
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

magpie seanie

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 04, 2015, 04:03:54 PM

It's not deep down! And we're in good company!!! They don't seem to respect anyone.

Rossfan

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 04, 2015, 04:23:05 PM

It's not deep down! And we're in good company!!! They don't seem to respect anyone.
We really like ye ShligoĆ­ns - our only nice Connacht neighbours  :-*
We of course have never respected anyone - look at some of the TDs we elected or dumped down the years  ;) and don't get me started on what we did to some Landlords and the like.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on August 04, 2015, 04:28:27 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 04, 2015, 04:23:05 PM

We really like ye ShligoĆ­ns - our only nice Connacht neighbours  :-*
We of course have never respected anyone - look at some of the TDs we elected or dumped down the years  ;) and don't get me started on what we did to some Landlords and the like.....

I always respected John Mullane myself.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Tubberman on August 04, 2015, 04:19:48 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 04, 2015, 04:08:33 PM

That couldn't account for the almighty hammering we got. We were so thoroughly hammered all over the field that I was near certain we were looking a special Galway team. Then they drew with Sligo and get beaten by Tipp. The only consolation is the old saying "you can never tell with minors".

To be fair to our lads their stand out midfielder pulled out injured just before the game yesterday and the lad who was their best forward during the course of the Connacht championship went off injured early. May have lost anyway but those were two big body blows one after another.