NFL Division 3 2015

Started by FermGael, January 26, 2015, 02:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

None.
Sure we never beat Armagh in Croke Park.
Bookies have us priced at 3-1 which I think is fair enough when you consider the hammering Armagh gave us when they drew with us in the Athletic grounds.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

illdecide

Match approaching fast...Think Armagh will win this by 4-5pts. Getting near to full strength and with Championship approaching the heads will hopefully be in Championship mode. Fermanagh are a good side too though but i think we'll be a bit too strong for them. Glad to see Fermanagh on the rise too and like Pete McGrath
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

FermGael

Fermanagh midfielder and captain Eoin Donnelly has been definitely ruled out for this game.
He has a thumb injury.
Donnelly will be a massive blow for Fermanagh as he has been playing really well all year.

Apart from that Fermanagh have a clean bill of health.  Quigley is fine apparently.

Orior

Quote from: FermGael on April 20, 2015, 03:39:58 PM
Fermanagh midfielder and captain Eoin Donnelly has been definitely ruled out for this game.
He has a thumb injury.
Donnelly will be a massive blow for Fermanagh as he has been playing really well all year.

Apart from that Fermanagh have a clean bill of health.  Quigley is fine apparently.

What happens when Quigley is marked out of the game?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Farrandeelin

I hope Fermanagh win this one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

FermGael

Quote from: Orior on April 20, 2015, 09:39:41 PM
Quote from: FermGael on April 20, 2015, 03:39:58 PM
He has a thumb injury.

What happens when Quigley is marked out of the game?

That's the thing Orior. 
He has been given special attention all year by opposition teams.
Armagh kept him quiet enough in the athletic grounds but let ruairi corrigan have the freedom of the pitch.
Quigley has done most of his scoring from frees but he only needs a second.
I actually think there is much more in him.

illdecide

I'd love to have Quigley on the edge of the square for Armagh...

RealSpiritof98

illdecide

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on April 21, 2015, 11:28:42 AM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on April 21, 2015, 11:21:51 AM
That could be arranged  ;)

But Hugh Morgan is no longer involved :D

Isn't Qiugley a far out relative of Keith Quigley in Carrickcruppen?  :P

yellowcard

I expect this one to go to the wire. Armagh have had a few long term injuries like Dyas, Campbell, Rafferty and McKeever during the League and will hope to have some or all of them back starting on Sunday. I think both counties have a big enough gap to their championship games that they can put everything into trying to win silverware. Its important to breed a wining mentality even if its only a division 3 title. The injured players coming back might give Armagh a slight edge from the last match but the League table, the scoring difference and the fact that the last match between the 2 was a draw should indicate that Saturdays game will be something similar.   

Agent Orange

Quote from: yellowcard on April 22, 2015, 03:25:37 PM
I expect this one to go to the wire. Armagh have had a few long term injuries like Dyas, Campbell, Rafferty and McKeever during the League and will hope to have some or all of them back starting on Sunday. I think both counties have a big enough gap to their championship games that they can put everything into trying to win silverware. Its important to breed a wining mentality even if its only a division 3 title. The injured players coming back might give Armagh a slight edge from the last match but the League table, the scoring difference and the fact that the last match between the 2 was a draw should indicate that Saturdays game will be something similar.   

They'll be a bit late if they are back on Sunday. Throw in is 7.15 on Saturday.

I expect us to win pulling up, we took our foot of the pedal against Fermanagh the last day, don't see Geezer allowing this to happen on Saturday. Armagh by 4+

twohands!!!

Quote from: Agent Orange on April 23, 2015, 09:53:09 AM

They'll be a bit late if they are back on Sunday. Throw in is 7.15 on Saturday.

I expect us to win pulling up, we took our foot of the pedal against Fermanagh the last day, don't see Geezer allowing this to happen on Saturday. Armagh by 4+

Yeah I'd imagine that winning the Division 3 final is an important milestone in McGeeney's five year plan and as such I think the 1/3 odds are a mite generous.

naka

Armagh team
Geoghan
Mallon vernon Murray
Morgan moriarity shields
Findon mc keever
Kernan mc kennaClarke
Murnin Rafferty forker

LCohen

There will probably be changes before throw in. There always is for some reason.

There will definitely be positional changes. Probably Rafferty to midfield. McKeever will be one of the many defenders. Forker and Kernan will spend most of their time defending which leaves a lot of responsibility and opportunity on young McKenna.

An underwhelming league by Armagh and a big opportunity to consign that to history with an emphatic performance. To do that Murnin and McKenna will have to deliver,

A bit of Armagh blood in the Fermangh full back. Good luck to the lad