Mayo v Monaghan 1-3-15

Started by Farrandeelin, February 22, 2015, 04:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Hopefully the Mayo players will be stung into action as they enter this '4 pointer' early in March against a Monaghan side who dismantled the team who dismantled us. Cork only beat Monaghan by a point, and that in itself says a lot about where Monaghan are at, however Monaghan will be stung going into this game as well so it could be a Tyrone type situation once again for us Mayo supporters. We'll reserve judgement on the culling of the panel issues and indeed what direction Mayo seem to be heading until this game is over. If we win, which is possible - then we're heading on the right path, lose and the knives will be sharpened for the duo in charge, i.e. why was such and such cut etc...

My gut tells me that Mayo won't be as bad against Tyrone, but not knowing much about Monaghan, I cannot say Mayo will win easily, just about, or as Lar said for me to say Mayo will end up getting walloped by 6 points!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

giveballaghback

Well guess what, another thread about Mayo.

From the Bunker

Quote from: giveballaghback on February 22, 2015, 07:02:14 PM

You obviously have not been hanging around Gaaboard very long, have you?

larryin89

Really hard to know how this will go.Monaghan are no joke that's for sure, looked well at times v Tyrone. Everyone's heard the rumours of who got cut along with duffy and if ture it's hardly sensational stuff. I don't understand why duffy could be named but the others couldn't .

How Mayo set up for this one will be interesting especially with pateen now of seen for the first time how blanket defence works . I'd like to see Cillian at Chf for this one.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

INDIANA

Quote from: larryin89 on February 22, 2015, 08:04:06 PM
Really hard to know how this will go.Monaghan are no joke that's for sure, looked well at times v Tyrone. Everyone's heard the rumours of who got cut along with duffy and if ture it's hardly sensational stuff. I don't understand why duffy could be named but the others couldn't .

How Mayo set up for this one will be interesting especially with pateen now of seen for the first time how blanket defence works . I'd like to see Cillian at Chf for this one.

who else got cut larry

muppet

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 22, 2015, 07:32:45 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on February 22, 2015, 07:02:14 PM

You obviously have not been hanging around Gaaboard very long, have you?

We had better do a search of the deserted villages database.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

This is what it s all about really. Alarmingly, Pateen was quick with the soft chat and more alarming still, excuses after getting filleted by Mickey Harte. It ll be a pleasant surprise if he turns out to a tactician but we might find a way to win this.

The other ones dropped will be named in local paper tomorrow I expect. As you say nothing surprising there anyway.

From the Bunker

Probably because he works in the media? As for the rest! They probably needed time to be told and time to tell their clubs and family.

Main Street

I enjoyed the last game played by Monaghan in Mayo in the NFL,  not the result of course, i.e. that (perceived) fortunate win for Mayo.
Consistency use to be lacking for Monaghan in the NFL, but not so much these days, this should be the competitive game of the round as Mayo valiantly but vainly try to ward off the pugnacious Monaghan men.

mjg

Sad to see enda varley been dropped

rosnarun

Quote from: mjg on February 23, 2015, 05:55:17 AM
Sad to see enda varley been dropped
any more names?
alan Freeman?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mjg

Surely not freezer sure its only a year since he got a standing ovation coming off against cork

twohands!!!

Very low scoring predicted - would surely think that Mayo will score more than 1-3 ; the Monaghan defence isnt that good. :)

macdanger2

I just went on the WP website seeing if there was any news on who's been cut from the panel, their first three headlines under "Connacht Sport" are:

All Black centurion to start for Connacht (Nov '14)

McStay and Holmes front-runners to replace Horan (Sept '14)

Horan steps down as Mayo boss (Aug '14)

:o :o

That used to be a decent enough website

Lar Naparka

Quote from: mjg on February 23, 2015, 10:12:51 AM
Surely not freezer sure its only a year since he got a standing ovation coming off against cork

His form has been very erratic since he started to play for the county.
No doubt he has enormous talent but if he gets a good belt early on in a game or if things go wrong for him in any way, it seems to put him off his stride.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi